Autism

GhostGirl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_2far.gif

It's so wrong that these "educated" and "informed" doctors, scientists and governing bodies actually perceive mercury as little to no threat to the health of a human being. Specifically an infant who is still developing their immune system.

To remove it from animal vaccines but not our own is ludicrous.

And to expose our own children to 118 times the EPA's limit for daily exposure...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_2far.gif

I wonder sometimes about the progress our species has made, that these decision makers feel that these obvious facts are not relevant and continue to obfuscate their role in this.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 20 2005, 09:02 AM)
Are there no alternatives to using thimerosal? Is this the ONLY effective preservative?

No, it's not the only available one. Of course, the need for preservatives would almost disappear if single-dose vials were used across the board.

I found out recently that a new preservative has been introduced.

Formaldehyde. mad.gif

This stuff is so toxic, I didn't even use it in anatomy and physiology labs in college...

I don't have a link about this yet, but I'll get one.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:51 AM)
Even IF someone proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that somehow thimerosal isn't to blame (but the evidence is almost overwhelming to the contrary)...doesn't it just seem like a bad idea to put something containing mercury into our bodies ON PURPOSE? confused13.gif

Every so often we pick up the paper or turn on the news and we see warnings to avoid eating certain types of fish, because the mercury levels are higher than normal. We get these warnings even though they tell us that we'd have to eat this contaminated fish three times a day every day for a month to put ourselves at risk. But then they consiously put Thimerosal (which is half mercury) into vaccines and injected them into newborn babies. Nice priorities we have. Don't eat the tuna, but let's put over 100x the safe amount of mercury into our children to save ten cents on vaccine packinging.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 20 2005, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:51 AM)
Even IF someone proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that somehow thimerosal isn't to blame (but the evidence is almost overwhelming to the contrary)...doesn't it just seem like a bad idea to put something containing mercury into our bodies ON PURPOSE?  confused13.gif

Every so often we pick up the paper or turn on the news and we see warnings to avoid eating certain types of fish, because the mercury levels are higher than normal. We get these warnings even though they tell us that we'd have to eat this contaminated fish three times a day every day for a month to put ourselves at risk. But then they consiously put Thimerosal (which is half mercury) into vaccines and injected them into newborn babies. Nice priorities we have. Don't eat the tuna, but let's put over 100x the safe amount of mercury into our children to save ten cents on vaccine packinging.

Exactly.

I'm saddened to hear about this, GG. I would have said something earlier but I couldn't think of something to say.

sad.gif

As I was reading this thread an ad came on the radio telling people not to throw there mercuy thermometers away because mercury is one of the most toxic substance on the planet. So,we don't want to poison our soil but we put it babies,I remember when my son was born in the early 90's my then wife mention something about mercury have looked into vacines while she was carrying batman jr I paid no attenion saying that there is noway the doctors would put anything bad in something going into a child. I guess I was wrong and I am glad she stayed on point.

I really truly feel for you and rolinda and your families and am thinking of you all everyday.

My bestfreinds wife is with child and I will be sure to pass all these links on to them both.

Thank you for sharing this.

rose.gif

Thank you all, for your comments and your caring attitudes. It means more than you know to read these things and know that people care.

I hope this is the beginning of the end of this kind of negligence.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 20 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 20 2005, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:09 AM)

Formaldehyde.  mad.gif

Oh, for God's sake....

WHAT???? ohmy.gif

Yep. Good for preserving dead bodies.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 20 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 20 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 20 2005, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:09 AM)

Formaldehyde.  mad.gif

Oh, for God's sake....

WHAT???? ohmy.gif

Yep. Good for preserving dead bodies.

From a vaccine information site (this comes directly from the package inserts called "vaccine data sheets") - this is a blurb from the injectible polio vaccine sheet:

Composition

Active.

Inactivated poliomyelitis vaccine is a sterile suspension of three strains of poliovirus: type l (Mahoney), type 2 (MEFI) and type 3 (Saukett). The viruses are grown in cultures of VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells, by the microcarrier technique. The viruses are concentrated, purified and made noninfectious by inactivation with formaldehyde. Each sterile immunising dose (0.5 mL) of trivalent vaccine is formulated to contain antigen type 1 40 D units, antigen type 2 8 D units, and antigen type 3 32 D units.

Inactive.

Formaldehyde 0.02% (maximum) as preservative; traces of neomycin, streptomycin and polymyxin B used in vaccine production may be present

Okay, argument will be made that the formaldehyde inactivates the virus...point taken. But, surely it's worth an effort to investigate other means of doing so? I'm not sure how feasible that is...but damn, it's just as disturbing to think of formaldehyde being injected into babies...

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:20 AM)
Interesting article from Canadian perspective:

Childhood vaccines safe, Canadian health officials say

According to the agency, all routine childhood vaccines with the exception of some hepatitis B vaccines are thimerosal-free. Some flu shots also contain this ingredient, but manufacturers are working on a thimerosal-free formulation for the 2005-2006 flu season.

In any case, because thimerosal is not in most of the vaccines used here, a document from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization says, "the amount of mercury exposure through vaccines in Canadian children, even in jurisdictions where there is a routine hepatitis B infant immunization program, is well below even the most conservatively acceptable and tolerable limits."

Like I'm going to believe that there are safe levels in it. sarcasm.gif

Both my boys had routine Hep B shots. Multiple times.

Anything that is not natural and introduced to our bodies has got to be viewed with some suspicion.

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 20 2005, 09:27 AM)
As I was reading this thread an ad came on the radio telling people not to throw there mercuy thermometers away because mercury is one of the most toxic substance on the planet. So,we don't want to poison our soil but we put it babies,I remember when my son was born in the early 90's my then wife mention something about mercury have looked into vacines while she was carrying batman jr I paid no attenion saying that there is noway the doctors would put anything bad in something going into a child. I guess I was wrong and I am glad she stayed on point.

I really truly feel for you and rolinda and your families and am thinking of you all everyday.

My bestfreinds wife is with child and I will be sure to pass all these links on to them both.
rose.gif

yeah, my wife and i are wanting to have a baby sometime in the nearish future, and you can bet i'm going to thoroughly investigate this and what else goes into vaccines when we do...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2005, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 20 2005, 09:27 AM)

rose.gif

yeah, my wife and i are wanting to have a baby sometime in the nearish future, and you can bet i'm going to thoroughly investigate this and what else goes into vaccines when we do...

I am SO glad to see that you guys are planning ahead and thinking about this. Does my heart good. smile.gif

Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any other questions.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 20 2005, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2005, 09:20 AM)
Interesting article from Canadian perspective:

Childhood vaccines safe, Canadian health officials say

According to the agency, all routine childhood vaccines with the exception of some hepatitis B vaccines are thimerosal-free. Some flu shots also contain this ingredient, but manufacturers are working on a thimerosal-free formulation for the 2005-2006 flu season.

In any case, because thimerosal is not in most of the vaccines used here, a document from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization says, "the amount of mercury exposure through vaccines in Canadian children, even in jurisdictions where there is a routine hepatitis B infant immunization program, is well below even the most conservatively acceptable and tolerable limits."

Like I'm going to believe that there are safe levels in it. sarcasm.gif

Both my boys had routine Hep B shots. Multiple times.

Anything that is not natural and introduced to our bodies has got to be viewed with some suspicion.

I couldn't agree more.

Between two nurses and myself, we managed to get about 6 pints (well, it SEEMED like that much) of blood out of my baby boy's arm this morning...it was difficult, but it had to be done to move us along the path toward recovery. We got the kits for the heavy metal toxicity test (for his baby hair and a current sample) so those will go off next week.

It feels unbelievably good simply to be taking action.

Thanks for reading. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 26 2005, 11:02 AM)
GG heart.gif
I wish I were there to give you and your boy-boy a huge hug. I'm thinking about all of you. smile.gif

Luckily I'm good at receiving cyber-hugs, so yours came in perfectly. smile.gif Thanks, Stace. heart.gif

'Gene test' for autism in sight

Scientists who have discovered a gene linked to autism believe they can use the new knowledge to work out an individual's risk of the condition.

The French team from IntegraGen SA hope to have a working risk assessment test on the market by the end of 2006.

The gene sits on chromosome 16 and holds the DNA code for a protein that plays a central role in brain function.

Experts said the Molecular Psychiatry study was promising but that it was premature to talk about an autism test.

For their study, the French authors looked at 116 families where at least one member had autism.

By analysing the DNA from these individuals they found a region on chromosome 16 - PRKCB1 - appeared to be linked with autism.

PRKCB1 is expressed in granule cells in the cerebellum of the brain. Its associated protein is involved in transmitting signals from the granule cells to the Purkinje cells. Both these cells help relay messages in and out of the brain.

Researchers have already found a decreased number of both granule and Purkinje cells in the brains of people with autism.

Rest of Article

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 26 2005, 11:11 AM)
'Gene test' for autism in sight

Scientists who have discovered a gene linked to autism believe they can use the new knowledge to work out an individual's risk of the condition.

The French team from IntegraGen SA hope to have a working risk assessment test on the market by the end of 2006.

The gene sits on chromosome 16 and holds the DNA code for a protein that plays a central role in brain function.

Experts said the Molecular Psychiatry study was promising but that it was premature to talk about an autism test.

For their study, the French authors looked at 116 families where at least one member had autism.

By analysing the DNA from these individuals they found a region on chromosome 16 - PRKCB1 - appeared to be linked with autism.

PRKCB1 is expressed in granule cells in the cerebellum of the brain. Its associated protein is involved in transmitting signals from the granule cells to the Purkinje cells. Both these cells help relay messages in and out of the brain.

Researchers have already found a decreased number of both granule and Purkinje cells in the brains of people with autism.

Rest of Article

I heard a LOT about this at a meeting recently...it's very promising.

It looks like the protein ("The gene sits on chromosome 16 and holds the DNA code for a protein that plays a central role in brain function.") may play a role in ridding the brain of toxins...so if that protein doesn't form or function properly...then the brain just doesn't work right, to put it simply.

Thanks for posting this, Drumnut!

Just when I thought things were looking up...

I got a call from the doctor we've been seeing. She was giving me some test results (nothing earthshattering yet) and when I said, "Okay, then, we're ready to move on to the DMSA challenge," she hesitated, and said that since she'd moved to our area, her new "employer" (other doctors in her practice, some sort of supervisor, I don't know) has informed her that she is not to pursue these "alternative" treatments. She gave me the name of a doctor in TENNESSEE, which doesn't help me a whole hell of a lot.

I'll figure this out, but right now I am hurt and angry and would like to MURDER the people who allowed my child to be injected with mercury.