Your Profile Name and how it relates to Rush, if it does...

Thunder Bay Rush

Mine's attributed to King's X, specifically the album "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous" and Dug Pinnick's song "Mr. Hateyourself". It has a lot more to do with Mr. Bulbous though, when I found the Dug Pinnick song it simply reinforced the idea. Mr. Bulbous was my favorite album for a while, and still is in certain aspects. It's not a concept album but it's definitely an album you can view as a whole. A lot about the album is very ambiguous, abstract, and above all weird. I fell in love with not only the image, but the idea of Mr. Bulbous, the cover art... I loved everything about the album and still do. It got me thinking who Mr. Bulbous was and how he was thought up.. Probably just another inside joke of Ty Tabor's... Regardless, it then lead me to wonder, "Well, who am I? Mr. What?" And I figured since I, like I'd expect everyone else, is ever changing, that defining myself by what I am isn't reliable due to plasticity. There's no solid identity to put on myself and it's not even really relevant to begin with in the grand scheme of things. So why bother?

...Isn't it cooler to imagine yourself not as a person or an identity but as information that's a part of something larger? I think it is, but now I'm starting to sound :smoke:

I know it's not on the topic of Rush but I think it's worth sharing anyhow.

Best song I've ever heard! Love the lyrics,Love the composition, Love the violin solo, and the 5/4 time signature is the sh!t!

:codger:

Guess I was wrong...I thought it was about your first time, with a hooker with a heart of gold named Kay.

:). :outtahere:

• Like 2

Hmm well I'm a Basque born in northern Spain than moved to NYC......kinda boring really,but that's it!!!

Posted Today, 01:58 PM

losingit2k, on 23 March 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Best song I've ever heard! Love the lyrics,Love the composition, Love the violin solo, and the 5/4 time signature is the sh!t!

laughedatbytime Posted:

Guess I was wrong...I thought it was about your first time, with a hooker with a heart of gold named Kay.

:). :outtahere:

No that's represented by "the Clap" by Yes.

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Mine's attributed to King's X, specifically the album "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous" and Dug Pinnick's song "Mr. Hateyourself". It has a lot more to do with Mr. Bulbous though, when I found the Dug Pinnick song it simply reinforced the idea. Mr. Bulbous was my favorite album for a while, and still is in certain aspects. It's not a concept album but it's definitely an album you can view as a whole. A lot about the album is very ambiguous, abstract, and above all weird. I fell in love with not only the image, but the idea of Mr. Bulbous, the cover art... I loved everything about the album and still do. It got me thinking who Mr. Bulbous was and how he was thought up.. Probably just another inside joke of Ty Tabor's... Regardless, it then lead me to wonder, "Well, who am I? Mr. What?" And I figured since I, like I'd expect everyone else, is ever changing, that defining myself by what I am isn't reliable due to plasticity. There's no solid identity to put on myself and it's not even really relevant to begin with in the grand scheme of things. So why bother?

...Isn't it cooler to imagine yourself not as a person or an identity but as information that's a part of something larger? I think it is, but now I'm starting to sound :smoke:

I know it's not on the topic of Rush but I think it's worth sharing anyhow.

Now that you mention Kings X, my father is friends with dUg's uncle. Just another random thing.. Haha

• Like 1

Something just occurred to me.. The best name here would be one that has nothing to do with Rush because that's the one thing we can assume we all have in common.. It's better to have one that's different or unique like treefuck or moose or gemini-crisis..

*disclaimer:

All names appearing in the above post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Unless intended for pure sake of bad humor ;)

"Treefuck" - hilarious!

Something just occurred to me.. The best name here would be one that has nothing to do with Rush because that's the one thing we can assume we all have in common.. It's better to have one that's different or unique like treefuck or moose or gemini-crisis..

*disclaimer:

All names appearing in the above post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Unless intended for pure sake of bad humor ;)

"Treefuck" - hilarious!

Just don't read too much into it, only a little harmless play on words lol

I happen to like "GeminiCrisis" better tho for some reason ;)

Not Rush related, but was made up when I signed up for Metallica's original "Jump in the Studio" website.

Metallica....Anthrax, 2 bands I listen to and it actually made a usable name.

Well, I have been a die-hard Rush fan forever (well since 1980 anyway, hey that's a long time ya know?...didn't add the 1980 to the end as I know some of you longer fans would have gone "pfffffff....")

:haz: :rush: :haz:

Might not be the smartest thing to reveal in this day and age but my profile name has zip to do with Rush, however, my first and middle names: Marshall Lee have quite a bit to do with music and Rush. Marshall-as in the amplifier and Lee-as in, you guessed it: the man himself. What can I say? Dad's a fan. According to family legend, he threw around the idea of naming me 2112 before my mother and grandfather intervened.
  • Like 1