Judas Priest finish recording new album

adace1

Cant wait!! Sucks they wont do a big tour, hope they at least get close to me. Edited by ridertoo98

Great news!

I'm still just a recent convert to Priest (thanks to treeduck :cheers: ) so I'm still making my way through their back catalogue, but it'll be great to hear a brand new album from them.

• Like 1

Great news!!!

I thought Angel Of Retribution was pretty good, a nice comeback album for the band. Nostradamus wasn't that good but I do give the band credit for trying something so different for them that far into their career. It sucks they won't do any major world tours anymore but that just makes them more of a special live attraction now. I saw them on the last tour and while Halford sounded great for a 60 year old man, I think less touring will probably help him vocally since there won't be as much day to day strain on his vocal chords.

Excellent :clap: :haz: I'm totally up for this album, It should be the release of the year! :blaze: I'm ready! In fact I'm so ready I've been digging out all my Priest albums arranged them all in a circle and I've been drawing power from their METAL :haz: energy to feed the Priest machine in the sky! :smoke: I even got the bad ones like Demolition out (actually there's a few good songs on there too!). I'm ready!! Ready for the new album!! Ready for Priest!!! Are you??? :madra:

:guitar: :NP:

I'm gonna watch this video again now!! :blaze:

• Like 2

Great news!

I'm still just a recent convert to Priest (thanks to treeduck :cheers: ) so I'm still making my way through their back catalogue, but it'll be great to hear a brand new album from them.

It's gonna be great! :cheers: :blaze: :NP:

Excellent :clap: :haz: I'm totally up for this album, It should be the release of the year! :blaze: I'm ready! In fact I'm so ready I've been digging out all my Priest albums arranged them all in a circle and I've been drawing power from their METAL :haz: energy to feed the Priest machine in the sky! :smoke: I even got the bad ones like Demolition out (actually there's a few good songs on there too!). I'm ready!! Ready for the new album!! Ready for Priest!!! Are you??? :madra:

:LOL:

I mean :haz:

:LOL:

I mean :haz:

:LOL: :smoke: :haz: :hail:

Here's a little bit more info:

We caught up with Rob Halford on the red carpet of the 3rd Annual Ronnie James Dio Awards on Monday (March 17) in Los Angeles. The Judas Priest singer was on hand to receive the Man on the Silver Mountain Award for helping to raise awareness of the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund.

In addition to talking about his late friend Ronnie James Dio and his rendition of the Rainbow’s ‘Man on the Silver Mountain’ for the new Dio tribute album ‘This Is Your Life,’ Halford dropped some big news to us about the upcoming Judas Priest album.

When we asked him about progress on the new disc, he gave us a very definitive answer: “The Priest album is finished. It’s done. I just heard from the mastering sessions that [guitarist] Glenn [Tipton is] looking over in England, it’s finished. It’s done. It’s coming out at some point. We’ve got some more information we’re about to drop but in the process of the magic of building up expectation and tension to the climax.”

Upon hearing that news, we had to ask Halford about the direction of the album, and he gave us a very short but very awesome answer. “It’s f—ing heavy,” he exclaimed.

So if it's mastered already then it could be out pretty soon.

• Like 1

I'll probably get it, and end up a bit disappointed that it isn't as good as Nostradamus.

I love that record SO MUCH. Plenty of face melting, but the album has a chance to B R E A T H E. I love the journey every time.

As for Halford's voice, judging by the last couple live albums, he sounds better than ever. Yes, he's lost some high end, but he learned a brand new shriek a few years ago that gives me chills.

• Like 1

I'll probably get it, and end up a bit disappointed that it isn't as good as Nostradamus.

I love that record SO MUCH. Plenty of face melting, but the album has a chance to B R E A T H E. I love the journey every time.

As for Halford's voice, judging by the last couple live albums, he sounds better than ever. Yes, he's lost some high end, but he learned a brand new shriek a few years ago that gives me chills.

Good to see some love for the Nostradamus album. :cheers: :haz: :clap: How did you like the previous one Angel of Retribution? :haz:

• Like 1

Good to see some love for the Nostradamus album. :cheers: :haz: :clap: How did you like the previous one Angel of Retribution? :haz:

After research, I bought 5 songs from Angel of Retribution to fill one of my huge collections (the JP one is 8 hours long). I'm betting Judas Rising, Revolution, Angel, Demonizer and Hellrider are the best of the lot. I rate them fantastic, excellent, excellent, very good and excellent.

They sound somewhat similar to the Nostradamus stuff, but also not far removed from the very good Painkiller album, though they were recorded 15 years after.

It makes me sad that there weren't more albums with Halford in between (not a fan of Ripper Owens).

• Like 1

After research, I bought 5 songs from Angel of Retribution to fill one of my huge collections (the JP one is 8 hours long). I'm betting Judas Rising, Revolution, Angel, Demonizer and Hellrider are the best of the lot. I rate them fantastic, excellent, excellent, very good and excellent.

They sound somewhat similar to the Nostradamus stuff, but also not far removed from the very good Painkiller album, though they were recorded 15 years after.

It makes me sad that there weren't more albums with Halford in between (not a fan of Ripper Owens).

All those songs are excellent, you probably need to get them all because Worth Fighting For is really good also Deal With the Devil, Wheels of Fire, all excellent songs. And the mega epic Loch Ness is cool too (even with the slightly cheesy chorus) there's just so much metal goodness in those 13 minutes!

• Like 1

All those songs are excellent, you probably need to get them all because Worth Fighting For is really good also Deal With the Devil, Wheels of Fire, all excellent songs. And the mega epic Loch Ness is cool too (even with the slightly cheesy chorus) there's just so much metal goodness in those 13 minutes!

Hell, I'm halfway there, so with an endorsement like that, I think i WILL get the whole album!

• Like 1

Hell, I'm halfway there, so with an endorsement like that, I think i WILL get the whole album!

:haz: :blaze:

Here's Worth Fighting For live, just to convince you further!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFa3ilI8MZk

Judas Priest Gearing Up To Release New Full-Length Album

http://www.metalunderground.com/images/bandphotos/Judas_Priest_photo.jpg

After a series of teasing statements, Judas Priest has now confirmed via a Facebook post (check out the image below) that a new album is done and full details will be released in the coming weeks.

Keep your eyes peeled for the official album title and release date.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/xfiruath/judaspriest_zps432fe8d2.jpg

I didn't have a copy of Nostradamus until I bought the 2011 Complete Albums Collection a couple months ago, and I've had so much Priest to listen to, I've only gave Nostra a couple spins. Its very ambitious and well produced. It would be a fitting sound track to a musical or movie, but it doesn't seem memorable enough from start to finish to be an entirely engaging audio journey. I am not a fair judge since I haven't heard it enough times—but it does have a number of stand out tracks. I probably should revisit it with the headphones along with my old friend Mary Jane. :banana: