Favorite Song On Clockwork Angels

forcetenrushtribute

Favorite Song On Clockwork Angels  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on Clockwork Angels?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

Despite all of the Garden-haters, my favourite song on the album is "The Garden." I'd never been moved to tears by a Rush song before, but The Garden is just soooo simultaneously beautiful and heartachey. :)

Another ninny. This makes 11 of us.

Headlong Flight. That last line: "Oh, I wish that I could LIVE IT ALL AGAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!" never fails to send shivers down my spine. Not to mention I'm a bassist and the bass line is really cool.

By the way, I'm surprised Carnies hasn't gotten any love. That's in my top three.

Love the way the music supports the story in Carnies(and the pyro live)

By the way, I'm surprised Carnies hasn't gotten any love. That's in my top three.

Favorite song, singular. I agree it's one of the stronger tracks, with the use of the sheep effect and the strangiato-like arpeggio...Nice playing by Alex.

Well, I am one who loves Carnies, that song just rocks it for me and yeah the pyro stuff on the tour was fantastic!! :fury:

I don't recall any sheep sounds?? Are you thinking of the little kids cheering at the beginning? I thought it was cool 'cause you can hear the carousel music while the little kids cheer.....I think it has a driving beat and it gets me amped for sure :haz:

I love Headlong Flight too, I bought the single before CA came out and played it over and over. Caravan and the title track are fabulous too.

I don't get why everyone thinks it is so dark and depressing, it is a concept album and the songs fit together right? And unlike the other concept album (cough 2112) no one commits suicide at the end. I guess the story just clicked for me since it was very steampunkish and I love that genre.

To me there aren't many bands that could have put that album together early in their careers, let alone after almost 39...Rush totally blew it out of the park, I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to it... :rush: :Neil: :Alex: :geddy: Yeah!!

Edited by Rhyta

...why is it when I made this thread half a year earlier almost no one responded...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/85264-best-song-from-clockwork-angels/

Voted for Halo Effect. Its where the album takes off for me. The songs prior to it do nothing for me. Really like Halo Effect and after it you just get one strong song after another.

Could have easily voted for HF, The Garden, The Wreckers, 7 Cities of Gold or Wish Them Well. All good songs but something about Halo Effect really appeals to me.

Great I found this thread again! Can someone (a mod maybe) possibly fuse this thread with the corresponding thread in Totem Polls since they're essentially the same and because more votes = better accuracy? I'm still amazed this thread had more replies than the first one has ever had.

Headlong FLight is the new Freewill, it just rocks!

I was meh about Carnies until I heard it live, and then I was hooked, along the same way I was with Far Cry. Both are just awesome live. Carnies live has so much more energy.

I know i'm going to get abused for this, but I am really convinced a good half the people on this forum who just swoon over the Garden do so trying to suck up to the band, since they have come out and said that is their favorite song.

Yeah, bring it :laughing guy:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cretin4.gif

I am really convinced a good half the people on this forum who just swoon over the Garden do so trying to suck up to the band, since they have come out and said that is their favorite song.

I'll just leave this here

Those were the growing years. I often equate that to children's drawings on the refrigerator that hang around too long, you know? I really wish they would just go away. I think we really started....wow, given my druthers, I would make our first album "Moving Pictures." I can't think of a single reason not to do that!

My Clockwork Angels. Ranking

Carnies

Halo Effect

The Garden

Headlong Fight

BU2B

The Anarchist

Caravan

The Wreckers

Wish Them Well

Seven Cities of Gold

Clockwork Angels

BU2B2

• Like 1

I said Wreckers, because I think it's the most effectively crafted song.

My personal fav might be HF or BU2B. I liked the single version of BU2B better, without the tremelo guitar intro, but the mastering of it sucked.

Edited by 1950

Went for The Garden.

Why does this song get so much flack around here? Replaying it has reawakened my love for this melodically gorgeous lyrical masterwork.

Went for The Garden.

Why does this song get so much flack around here? Replaying it has reawakened my love for this melodically gorgeous lyrical masterwork.

Because it's booooorrrriiinnnnggg....

• Like 2

Went for The Garden.

Because it's booooorrrriiinnnnggg....

It's beeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuutttttttiiiiiiifffffffuuuuuullllll!!!!!!!!

• Like 3