Jump to content


Gedlousy.

lame thread title geddy husbands boyfriends jealousy geddy shirtless etc...

  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Alph Seeker

Alph Seeker

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2716 posts
  • Interests:Flyfishing, flytying, motorcycling, archery, skiing, snowboarding...

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Well...
I just spent about 15 minutes trying to quote only your first paragraph using my phone.  I f'in give up on that!
But.  I think that if you tell your husband what you said there, whenever you feel it, and tell him that the Geddy thing is just stupid girl stuff that he (being a Man) is not capable of understanding, then all should be right in your world.
Besides, if the two of you like Rush and are married...I mean, my god, that's gold right there.  What do you argue about in the car, WHICH album to play?

Sponsored Post

#42 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 22 March 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Jealousy is fear of losing someone. I know this because I'm a jealous guy, and it was one of the things that drove my ex away.

Being brutally honest with oneself and therapy goes a long way.

Ugh that reminds me of that stupid John Lennon song he likes to play "Jealous Guy". But yeah, it does ruin a relationship. It can push the other person away if it's unfounded.

Hate that song too, and I was unfortunate to remind myself of it ;)

#43 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 22 March 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Jealousy is fear of losing someone. I know this because I'm a jealous guy, and it was one of the things that drove my ex away.

Being brutally honest with oneself and therapy goes a long way.

Thank you for saying this :)
I really don't know what jealousy is like. I can't even force myself to care if my husband looks at another woman....I ask honestly, thanks for answering :)

The reasons behind jealousy, I guess, is different from people to people. For me it's rooted in my childhood. I didn't say a word until I was 3 years old, when I suddenly started talking. Up until then I would smash dinner plates if I got angry, which makes me believe it was frustration of not building proper rapport with my parents. My basic understanding of "connectedness" with the world outside me is sometimes flawed, and when jealousy strikes I feel it is fear of losing that basic sense of being safe in this world. The other person is just the trigger for that memory.

I just reminded myself of lots of things I should talk to my therapist about :)

#44 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79260 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hubby is usually pretty chill when it comes to my rock crushes lol I can even say the things I'd do to certain musicians, and he laughs and says "You would wear him out for sure!!!!" He knows it's just a harmless crush that will never, in a million years, EVER have the chance to turn into anything more than fan admiration. :P

There was one time I posted a picture of Richard Kruspe of Rammstein on facebook shirtless, and said "daaammnnnnnn, son" or something like that.
He did get upset but I wasn't having any of it. Suddenly it was an issue? I WILL post yummy shirtless pictures of rock stars whenever I feel like it lmao. He eventually apologized for it and said it was no big deal.

It's not a big deal. Also we had crushes before we were even together. It's not like I can turn off my Trent Reznor, Alan Rickman, or Steve Nash crushes just like that, hehehehe.

Omg..! Alan Rickman and that voice..!   :drool:

#45 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostBabycat, on 23 March 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hubby is usually pretty chill when it comes to my rock crushes lol I can even say the things I'd do to certain musicians, and he laughs and says "You would wear him out for sure!!!!" He knows it's just a harmless crush that will never, in a million years, EVER have the chance to turn into anything more than fan admiration. :P

There was one time I posted a picture of Richard Kruspe of Rammstein on facebook shirtless, and said "daaammnnnnnn, son" or something like that.
He did get upset but I wasn't having any of it. Suddenly it was an issue? I WILL post yummy shirtless pictures of rock stars whenever I feel like it lmao. He eventually apologized for it and said it was no big deal.

It's not a big deal. Also we had crushes before we were even together. It's not like I can turn off my Trent Reznor, Alan Rickman, or Steve Nash crushes just like that, hehehehe.

Omg..! Alan Rickman and that voice..!   :drool:

Just him whispering in my ear would be enough. I don't need to even be touched to have "the big finish" hahahahaha his voice would be enough for sure!

#46 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79260 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

View Posthobo73, on 23 March 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 23 March 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hubby is usually pretty chill when it comes to my rock crushes lol I can even say the things I'd do to certain musicians, and he laughs and says "You would wear him out for sure!!!!" He knows it's just a harmless crush that will never, in a million years, EVER have the chance to turn into anything more than fan admiration. :P

There was one time I posted a picture of Richard Kruspe of Rammstein on facebook shirtless, and said "daaammnnnnnn, son" or something like that.
He did get upset but I wasn't having any of it. Suddenly it was an issue? I WILL post yummy shirtless pictures of rock stars whenever I feel like it lmao. He eventually apologized for it and said it was no big deal.

It's not a big deal. Also we had crushes before we were even together. It's not like I can turn off my Trent Reznor, Alan Rickman, or Steve Nash crushes just like that, hehehehe.

Omg..! Alan Rickman and that voice..!   :drool:

Just him whispering in my ear would be enough. I don't need to even be touched to have "the big finish" hahahahaha his voice would be enough for sure!

Haha..! So true..!   :P





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lame thread title, geddy, husbands, boyfriends, jealousy, geddy shirtless, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users