Your Profile Name and how it relates to Rush, if it does...

Thunder Bay Rush

I see a lot of the names in here have something to do with Rush. But, many do not. Explain the origin of your profile name and explain how it ties into to the coolest band on the planet, if it does.

Mine – Thunder Bay is a city that I live 35 miles from… and the rest… well, duh. When I move to New Brunswick this summer, I’ll have to change my name I guess.

If this is in the wrong section, someone could move it…

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush

mine is from one of my favorite songs by the boys, and it kinda reflects my life..

I've lived hard and probably should have had a different outcome, but I now have Faith and understand Grace.

• Like 2

Mine is a combination of Rush and Oingo Boingo. When I started using that user name (way back when), they were the two bands I listened to consistently. If I were to keep updating my username with each new band that I assimilate into my favorite list, it would be something like They Might Be a Rush Boingo City Punk Collective. I should do a drawing of that potential user name. Whatever the case RushBoingo remains easy to use. Also as a side effect of the name, people have asked if it was associated with Rush Limbaugh. So I reply that I am the good person that has their name starting with Rush (don't forget this is not SOCN so don't start hating on me in here. You can call me out if you have to, but to be honest, I am Canadian, so I have little knowledge about Limbaugh, I just know people like putting him down, especially liberals)
  • Like 1

Mine has morphed into a play on Narpet from Caress Of Steel Didacts & Narpets. It was Narpet and then tx_rush suggested Napzilla. It was Narpzilla for a short while and then Lorraine came up with the Polish version Narpski. Its now Narpski for at least the foreseeable future. Hopefully the wonderful admins here will allow me to change it again in maybe 6 months or so. I have about 25 suggestions from the great folks here already to choose from...... Its fun and I enjoy it anyway :)
  • Like 4

How does the name Lorraine relate to Rush? Lorraine is the woman Rush should know but doesn't.

Rush's loss.

TRF's gain!

Forgot to answer the first part. Lorraine is my real name. I thought it silly to take a user name on a forum like this.

• Like 1

Well, my username is actually a nickname that was given to me the first time my ex-husband and I met. Long story short, he's a tattoo artist and I was in there for a Rush-related tattoo. We had mutual friends before that, so he mentioned "oh, you must be the Rush chick that everyone talks about." It just kinda stuck.

The 10 was added because just "Rushchick" was already taken when I signed up. :ph34r:

• Like 2

I think mine is self-explanatory as to how it relates to Rush. And it is my user name because it's also my license plate.

Why is it my license plate? Well, back in the early 80s I had the plate RUSH X1 for years. Then I fell out of love with Rush and got rid of it. A year or so ago I decided I wanted another Rush plate so I looked up my original one and someone else had taken it! So I tried to think of something that was unmistakably Rush but at the same time would be only obvious to people into the band, and the best I could come up with (that wasn't already taken) was X1YYZ.

Years ago, before I became a Rush fan, I saw the video for Time Stand Still, and I thought that Geddy's hairstyle in that video was hilariously ridiculous. I joked that if I was ever to sign up for a Rush forum, my username would have to be GeddysMullet. At the time, I didn't think there was a chance in hell that I'd ever want to sign up for a Rush forum, but then that gig happened. So here I am! :LOL: :wub: :D
  • Like 9

How does the name Lorraine relate to Rush? Lorraine is the woman Rush should know but doesn't.

Rush's loss.

TRF's gain!

Forgot to answer the first part. Lorraine is my real name. I thought it silly to take a user name on a forum like this.

I guess being "silly" beats being a "Ninny"..... :D

Very nice thread! I had to chime in having the best user name on this entire forum! Lol!!

2112 in Roman numerals. (Still waiting for the licence plate to arrive in mail ;))

I've never seen 2112 written like this until I noticed page 50 in the CA novel but I was first! :D

• Like 2

I think mine is self-explanatory as to how it relates to Rush. And it is my user name because it's also my license plate.

Why is it my license plate? Well, back in the early 80s I had the plate RUSH X1 for years. Then I fell out of love with Rush and got rid of it. A year or so ago I decided I wanted another Rush plate so I looked up my original one and someone else had taken it! So I tried to think of something that was unmistakably Rush but at the same time would be only obvious to people into the band, and the best I could come up with (that wasn't already taken) was X1YYZ.

That's exactly how I chose my :rush: plate, WHYYZED! :D

• Like 2

Counterparts was the first Rush album I listened to, and Animate was my favourite song on it. I was going to choose the name "Animate" but it was already taken, so I went for "Anima" as it was the concept the song was about anyway.

It's not my favourite album now I've spent more time listening to Rush, but I still like the name so I'll probably stick with it.

• Like 1

Very nice thread! I had to chime in having the best user name on this entire forum! Lol!!

2112 in Roman numerals. (Still waiting for the licence plate to arrive in mail ;))

I've never seen 2112 written like this until I noticed page 50 in the CA novel but I was first! :D

It is said that "you learn something every day". I just did and thanks for that.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Mine is based on lyrics in the chorus of Superconductor, off their 1989 release Presto.
  • Like 2

That's a great plate! I would have gone with that for myself, had I thought of it :D

• Like 1

That's a great plate! I would have gone with that for myself, had I thought of it :D

Yup I think roman numerals will make a classy looking plate plus it sort of pays tribute the classic outsider stigma of Rush because it takes a bit longer to figure out.. Just like Rush ;)