Rush Plotting 41st Anniversary Tour for 2015

Jag2112

I'm taking this with i a grain of salt, but I like to entertain the idea of a new Rush tour. But they have to come to Europe and preferably not too far from Denmark! Last tour I went to Amsterdam which was a 466 mile drive, and we stayed for an extended weekend. Needless to say it was worth it. Now I'm just thinking were the next trip should go to.

I'm really hoping for Alien Shores. Imagine no sound but the chit chatting of the crowd, and then suddenly BAM ... the kick ass intro riff :drool:

I'm taking this with i a grain of salt, but I like to entertain the idea of a new Rush tour. But they have to come to Europe and preferably not too far from Denmark! Last tour I went to Amsterdam which was a 466 mile drive, and we stayed for an extended weekend. Needless to say it was worth it. Now I'm just thinking were the next trip should go to.

I'm really hoping for Alien Shores. Imagine no sound but the chit chatting of the crowd, and then suddenly BAM ... the kick ass intro riff :drool:

Worst come to worst we can crowd source the money for airfare to come to the states!

• Like 1

They've never been to my city. Maybe they will this time. We have a beautiful arena with ten thousand empty seats waiting to be filled in the event that they swing by me.

I drove 10 hours one way to go to one of the shows I attended for this last tour. Never thought I'd drive that far just to go to a concert. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Not everyone has the money to do that as much as we would love to.

lol, I know man. I was lucky enough to go from north georgia to nashville to see the boys (hell, I was lucky enough to go to atlanta even. that's still 90 miles from me). I have no idea how some folks can afford to see 10-15 shows per tour.

Or how many people I see, several people, saying that they're "still in debt" from the last tour. If its breaking the bank, stick to a few shows ;)

Ill be able to see them again, as well as others, cause I only stuck with what I could afford last time around lol

• Like 1

And, wouldn’t it great if they DIDN’T play Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight or 2112?

I would be really impressed if they omitted Tom Sawyer. I think they should do it just because they can. Seriously, they don't need to play it....unless they're really interested in pleasing the casual fan who knows only four Rush tunes. I hope they aren't.

They've basically said it's permanently in their set. I'm glad about that. There's always first Rush show folks in the crowd. I'm already plotting to take my stepson. It'll be his first Rush show. This is why it's permanent. Quite rightly so.

Right????

Hubby told me before the Milwaukee show "I hope they omit Tom Sawyer. They've played it so much! We hear it all the time!"

I shrieked "NO!!! Shut UP!!! It is MY first Rush show, I must hear it!!!"

:P

I wonder what they would charge to play at my Son's B-Day party? Hmmm.

Rush playing Happy Birthday.......Classic!

Heck, what would they charge to play MY birthday! "You can set up there in the living room, guys. Just use the fireplace hearth as a drum riser."

Worst come to worst we can crowd source the money for airfare to come to the states!

Now that would fit my understanding of epic. I've always wanted to go to a Rush concert where people really go nuts :D

And, wouldn’t it great if they DIDN’T play Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight or 2112?

I would be really impressed if they omitted Tom Sawyer. I think they should do it just because they can. Seriously, they don't need to play it....unless they're really interested in pleasing the casual fan who knows only four Rush tunes. I hope they aren't.

They've basically said it's permanently in their set. I'm glad about that. There's always first Rush show folks in the crowd. I'm already plotting to take my stepson. It'll be his first Rush show. This is why it's permanent. Quite rightly so.

That's as good a reason as any to keep playing it. :) I don't balk at all when they play it, but I don't personally need to see it live anymore. It's all good whether they play it or not.

Actually, there are very few songs that I really need to see live. It's their Show, so I'm happy with whatever they play. It's always been a freaking privilege to see a Rush Show; I'm eternally grateful...... :notworthy: :notworthy:

"We want to try and play different material this time," Lifeson says. "I've always wanted to do some rarer Rush material, and this should be a good opportunity to do that. I also think it's going to be a long tour. We just need to stay healthy until then."

Just when I was about to retire from the band..

Yeah, like that was gonna happen. ;)

Well, retire from the shadow of what they are now, but I'll always bask in the greatness of what they used to be.

"We want to try and play different material this time," Lifeson says. "I've always wanted to do some rarer Rush material, and this should be a good opportunity to do that. I also think it's going to be a long tour. We just need to stay healthy until then."

Well, retire from the shadow of what they are now, but I'll always bask in the greatness of what they used to be.

What you need is a time machine.

• Like 2

What you need is a time machine.

Wouldn't ever want that. I'm happy just popping in a classic Rush CD with a nice cup of Jamaican Blue mountain, when the mood strikes!

I would like to see Tom Sawyer dropped because it would leave space for something else. If Geddy could still sing TS like he used to that would be something else. He needs to stick to songs in his current vocal range.

So, we have a non-album tour coming up for 2015, marking the..

40th for Fly By Night and Caress of Steel

35th for Permanent Waves

30th for Power Windows

and the 5th for the Caravan Single.

This will be good.

I hope they do some medleys for this tour, its always so exciting to hear another song start as the first one ends, its unexpected, but welcomed.

By The Way Losingit2k. The set you wrote is good, but it lacks Power Windows. We had a ton of songs from it recently, but you cant ignore the 30th birthday coming up. Maybe stick Marathon in the encore?

• Like 1

Yeah be good if they played opening burst of Tom Sawyer then stopped and ged says 'nah only kiddin, sick of that one, here's Double Agent...'

Where would you rather be....

Then later, stop after alex's intro to Spirit of Radio and break into Here Again

Well do you see can't you see what i'm feelin.....

Still much rather the guys took a few months off and came back with a new studio album :(

It almost sounds like they were pushed into touring and didn't really want to. Kind of like it was taken out of their hands.

It almost sounds like they were pushed into touring and didn't really want to. Kind of like it was taken out of their hands.

I’m actually surprised they’re going out again so soon (2015.) They’ve been touring nearly nonstop since 2002. Not complaining though…

So, we have a non-album tour coming up for 2015, marking the..

40th for Fly By Night and Caress of Steel

35th for Permanent Waves

30th for Power Windows

and the 5th for the Caravan Single.

This will be good.

I hope they do some medleys for this tour, its always so exciting to hear another song start as the first one ends, its unexpected, but welcomed.

By The Way Losingit2k. The set you wrote is good, but it lacks Power Windows. We had a ton of songs from it recently, but you cant ignore the 30th birthday coming up. Maybe stick Marathon in the encore?

YES! I felt iffy saying I'd love to hear Marathon on the next tour. After all, wasn't it in one of the set lists just this last time around?

(Brain fart tonight! All I know is, I didn't see it and its such a killer song!!!!!!)

Yeah, that's what took out of that interview as well. And frankly, I'm not entirely convinced it's guaranteed to happen just yet. Regardless of what the promoters and managers say or plan, bottom line is that if the guys aren't up for touring, it isn't going to happen. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, but in a "wait and see" mode until something is officially announced on the Rush.com website.

• Like 1

Just in case they really are going to tour, and aren't really sure what they want to play, here is what I would consider the perfect setlist:

Far Cry

Spirit of Radio

Lessons

Cinderella Man

Circumstances

Cut to the Chase

Leave That Thing Alone

Show Don't Tell (Alternate with Prime Mover)

Driven - (Alternate with Digital Man)

Peaceable Kingdom (Alternate with Earthshine)

Medley - Subdivisions/Tom Sawyer/Limelight

Headlong Flight

The Main Monkey Business

Intermission

Afterimage (Alternate with The Enemy Within)

The Halo Effect

Fly By Night

Before and After (Alternate with What You're Doing)

2112 (abbreviated)

By-Tor and the Snowdog

Cygnus X-1 Part II Hemispheres (abbreviated)

YYZ

The Necromancer

Encore

Natural Science

La Villa Strangiato

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 1