Jump to content


The Raw Food Diet

cleaneating vegan detox healthyme

  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27928 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

This all seems like so much work. More power to all who can be so disciplined. Doubt I ever could....

Sponsored Post

#22 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostNarpski, on 16 March 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

This all seems like so much work. More power to all who can be so disciplined. Doubt I ever could....

It's easy once you get it down. You just don't eat things in packages for the most part. You just eat what mother earth has grown for you... with ranch dressing.

(I eat a lot of my veggies with ranch)

Edited by gangsterfurious, 18 March 2014 - 09:40 AM.


#23 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Ugh... I can't eat ranch it has dairy in it! :P

Actually I made something f***ing fantastic for dinner last night that was "mostly raw" all vegan.

http://www.thisrawso...ml#.UyXrNyJ6jSV

Even D-RocK- loved it and wants me to make it again! :D

#24 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.

#25 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

#26 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27928 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Good1 even if nobody else appreciates it.... :laughing guy:

#27 Mara

Mara

    Hindu Goddess of Death

  • Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Marietta, Georgia, USA
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

Don't get too addicted to avocados.  They're expected to be in short supply this year as crappy California weather decimated the avocado crop.  :(  Sucks, because I love them.

#28 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

Don't get too addicted to avocados.  They're expected to be in short supply this year as crappy California weather decimated the avocado crop.  :(  Sucks, because I love them.
I get Haas from Mexico... hopefully they are plentiful down there still otherwise I will be VERY upset :(
I'm OBSESSED with them. I eat them almost daily... very healthy for you.

#29 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Avocados make life worth living.

#30 Mara

Mara

    Hindu Goddess of Death

  • Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Marietta, Georgia, USA
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

Don't get too addicted to avocados.  They're expected to be in short supply this year as crappy California weather decimated the avocado crop.  :(  Sucks, because I love them.
I get Haas from Mexico... hopefully they are plentiful down there still otherwise I will be VERY upset :(
I'm OBSESSED with them. I eat them almost daily... very healthy for you.

Haas are the best, but their prices will increase just on demand if the California ones are hard to find.

It's a good thing avocados are good for you; I will often just eat a whole one all by itself.  Cut it in half, toss the pit, and just scoop out the flesh and eat.  :)  With or without lemon.

#31 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27928 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

Don't get too addicted to avocados.  They're expected to be in short supply this year as crappy California weather decimated the avocado crop.  :(  Sucks, because I love them.
I get Haas from Mexico... hopefully they are plentiful down there still otherwise I will be VERY upset :(
I'm OBSESSED with them. I eat them almost daily... very healthy for you.

Haas are the best, but their prices will increase just on demand if the California ones are hard to find.

It's a good thing avocados are good for you; I will often just eat a whole one all by itself.  Cut it in half, toss the pit, and just scoop out the flesh and eat.  :)  With or without lemon.
Just out of curiosity, if you don't like guacamole (yuck) and you have never even once eaten an avocado, what are the chances of enjoying eating an avocado? :huh:

#32 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostNarpski, on 18 March 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Hmm... does it have gluten in it? A lot of those vegan creamy dressings I've been seeing at the store are loaded with gluten and preservatives which means I can't eat them. :(

I'm going to make a simple dressing with avocado, blood orange, fresh parsley, garlic all in a blender and see how that is on a salad. :)

Don't get too addicted to avocados.  They're expected to be in short supply this year as crappy California weather decimated the avocado crop.  :(  Sucks, because I love them.
I get Haas from Mexico... hopefully they are plentiful down there still otherwise I will be VERY upset :(
I'm OBSESSED with them. I eat them almost daily... very healthy for you.

Haas are the best, but their prices will increase just on demand if the California ones are hard to find.

It's a good thing avocados are good for you; I will often just eat a whole one all by itself.  Cut it in half, toss the pit, and just scoop out the flesh and eat.  :)  With or without lemon.
Just out of curiosity, if you don't like guacamole (yuck) and you have never even once eaten an avocado, what are the chances of enjoying eating an avocado? :huh:
If you dont like guac then I'd say the chances aren't good for you.

I even use avocado as a gentle facial masque for smooth, healthy youthful skin. I have a great recipe if anyone is interested... you can eat everything in the masque! :lol:

Mara I eat raw avocados all the time. I sometimes put a lil Himalayan pink salt on it and just get a spoon and chow down! :D

#33 RushCanuck

RushCanuck

    From Eh to Zed

  • Members *
  • 3976 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostRushchick10, on 16 March 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Not everyone likes it, but I peel fresh ginger (about 1/2 an inch), slice it thin then put it in my warm lemon water.  Ginger has a soothing effect on the digestive tract (as I am sure you're aware) and it also aids in detox.

Thanks for this tip, I've been doing it for about a week and it is helping.

#34 John V

John V

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SC. United States
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I heard that some of these raw diets contain raw meats along with raw vegetables.  I even read that some people are eating raw chicken?

I like raw oysters, but would have to draw the line on raw chicken.

#35 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostJohn V, on 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

I heard that some of these raw diets contain raw meats along with raw vegetables.  I even read that some people are eating raw chicken?

I like raw oysters, but would have to draw the line on raw chicken.

I haven't been eating raw meat because Im TERRIFIED of food poisoning. I have been eating raw fish as in sushi but not every day.
Also my raw cleanse is now over and here's what I've discovered.

Gluten is no longer part of my daily diet
Fish is ok for my body to digest
Dairy is still a problem (no surprise there)
Eggs are out of my daily diet
I need the extra influx of hemp, chia seeds and sprouts to digest fully
Most of my veggies will still be consumed raw from here on out
I need to be VERY VERY careful when eating out about additives, dairy, gluten or certain oils (which sucks)
I prefer to make my own food at home (I know what's in there)
Sugar is still not part of my diet

Going to keep this up for a bit and see if it helps the absorption any more, I think it has already.

#36 Lady April

Lady April

    Lady of the Lake

  • Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Seattle Rock City
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

    Not of interest: Chodes!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostNarpski, on 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 18 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Follow Your Heart makes Vegan ranch and thousand island and they are really good. I buy them at Whole Paycheck Foods.
Good1 even if nobody else appreciates it.... :laughing guy:

Totally got it, totally appreciate it, that was too cute! :syrinx:   :coy:

#37 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thanks a lot!!

Due to this thread, I got salmonella!!

#38 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 30 March 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Thanks a lot!!

Due to this thread, I got salmonella!!

You should learn to wash your veggies and dont eat meat that has chemicals, hormones and antibiotics injected into it... grass fed only.
Also if you're eating raw meat then you takes your chances... even I dont do that.

#39 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 31 March 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 30 March 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Thanks a lot!!

Due to this thread, I got salmonella!!

You should learn to wash your veggies and dont eat meat that has chemicals, hormones and antibiotics injected into it... grass fed only.
Also if you're eating raw meat then you takes your chances... even I dont do that.
I was joking - implying I was eating raw meat.

#40 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostJohn V, on 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

I heard that some of these raw diets contain raw meats along with raw vegetables.  I even read that some people are eating raw chicken?

I like raw oysters, but would have to draw the line on raw chicken.

I just nearly threw up in my mouth.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleaneating, vegan, detox, healthyme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users