The Official QUADROPHENIA Thread

Lorraine

Townshend is beyond a genius. I love the guy!

I saw Pete at The Fillmore in San Francisco. The show sold out in 5 minutes. I was able to score 2 tix.

They oversold the joint. It was packed like a sardine can and was hot and sweaty.

Alas back then I was young and I took my then girlfriend "Who" later became my wife.

It was just Pete, a keyboard player and his "phone book" of lyrics.

it was an intimate night with Pete and it blew my fuckking socks off. I actually have the official bootleg from Eel Pie Records. It's Epic!

I'm still trying to comprehend that I took my parents a few years ago to see The Who at South Lake Tahoe.

It was so surreal seeing them up there.

Roger was tripping out about the hotels and then the mountains and the lake.

Pete was in a very bad mood. He hated the cold weather and it kept making his guitars go out of tune.

Pete said that they will never play in Tahoe again. He then said that they may never play in America again.

Crazy how my first concert in my life was The Who. 1982.

Then in 2017, I took my parents to the last possible Who show in the States.

I hope not.

I'm selfishly praying for another Pete Townshend solo album with Simon Phillips!!!

Signed,

"GIVE BLOOD"

Townshend is a genius. Listen to 20:29 - Anymore! WOW!

• Like 2

Townshend is beyond a genius. I love the guy!

I saw Pete at The Fillmore in San Francisco. The show sold out in 5 minutes. I was able to score 2 tix.

They oversold the joint. It was packed like a sardine can and was hot and sweaty.

Alas back then I was young and I took my then girlfriend "Who" later became my wife.

It was just Pete, a keyboard player and his "phone book" of lyrics.

it was an intimate night with Pete and it blew my fuckking socks off. I actually have the official bootleg from Eel Pie Records. It's Epic!

I'm still trying to comprehend that I took my parents a few years ago to see The Who at South Lake Tahoe.

It was so surreal seeing them up there.

Roger was tripping out about the hotels and then the mountains and the lake.

Pete was in a very bad mood. He hated the cold weather and it kept making his guitars go out of tune.

Pete said that they will never play in Tahoe again. He then said that they may never play in America again.

Crazy how my first concert in my life was The Who. 1982.

I hope not.

I'm selfishly praying for another Pete Townshend solo album with Simon Phillips!!!

Signed,

"GIVE BLOOD"

Townshend is a genius. Listen to 20:29 - Anymore! WOW!

Haha! Hell yes my brother!!! BOOM!!!! Pure Genius!!!

Love,

"Psychoderlict"

• Like 1

Quadrophenia is my favorite album of all-time. Actually, it's my favorite work of art of all-time.

Were you around when it came out or is it an album you discovered at some point in your life?

I discovered Quadrophenia in 1993.

I saw them on the last leg of their Quadrophenia tour at their very last show at MSG.

Lucky you! I saw them play Quadrophenia at MSG in 1996. I also saw them two more times on the '96/'97 Quad tour and four more times on the '12/'13 Quad tour, including at MSG. I've seen them 21 times total, but that 1996 MSG show was my first.

• Like 2

I hope not.

They're touring the States this year with a full orchestra!

• Like 2

I hope not.

They're touring the States this year with a full orchestra!

Plus a new album is in the pipeline.

• Like 2

The truth is that when it comes to Quadrophenia, I find the English language inadequate in words to describe it. I open my mouth to say something and search in vain for a word that adequately describes the album for me.

Even after all of these decades.

I hear it better today than when it came out because I know more about music, thanks to this forum. I listen to music differently than I used to because I'm more aware of things.

TRF fine-tuned my musical ear! :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Holy Shit Lorraine!

I should have been in bed an hour ago. I put in the movie "Quadrophenia" on Criterion blu-ray. The movie is EPIC! Gets me every time.

One of the greatest movies ever made.

Like the "Tommy" movie. Another epic masterpiece movie.

Any"Who" I just bought four tickets to see THE WHO at the new CHASE CENTER in San Francisco!

I had to pull the trigger.

I'm RUSH first, but THE WHO was my first show in my life in 1982 at age 14.

The Who is just IT for me too. I'm a Pete Townshend Freak!

My buddy was going to get me into the UFO Armored Saint show in San Francisco for free, but it's also on October 9th.

I have to see THE WHO! It will be my 5th and final time. It's called the "MOVING ON" TOUR.

I'm going down in flames with the bands I grew up with.

Like Jim says in Quadrophenia

FUKK IT!

You girls may think guys are jerks and screw up your minds?

Well, women destroy men too.

FUKK IT!

I will NEVER marry again.

Good luck to the current generation.

I will stick to "MY GENERATION!!!"

YYZOOT SUIT FOOLS!

• Like 1

Listening now in preparation to see The Who with Dad next week. Has to be my favorite Who album, because it might be my 2nd favorite album ever. It's up there with Queen II, AFTK, Foxtrot, The Resistance, Animals, Ziggy Stardust, all the best records...and to be honest it's definitely better than a few of the ones I just mentioned.
  • Like 2

Listening now in preparation to see The Who with Dad next week. Has to be my favorite Who album, because it might be my 2nd favorite album ever. It's up there with Queen II, AFTK, Foxtrot, The Resistance, Animals, Ziggy Stardust, all the best records...and to be honest it's definitely better than a few of the ones I just mentioned.

I agree!!

• Like 1

It's a masterpiece.

• Like 3

It's a masterpiece.

absolutely!

I agree with what you said earlier in this thread that words aren't sufficient enough to describe it.

• Like 2

Calling all Mods & Rockers...

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/360296/13934696/1314812452403/M_TheWhoQuadrophenia_0831111.jpg?token=t1Uajy2PAhHWAVHrj8CjjNdxz1w%3D

QUADROPHENIA

Tomorrow.

Care to join me?

w73.jpg

• Like 5

I lost my ticket stub from this show but I still have my badge/pin.

The Who at The Spectrum, Philly 1973. Slept out overnight at the box office to get good seats. Freshman year of college and I most likely didn't make it classes the next day. We were on the floor, in the middle. Loud as hell.

35584678541_4d73e2585f_m.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2