Bracketology—Greatest QB in NFL history style

laughedatbytime

Wrong format to paste the chart but here's the link...

http://www.nfl.com/qs/bracketology/round1.jsp

In the round of 32 Eli Manning leads Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe is ahead of Troy Aikman, according to my facebook feed.

So this is something worth taking seriously.

Anyway, how would everyone vote?

Though I have no idea what "bracketology" means, I must thank you for the tag, LABT. :ebert:

Bracketology is a term coined by an American sports network to discuss which teams will be involved and which seedings they get in the NCAA college basketball tournament every April.

Though I have no idea what "bracketology" means, I must thank you for the tag, LABT. :ebert:

Bracketology is a term coined by an American sports network to discuss which teams will be involved and which seedings they get in the NCAA college basketball tournament every April.

I think I get it - teams being whittled down to the very last two best teams?

You got it :ebert:

Yay! :yay: :yay: :yay:

• Like 1

Don't forget to vote.

Don't forget to vote.

So that's 4 boxes in that link, and 1 player from each box, meaning I have to choose 4 players?

Don't forget to vote.

So that's 4 boxes in that link, and 1 player from each box, meaning I have to choose 4 players?

No, choose one from each pair, 8 in total. And make sure you vote for the greatest QB of all time, Dan Marino.

Don't forget to vote.

No, choose one from each pair, 8 in total. And make sure you vote for the greatest QB of all time, Dan Marino.

Got it - will do asap. And don't worry: Dan Marino will get a vote. :cool:

• Like 1

Don't forget to vote.

:yay: :cheerleader: :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :ebert: :angel:

Don't forget to vote.

Dude's a legend! :notworthy: :notworthy:

• Like 1

Don't forget to vote.

I agree but there are people from you country who think some guy named Drew Brees is better. Probably just because he's tight wih One Direction though.

• Like 1

Don't forget to vote.

I agree but there are people from you country who think some guy named Drew Brees is better. Probably just because he's tight wih One Direction though.

Ironically, I'm not familiar with Drew Brees. Unbelievably, I've heard of One Direction.

Don't forget to vote.

Ironically, I'm not familiar with Drew Brees. Unbelievably, I've heard of One Direction.

What One Direction is to Rush, Drew Brees is to Dan Marino.

I don't really like this kind of thing to be honest, you can't compare guys from different eras. You can look at stats for what they're worth and count Super Bowl rings but that doesn't really prove anything either.
  • Like 1

Don't forget to vote.

You don't know who Drew Brees is?? :eh: :smash:

Don't forget to vote.

:LOL:!!!

I thought I'd check out the ESPN QBR ratings that they came out with a couple years ago with some fanfare. It considers many things including game situation (discounts garbage time stat padding, etc.) If you discount the partial season of Josh McCown last year (and I do), Peyton Manning has 6 of the top 10 QBR seasons (of 8 possible). He's never finished lower than #2 in the league for a season.

His one off year was 28th best ever, and better than Tony Romo has ever done. That was also right before his neck surgery, so I would assume it was hindering him during that year.

That seems pretty impressive.

http://espn.go.com/n.../alltime-season

I thought I'd check out the ESPN QBR ratings that they came out with a couple years ago with some fanfare. It considers many things including game situation (discounts garbage time stat padding, etc.) If you discount the partial season of Josh McCown last year (and I do), Peyton Manning has 6 of the top 10 QBR seasons (of 8 possible). He's never finished lower than #2 in the league for a season.

His one off year was 28th best ever, and better than Tony Romo has ever done. That was also right before his neck surgery, so I would assume it was hindering him during that year.

That seems pretty impressive.

http://espn.go.com/n.../alltime-season

I can't remember where I read it but I read somewhere that McCown had 5 ints dropped. If even 3 of those had been caught he'd be nowhere near this list.

Brady-Brees Rogers-Manning > Brady-Manning > Manning

Montana-Kelly Elway-Marino > Montana-Marino > Marino

Favre-Warner Young-Aikman > Farve-Young > Favre

Unitas-Namath Tarkenton-Bradshaw > Namath-Tarkenton > Namath

Namath-Favre Manning-Marino > Favre-Manning > Manning

10153985_10152127592576263_1303588983_n.jpg

Credibility shot, we move to round 2. Gannon over Favre? Russell Wilson over Peyton Manning?

I don't really like this kind of thing to be honest, you can't compare guys from different eras. You can look at stats for what they're worth and count Super Bowl rings but that doesn't really prove anything either.

So true, without reading up on players from the early eras of the NFL you don't get a complete picture or understanding of what it was like or how extraordinary a player was during a certain time period.Stats do not tell the whole story.