Seahawks 2014-2015 season (and beyond) official thread!

Tom Sawyer

This team will contend for championships the next 10+ years. Deal with it haters.

I've seen a team that would have beat them into the ground that didn't make it for ten years.

Yeah, but Jerry Jones ain't movin' to Seattle.

Still, no one in the modern NFL will contend for championships the next 10+ years. Unless they have a really good video department.

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe what a hub-bub Denver area fans have been making a bout a "preseason" win against the Hawks - I guess you take whatever comes your way after you were spanked in front of everyone in the biggest game of the year.

Freeney furious at Seahawks’ Zach Miller

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 19, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/freeney.jpg?w=250

Chargers outside linebacker Dwight Freeney is not happy with Seahawks tight end Zach Miller, who hit San Diego’s Sean Lissemore with a block that Freeney described as illegal.

Freeney said that Miller took a cheap shot at Lissemore’s lower leg. Although Miller wasn’t penalized on the play, Freeney said he should have been.

“It looked very, very illegal to me,” Freeney said, via U-T San Diego. “Now, are they going to see everything? No. Should they catch that? Absolutely. Should that guy get a fine? Yes. Did he? Who knows.”

The NFL has not yet disclosed whether Miller was fined, but Freeney wants the league to crack down on low blocks. Instead, Freeney says the league’s emphasis on player safety just protects the players he calls the “moneymakers.”

“I’m running and I’ve got a big man on me here, high, and I’ve got to make a tackle – and then all of sudden a guy comes from behind me and clips my knees. How is that OK?” he said. “Everybody’s so concerned with player safety these days. There’s all these rules up protecting receivers, quarterbacks, kickers, punters.”

It’s a common refrain from defensive players, and it’s often completely correct: The NFL doesn’t protect defensive players the way it protects quarterbacks.

Edited by treeduck

The NFL has stripped the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks of two days of minicamp practice next year as punishment for violations of the collectively bargained rules on contact in offseason practices, league spokesman Greg Aiello told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday.

The team and coach Pete Carroll were also fined for the violation, which occurred during their June minicamp, a person with knowledge of the decision of the decision said, adding that the team was considered a repeat offender over multiple years.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the league did not confirm the fine, first reported by ESPN, which said the Seahawks and Carroll were collectively docked more than $300,000.

"(Seattle) will forfeit its first two days of on-field double practices during its 2015 mandatory minicamp for veteran players and will be permitted a single 2½-hour on-field practice session on the final day of its minicamp," Aiello told USA TODAY Sports by e-mail.

"Seahawks players will be paid for the cancelled practice sessions. The violation was for permitting the club's players to engage in excessive levels of on-field physical contact during the team's 2014 mandatory minicamp for veteran players."

The Seahawks were also fined and lost two OTA practices for a violation of contact rules in 2012.

The latest infraction came to light because of publicly available video of the incident, the person with knowledge of the decision said.

Neither the person nor the league said on which day(s) the violation was considered to have occurred. ESPN reported it was June 16. On June 18, cornerback Richard Sherman and receiver Phil Bates got into a fight that was caught by local TV cameras.

At the NFL Players Association's annual meetings in March, the union adopted a zero-tolerance policy toward violations of CBA contact rules, meaning it would pursue discipline in concert with the league even if the team's union representative didn't want to.

NFLPA president Eric Winston is a member of the Seahawks, but he didn't sign until July 29.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/08/26/pete-carroll-fine-cba-seattle-minicamp/14646221/

Aw! I have to wait til 19th of October before there's a 6:00pm (British time) game!! :o

There will be some 9:00 and 9:25 but I won't be able to watch the whole thing because they finish past my bedtime and I'll be up at 6 for work!

:( :boohoo:

Philip Rivers plans to throw in Richard Sherman’s direction

http://profootballta...mans-direction/

http://i59.tinypic.com/2e3aiw7.jpg

What happened to you guys? I haven't seen any footage of the game. Were the Seahags just stale?

They just wore em down. Made plays on third down and kept the D on the field all game. It was about 100 degrees there and they were on the field for about 36 minutes. They also challenged Sherman and were successful when they did so.

What happened to you guys? I haven't seen any footage of the game. Were the Seahags just stale?

They just wore em down. Made plays on third down and kept the D on the field all game. It was about 100 degrees there and they were on the field for about 36 minutes. They also challenged Sherman and were successful when they did so.

Keenan Allen matched up well against him (I didn't see the whole game though).