RushCon14 Announced!!

Distant Signals

Crap! Between moving from one state to another and all the stuff that's been going on I kind of forgot about this. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a passport?

If my memory serves it took about 3 weeks from the time I submitted my application until the passport arrived.

One thing to consider.. if you live in a boarder state and if you plan on driving to Canada you can get an Enhanced Drivers License instead of a passport. Much cheaper and works just as well but it's only for boarder land crossings (you cannot fly in/out with it)

ETA: looks like a new passport now costs $110 +$25 (fees)

Edited by Snaked

If my memory serves it took about 3 weeks from the time I submitted my application until the passport arrived.

One thing to consider.. if you live in a boarder state and if you plan on driving to Canada you can get an Enhanced Drivers License instead of a passport. Much cheaper and works just as well but it's only for boarder land crossings (you cannot fly in/out with it)

ETA: looks like a new passport now costs $110 +$25 (fees)

I guess PA doesn't count as a border state since even though the NW corner of it's on Lake Erie. Can't really drive across the lake. :LOL: Thanks for the info.

Crap! Between moving from one state to another and all the stuff that's been going on I kind of forgot about this. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a passport?

Mine took almost exactly 30 days it took me 3 try's just to get in to sign up. Grand total $151.60. Where I screwed up was the picture $15.00. I tried to take a picture following the guidelines on the website but it was not good enough. So I had to

pay $15.00 for the picture. Plus the guy that helped me was not very nice!!!! Now I know you can go to lots of places that do your passport photo, like Walgreens etc. Live and learn I guess.

• Like 1

Last wed I was in a MTB accident and separated my left shoulder. I should be ok to travel etc in 3 weeks. Guess I will have to man up!!! Whats a little pain anyway?

Anyone else excited?????

I'm excited to hear stories and see pictures. I was planning on going but some things came up. :( I'm still jazzed to hear some experiences though. Have a great time to all those going!

Ok I have a silly ???. I have never travelled outside USA and was wondering about the currency situation. Do I need to get

Canadian $$$ or just bring USA $$$

Some will take your US money and some may not. Better changes your currency before, as we speak, today 1 US$=1.08 CAN$

Ok I have a silly ???. I have never travelled outside USA and was wondering about the currency situation. Do I need to get

Canadian $$$ or just bring USA $$$

Some will take your US money and some may not. Better changes your currency before, as we speak, today 1 US$=1.08 CAN$

The easiest way to do so is at an ATM. No need to go to a bank or a currency exchange place.