The Official QUADROPHENIA Thread

Lorraine

Just finished listening to the album.

:goodone: There really is something special about this album...I can't tell just you just how many times I've listened over the past 40 plus years...a musical constant in my life, that is certain.
  • Like 2

I need to rip this to my computer again and get it on my phone so I can listen to it in the car. That's how I listen to most of my music nowadays. Edited by EagleMoon

I think it's the only album I have that I would never think of listening to the songs randomly. It is either listened to completely or not at all.

It's actually something I do with every concept album.

I think it's the only album I have that I would never think of listening to the songs randomly. It is either listened to completely or not at all.

It's actually something I do with every concept album.

I know that it is what is called a "concept album," but to me, it is much more than that. I personalized it from the first moment I heard it, and it is even more personal today than ever because now it has part of my history attached to it.

I got Quadrophenia on vinyl for 8 bucks last weekend. Mega score. Honestly one of my favorite albums. It never disappoints, I almost always hear something new, it almost always sends me right away to some magical distant ocean or beach before exploding into view, I mean I'm frankly taken away by just staring at the album cover. You wouldn't think a colorless album cover would be very appealing, but the whole album makes perfect sense with its misty, greyscale, mysterious gatefold cover. ANATO by Queen will plobabry always be my number one favorite album, but Quadrophenia will always remain a serious contender for number 2 (until I decide on one).
  • Like 1

wow I finally listened to the Philadelphia show. Awesome! They don't make bands like that anymore! It went straight into an HD video of the 1970 Isle of Wight show. After hearing and seeing both of these shows, I will state that Keith Moon is the greatest rock drummer ever - bar none!!!
  • Like 1

Haven't watched this yet, but am posting it here in case anyone else is interested in doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bv6bCr4K7z8

I was at that show. Slept out at the Spectrum box office to buy tickets so we were right up front. I remember it was LOUD.

• Like 1

I have read a few biographies of Keith Lorraine. Quite a complex individual! The Who were so damn good back then!

That they were. I wish I had appreciated them more back then. I never realized just how good they were, and I think that is because The Who was one of many phenomenal bands back in the day.

Yes imagine the Beatles, Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin - do I need to go on? What an era of music. May never see that again?

I agree with you, but every time one of us says that on here, the younger members get mad. Sometimes I think they're just jealous they missed out. ;)

• Like 2

Yes imagine the Beatles, Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin - do I need to go on? What an era of music. May never see that again?

I agree with you, but every time one of us says that on here, the younger members get mad. Sometimes I think they're just jealous they missed out. ;)

Again, as I've said before... :codger: The late 60's and early-mid 70's there was so much music being released it was difficult to keep up. In high school I'd come home and put on an album, not the TV.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Again, as I've said before... :codger: The late 60's and early-mid 70's there was so much music being released it was difficult to keep up. In high school I'd come home and put on an album, not the TV.

Me too. When I think back now, I must have driven everyone absolutely crazy with my music. And me singing along all the time.

Before Walkmans, how I used to hate to leave the house in the morning to go to school, and then later work, because I hated to leave my music behind.

It really was my life back then.

• Like 1

Me too. When I think back now, I must have driven everyone absolutely crazy with my music. And me singing along all the time.

Before Walkmans, how I used to hate to leave the house in the morning to go to school, and then later work, because I hated to leave my music behind.

It really was my life back then.

In high school, I played Live at Leeds non-stop for weeks. One afternoon my parents asked me if I could put on a different album. :blush:

• Like 2