My Mom Has Cancer. Again.

Alsgalpal

Growing up, my mom has fought and battled cancer and kicked its ass.

She was pregnant with my baby brother when she had premature labor at 6 months and he died. They did discovery work on her to find out why she went into spontaneous labor like that, and found cancer all through out her reproductive tract.

He had a complete hysterectomy and removal of her ovaries at the age of 22. I was 5 years old. I remember how sick she was... I was a scared little girl. She went through the change of life at 22 years of age. She went through chemo and radiation. She was so sick.

Now, after repairing our relationship 16 years ago and not living close to her, We are a familiy again. I let her make up for the mistakes she made (she's the one that feels like she has too, I have forgiven her completely.) with my girls. She's such a great grammy. I'm proud of her. I know without the drugs and alcohol addictions she would have been a great mother. She was a great mother in her sober days with me.

I love my momma.

I got a text here at work.

She just found out she has colon cancer through a colonoscopy.

I can't take much more of this, and I know that sounds selfish, but I'm at the end of my rope.

My boyfriend doesn't want me. My kids dad is trying to weasel them away from me. My momma just found out she's type 2 diabetic and now colon cancer. She found all this stuff out in a weeks time.

The girls don't know, so I've kept it off of Facebook.

I wish I could just call E and feel his strong arms around me.

I'm so scared.

Alsgalpal, I'm so so sorry......I can't even imagine. I've felt crushing depression when people I barely even know have gotten cancer......I can't imagine.

If you ever need to talk, I'm just a PM away, girl. Life's not fair and bad things happen to good people. Your mom is very lucky to have a daughter like you.

• Like 2

I lost my mom 7 months ago. (Parkinson's) I know what your going thru and how hard it is. My dad and I get secret messages now and then from her. At least we want to believe they are from her. They never leave Alsgalpal ! :rose: :rose:

Prayers to you. your mom, and your family. We are here for you.

• Like 1

I lost my mom 7 months ago. (Parkinson's) I know what your going thru and how hard it is. My dad and I get secret messages now and then from her. At least we want to believe they are from her. They never leave Alsgalpal ! :rose: :rose:

Prayers to you. your mom, and your family. We are here for you.

I only liked that because you still hear from her.

Today, I'm completely numb. I can't talk to Eric. His friend told him before I had a chance to talk to him.

I. Just. Feel. Lost.

:( I'm sorry about your mom Kris. She sounds like a strong woman like yourself I'm sure she will continue to put up a fight especially with you there in her corner.

As for everything else going on in your life right now, I'm sorry you are dealing with that too. Remember you are a strong woman who has stared death in the face and laughed and you will get through this as well.

:hug2: From both of us

• Like 1

:hug2: Be strong and never give up! :hug2:

:hug2: sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family :hug2:

Edited by librarian

Sorry to hear this.

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. My Dad is in hospital and they diagnosed a colon tumor, water in both lungs and a minor heart attack. Bad times and it seems 2014 sucks big time.

Sending prayers for you and your Mom. :rose:

Sorry to hear this.

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. My Dad is in hospital and they diagnosed a colon tumor, water in both lungs and a minor heart attack. Bad times and it seems 2014 sucks big time.

Sending prayers for you and your Mom. :rose:

I'm sorry Greyfriar!!

:( :hug2: :rose: