2015: Going Out On Top

upstateNYfan

Rush has been part of my life for so long I can't imagine them not making new music and touring. But, alas, we all only have so much time.

Will they tour in 2015?

My gut says they will.

2015 would give them 40 full years together and they could still play like animals and go out on top. After 2015, perhaps they cold work/tour only if and when they "felt like it", which would almost certainly be for very limited engagements, at best.

This year of rest will reboost demand, refresh their batteries and give perspective for one last blast to the Hemispheres.

Edited by upstateNYfan
  • Like 1

Alex was interviewed on the rolling stone, and he said that they recently had a meeting and were talking about taking a year off. He says that the other people at the meeting must not of heard them because they are scheduling a tour for 2015.

hope they play some reel f*ckin cock shit. none of the bullshit like yyz

Them be fightin' words buddy, even though I'll take pity on you because you sound drunk.

• Like 1

Them be fightin' words buddy, even though I'll take pity on you because you sound drunk.

im tooo damn old t2 drink. ive been out in the fiiled all day workin. dirt work.

you wannna fight? cum down to heavene roklehoma

YYZ is my favorite song. Therefore, you must be destroyed.

;)

• Like 2

Rush has been part of my life for so long I can't imagine them not making new music and touring. But, alas, we all only have so much time.

Will they tour in 2015?

My gut says they will.

2015 would give them 40 full years together and they could still play like animals and go out on top. After 2015, perhaps they cold work/tour only if and when they "felt like it", which would almost certainly be for very limited engagements, at best.

This year of rest will reboost demand, refresh their batteries and give perspective for one last blast to the Hemispheres.

Good call!

I still think they have 3 tours in them. 2015 Anniversary, new album tour, then the farewell tour in 2018.

I don't want to even think about a "farewell tour"! :scared:

I still think they have 3 tours in them. 2015 Anniversary, new album tour, then the farewell tour in 2018.

Heheheh, that's pretty optimistic! 2015 is definite and preliminarily in the works. After that, we'll see how Neil feels. Myself, as well as some others, would feel lucky to see a 2nd tour, and outright shocked to see a 3rd.

Heheheh, that's pretty optimistic! 2015 is definite and preliminarily in the works. After that, we'll see how Neil feels. Myself, as well as some others, would feel lucky to see a 2nd tour, and outright shocked to see a 3rd.

Thus spoke Zarathrustra

• Like 1

What surprised me was this: "It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

I think they should call it the WTF Tour. :LOL:

• Like 2

I don't want to even think about a "farewell tour"! :scared:

I don't either but its a reality that stalks our near future. I've just accepted it.

One can still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tHsSgHo70

Edited by losingit2k