Rush Plotting 41st Anniversary Tour for 2015

Jag2112

If recorded can we please have a simple well filmed concert with a decent stereo sound, and without all the comedy, extras and fancy bits.

And please try to hold the camera on the guitar/bass/drums during the solo, instead of changing camera angles every three seconds.

• Like 2

If recorded can we please have a simple well filmed concert with a decent stereo sound, and without all the comedy, extras and fancy bits.

And please try to hold the camera on the guitar/bass/drums during the solo, instead of changing camera angles every three seconds.

It always seems funny to me that Geddy oversees the editing because you'd think he could figure out that whoever is playing the coolest shit should be on screen! Lol Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

I hope we can hear Xanadu again at least one more time.

And hear the whole damn song!

Seriously, how long has it been since they played the entire song? I've seen them on every tour since 1991 and have never seen it played from start to finish (it was abbreviated on the Roll the Bones, CP and R30 tours).

Edited by The K Man
  • Like 1

I hope we can hear Xanadu again at least one more time.

And hear the whole damn song!

Seriously, how long has it been since they played the entire song? I've seen them on every tour since 1991 and have never seen it played from start to finish (it was abbreviated on the Roll the Bones, CP and R30 tours).

Yeah it's a damn shame. Honestly, I think that Geddy's voice holds them back from doing the whole song, he clearly struggles with the "For I have dined on honeydew and drunk the milk of paradise" part
  • Like 1

In terms of songs i'd love to hear:

Digital Man

Xanadu

The Analog Kid

Distant Early Warning

Animate

One other song i'd love to hear, but is probably VERY unlikely, is The Weapon. To me, its one of Rush's most underrated tracks from the 80s.

And if i hear Tom Sawyer, 2112, Spirit i'll be happy with that as unlike some people on this forum, I understand that a band have to cater to a casual audience.

It'd be nice to hear Xanadu, Mystic Rhyhms, and Show Don't Tell—three of my top ten favorite songs. I wasn't even alive the last time they played Show Don't Tell (1997), and I was only six when they last played Xanadu and Mystic Rhythms (2004). Hopefully I'll see one of them live before the band's inevitable retirement…