Rush Plotting 41st Anniversary Tour for 2015

Jag2112

"Plotting"...well-put, OP. They are primarily plotting to acquire your money. Let's be honest, its largely no longer about artistic integrity and authenticity...those are values long-gone.

While it's likely you're absolutely right for their motivations of this tour...I ain't even mad. I just want them to tour again.

Oh look they're doing exactly that. :D

Besides we all know that Neil's wife is behind the whole thing:

" Neil, you can' t play those loud things in the house while Olivia is doing her homework. Just get out and go on another tour already. You are way more productive on tour. Besides, Olivia needs a dress for her piano recital and I need new shoes. So call those other two other idiots you drink wine with at the the resturaunt for hours on in and start planning, 'cause I need a minimum of $ 2.3 million by 2016!..................

Call them now Neil!"

Neil: " Yes dear!".......Ring Ring. " Hey guys we need to talk." :whipgirl:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

"Plotting"...well-put, OP. They are primarily plotting to acquire your money. Let's be honest, its largely no longer about artistic integrity and authenticity...those are values long-gone.

While it's likely you're absolutely right for their motivations of this tour...I ain't even mad. I just want them to tour again.

" Neil, you can' t play those loud things in the house while Olivia is doing her homework. Just get out and go on another tour already. You are way more productive on tour. Besides, Olivia needs a dress for her piano recital and I need new shoes. So call those other two other idiots you drink wine with at the the resturaunt for hours on in and start planning, 'cause I need a minimum of $ 2.3 million by 2016!....................Call them now Neil!"

Dude you're like the amazing Kreskin of TRF

• Like 1

I hope they pull "3 is a magic number" from the vaults!

Hola Hector!

Hola my disk slinging Yukonian! How are things these days? How was dinner the other night? Sorry for the interruption.

• Like 1

" Neil, you can' t play those loud things in the house while Olivia is doing her homework. Just get out and go on another tour already. You are way more productive on tour. Besides, Olivia needs a dress for her piano recital and I need new shoes. So call those other two other idiots you drink wine with at the the resturaunt for hours on in and start planning, 'cause I need a minimum of $ 2.3 million by 2016!....................Call them now Neil!"

Dude you're like the amazing Kreskin of TRF

I have amazing powers of deduction!

http://www.lazytechguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The-Amazing-Kreskin.jpg

They will play Jacob's Ladder and all of Permanent Waves on their next tour!

Edited by losingit2k

Hola Hector!

Hola my disk slinging Yukonian! How are things these days? How was dinner the other night? Sorry for the interruption.

Hakuna Matata...I was up to my butt in alligators when you called. I was going to put you on speakerphone but realized my in-laws would think it was bad show. You know the deal. Disc Golf is on the horizon.

• Like 1

Hola Hector!

Hakuna Matata...I was up to my butt in alligators when you called. I was going to put you on speakerphone but realized my in-laws would think it was bad show. You know the deal. Disc Golf is on the horizon.

Good thinking, I knew something was up. Sounds yummy though. I like eating gator. Taste like chicken only rubberier! :codger:

Edited by losingit2k

So, we have a non-album tour coming up for 2015, marking the..

40th for Fly By Night and Caress of Steel

35th for Permanent Waves

30th for Power Windows

and the 5th for the Caravan Single.

This will be good.

I hope they do some medleys for this tour, its always so exciting to hear another song start as the first one ends, its unexpected, but welcomed.

By The Way Losingit2k. The set you wrote is good, but it lacks Power Windows. We had a ton of songs from it recently, but you cant ignore the 30th birthday coming up. Maybe stick Marathon in the encore?

YES! I felt iffy saying I'd love to hear Marathon on the next tour. After all, wasn't it in one of the set lists just this last time around?

(Brain fart tonight! All I know is, I didn't see it and its such a killer song!!!!!!)

They played it on the TM tour.. I think theres a great chance Marathon gets in again. Would be a good encore tune for sure. Would be great to hear Emotion Detector for the first time as well

• Like 1

I just can't see why they couldn't do Jacob's Ladder for this. The singing (what there is of it) is really low in Ged's register he could do it easily. Their playing is still great and it's not too complex IMO a'la Hemispheres or something.

I doubt they'd do a song like Emotion Detector but maybe a rarity like Countdown or The Enemy Within would be more possible.

Remember that rare tunes should still be in Ged's range. He'll be looking for "Rare" tunes he can still vocally pull off.

I'm thinking of anything between Signals up to TFE vocally. Medley wise I have a feeling we will hear a Hemispheres Prelude all

the way up until the vocals begin. Plus maybe Different Strings, Jacobs Ladder are doable too...ish.

I for one certainly don't want to hear a bunch of "rare" tunes tuned down to Drop B so Ged can hit all the notes.

It will be a great tour. I know it.

I've been listening to the mid-80 to mid 90 stuff alot the last month or so. None of it is in his range. The only difference between 70s range and that stuff is that he quit screaming. Its just as high as any early stuff except maybe some of Hemispheres and Freewill. Singing rather than screaming is the only real difference. I don't know how he pulls any of it off anymore.

• Like 1

Remember that rare tunes should still be in Ged's range. He'll be looking for "Rare" tunes he can still vocally pull off.

I'm thinking of anything between Signals up to TFE vocally. Medley wise I have a feeling we will hear a Hemispheres Prelude all

the way up until the vocals begin. Plus maybe Different Strings, Jacobs Ladder are doable too...ish.

I for one certainly don't want to hear a bunch of "rare" tunes tuned down to Drop B so Ged can hit all the notes.

It will be a great tour. I know it.

I've been listening to the mid-80 to mid 90 stuff alot the last month or so. None of it is in his range. The only difference between 70s range and that stuff is that he quit screaming. Its just as high as any early stuff except maybe some of Hemispheres and Freewill. Singing rather than screaming is the only real difference. I don't know how he pulls any of it off anymore.

I would say most pre PeW songs are in a higher register than the mid 80s to mid 90s stuff. It's more than just the fact that he stopped screaming, which he never really did that much of anyway Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

I have finally stopped laughing hard enough to manage a post here. All of this based upon what? How many times in the past has Alex ranted off about doing this or doing that? He is as credible as __________________________ (insert best simile here).

Thanks for the humor - I did need it!

I have finally stopped laughing hard enough to manage a post here. All of this based upon what? How many times in the past has Alex ranted off about doing this or doing that? He is as credible as __________________________ (insert best simile here).

Why do you think it's not credible? They had a meeting and made a semi-formal announcement to Rolling Stone (and possibly more).

• Like 1

Well let's admit it. Alex is Geddys bitch. Both he and Neil will do whatever the master says. :LOL:

• Like 1

so when does the boohoo fest start because it's not 1979 anymore?

Slow down there whipper-snapper. You grasshoppers need to keep in mind that without the support they received throughout their early years, Rush would not have survived to record such albums as Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire, Counterparts, Clockwork Angels, etc. The past several tours have been dominated by newer material. What would be so wrong with the band wanting to thank and reward their earliest supporters with a setlist laden with earlier material? With no new album to support, now would be the perfect time to do it. I've been to every Rush tour since I was 16, and I'll go to this tour no matter what they play… but I for one would be most appreciative if the "rarities" of which Sir Alex speaks are taken from albums like Caress of Steel, Hemispheres, Fly By Night, 2112, and Farewell to Kings, rather than Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Presto, Hold Your Fire, and Counterparts as they have on the past few tours. If they choose to go with mostly newer material, I will be disappointed, but I will still be there, as I always have been. I may let it be known that I'm disappointed, but I won't be "boohooing", that's for sure.

just wait til the first post of the actual set list or geds vocals and it will begin
  • Like 1

They've never been to my city. Maybe they will this time. We have a beautiful arena with ten thousand empty seats waiting to be filled in the event that they swing by me.

I drove 10 hours one way to go to one of the shows I attended for this last tour. Never thought I'd drive that far just to go to a concert. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I rode a motorcycle for a week to get to one of their shows.. Ask me if I'd do it again ;)

As for "not-so-rare-but-it's-been-a-while" stuff, I want The Trees back in the set. I really missed that one after not hearing it since the 2nd leg of the S&A tour. Same goes for Xanadu. Please for the love of god play Xanadu, I don't care if it's even only 75% of it like on the R30 tour, that version kicked ass anyway.

<dragon intro video>

One Little Victory

Freewill

Working Them Angels

Subdivisions

Afterimage (RARE)

YYZ

Animate (NOT SINCE R30)

Clockwork Angels

The Trees

Cut To The Chase (NEVER PLAYED LIVE)

The Enemy Within (RARE)

Countdown (RARE)

Secret Touch

<intermission>

<video>

Tom Sawyer

Test For Echo (RARE)

Red Barchetta

Cold Fire (RARE)

Distant Early Warning

Natural Science (RARE-ish)

Headlong Flight

Drum Solo

Different Strings (you know the drill, Lerxst solo acoustic, then extended at the end) (RARE)

Xanadu (RARE)

La Villa Strangiato (complete with Lerxst rant)

The Garden (if it can be done without the strings, otherwise skip it)

Working Man (none of that reggae BS)

<encore>

Far Cry

The Spirit Of Radio

Crossroads (COVER SONG)

Limelight

:D

Ya but I hate the way they turned the trees into a joke with all the cartoon sound triggers, Homer Simpson and Daffy Duck, etc

• Like 1

As for "not-so-rare-but-it's-been-a-while" stuff, I want The Trees back in the set. I really missed that one after not hearing it since the 2nd leg of the S&A tour. Same goes for Xanadu. Please for the love of god play Xanadu, I don't care if it's even only 75% of it like on the R30 tour, that version kicked ass anyway.

<dragon intro video>

One Little Victory

Freewill

Working Them Angels

Subdivisions

Afterimage (RARE)

YYZ

Animate (NOT SINCE R30)

Clockwork Angels

The Trees

The Enemy Within (RARE)

Countdown (RARE)

Secret Touch

<intermission>

<video>

Tom Sawyer

Test For Echo (RARE)

Red Barchetta

Cold Fire (RARE)

Distant Early Warning

Headlong Flight

Drum Solo

Different Strings (you know the drill, Lerxst solo acoustic, then extended at the end) (RARE)

Xanadu (RARE)

<encore>

Far Cry

The Spirit Of Radio

Crossroads (COVER SONG)

Limelight

Ya but I hate the way they turned the trees into a joke with all the cartoon sound triggers, Homer Simpson and Daffy Duck, etc

"If you guys were beers, I'd drink every one of you!"

Hey after playing the song for 30+ years, I think they're allowed to have fun with them.

...Except reggae Working Man. Please don't do that ever again.

• Like 1

How 'bout some polka?

<polka intro video>

One Little Polka

Freepolka

Polka Them Angels

Polkavisions

Afterpolka

PPZ (Polka Polka Zed)

Polka

Clockwork Polka

Polka Trees

Cut To The Polka

The Polka Within

Countdown Polka

Secret Polka

<intermission>

<more polka video>

Tom Polka

Test For Polka

Red Polka

Cold Polka

Distant Early Polka

Natural Polka

Headlong Polka

Drum Polka

Different Polka (just to spice it up a bit)

Xanadu (make your own witty title here)

La Polka Strangiato (complete with Lerxst dance)

Polka Garden (if it can be done with dancing, otherwise skip it)

Working Polka (none of that reggae BS. Hell no, this is polka!)

<encore>

Polka Cry

The Spirit Of Polka

Crosspolka

Polkalight

<people going home crying>

• Like 1

How 'bout some polka?

<polka intro video>

One Little Polka

Freepolka

Polka Them Angels

Polkavisions

Afterpolka

PPZ (Polka Polka Zed)

Polka

Clockwork Polka

Polka Trees

Cut To The Polka

The Polka Within

Countdown Polka

Secret Polka

<intermission>

<more polka video>

Tom Polka

Test For Polka

Red Polka

Cold Polka

Distant Early Polka

Natural Polka

Headlong Polka

Drum Polka

Different Polka (just to spice it up a bit)

Xanadu (make your own witty title here)

La Polka Strangiato (complete with Lerxst dance)

Polka Garden (if it can be done with dancing, otherwise skip it)

Working Polka (none of that reggae BS. Hell no, this is polka!)

<encore>

Polka Cry

The Spirit Of Polka

Crosspolka

Polkalight

<people going home crying>

I have no words. It's...beautiful.

• Like 2

so when does the boohoo fest start because it's not 1979 anymore?

I think it started around 1980..... :eh:

<dragon intro video>

One Little Victory

Freewill

Working Them Angels

Subdivisions

Afterimage (RARE)

YYZ

Animate (NOT SINCE R30)

Clockwork Angels

The Trees

The Enemy Within (RARE)

Countdown (RARE)

Secret Touch

<intermission>

<video>

Tom Sawyer

Test For Echo (RARE)

Red Barchetta

Cold Fire (RARE)

Distant Early Warning

Headlong Flight

Drum Solo

Xanadu (RARE)

<encore>

Far Cry

The Spirit Of Radio

Crossroads (COVER SONG)

Limelight

yeah I remember first time watching the trees from snakes and arrows and hearing dumbass south park samples. can we keep the "humor" to videos and stage props only?