What is your current favourite song?

x1yyz

Steely Dan - Do It Again

Foghat - Slow Ride

Friends of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass

^This has to be the happiest sounding song ever.

Black Flag - TV Party

Peter Gabriel - I Have The Touch

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

Takes me back to junior high.

Edited by invisible airwave

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden- it is ON. I now start every walk I take with this song, and pace myself to it. It kicks ass!!!!
  • Like 2

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden- it is ON. I now start every walk I take with this song, and pace myself to it. It kicks ass!!!!

Oh YES! Such a great song. Definitely my fave from them.

And now it's going through my head. "And the music plays on as the bride passes by, caught in his spell and the Mariner tells his tale...."

I just learned of the band Nightwish yesterday. I've only heard one album of theirs so far (Imaginaerum, which is okay), but I absolutely love this song! (I don't usually like female vocalists either, so go figure.)

http://youtu.be/5g8ykQLYnX0

Plus, it's a cool video.

Edited by x1yyz

I just learned of the band Nightwish yesterday. I've only heard one album of theirs so far (Imaginaerum, which is okay), but I absolutely love this song! (I don't usually like female vocalists either, so go figure.)

http://youtu.be/5g8ykQLYnX0

Plus, it's a cool video.

Nightwish are one of my favourite bands. Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum are two of my favourite albums!

• Like 1

Red Barchetta - I forgot the name of the band that does it. Some obscure Canadian group.

I think I know the song. I listened to it on the way to work this morning while driving a red Italian car. Unfortunately it's not a Ferrari 166MM (if I owned one of those I wouldn't need to work).

I've always liked this song but lately it's really hooked me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPf83YGdvjc

Why does it have to be about a Ferrari? It's actually a fictional car..

No, the song uses a fictional setting/story which features a car which is of a make and model that really exists. The Ferrari 166MM was dubbed "Barchetta" by the press because it resembles a small boat (since then "Barchetta" became a more general term, thus there ha been as well a Fiat Barchetta, and Alfa Barchetta, etc). Neil Peart has stated in several interviews that the titular car of Red Barchetta is his favorite car, the "car of his dreams," the Ferrari 166MM "Barchetta."

If you want to pretend its a make-believe car, or is really about Honda Prelude, knock yourself out. I think Neil's idea is better though.