Combining songs in iTunes

Cygnus 2112

I used to be able to combine multiple tracks from a CD into one big long track. Now iTunes won't allow it. Is there another way to turn three or four songs into one?

Maybe they changed it, but when importing the songs from your CD, just click on the tracks you want to join (like Broon's Bane and The Trees on ESL) and hit combine and you've got it. If you don't want the songs separately, go in and delete those files.

I don't have a Join Tracks button in iTunes. I'll try the other option.

This is only an option when importing from a CD.

I have Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence in my computer and want to make it one long track. When I go to Options it says Get Track Names and Submit CD Track Names. It doesn't have an option to Join Tracks.

Apple's philosophy for the last few years seems to be "remove things so that it's so simple grandma won't be intimidated". Unfortunately this means they usually remove features that are actually useful. If you can't find the button to join tracks, you can download audacity or vdubmod to fuse the tracks. If you've got windows 7 or earlier you can do this in windows movie maker by importing the songs from your computer, putting them in the timeline that is the "movie" and then exporting it as your preferred audio format. Windows will see that it's only audio and export it in an audio format automatically. The major problem with this method is that windows movie maker compression quality is usually crap.