Jump to content


My son is going for a HS Hockey Championship tonight!

hockey kids

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KennyLee

KennyLee

    Always A Bridesmaid

  • Members
  • 2937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delaware
  • Interests:Rush, hockey, Rush and hockey.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

My 14 year old son is in his HS hockey championship game tonight.

The coach played everyone all season long but has told the players he will "shorten the bench" for their playoff game and possible championship game. 10 kids will start, 8 will sit.

My son is a 14 year old freshman. The rest of the team is Juniors and Seniors. That being said, he started Zach last night in his top 10. He played great and actually got the primary assist on the OT goal to win their playoff game 5-4!

Faked a slap shot and sent a beautiful seam passes threaded to the center by the far post. Nice.

Tonight is the championship. Wish him luck!!

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#2 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

How exciting for you.  Ill route for your son Zach  and his team.

#3 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7194 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Nice!

#4 Janie

Janie

    Rush Caption Queen

  • Members *
  • 16549 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Seattle, WA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostChicken hawk, on 20 February 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

How exciting for you.  Ill route for your son Zach  and his team.
Same here! Let us know how the game went! :)

#5 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53759 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Middletown!

:dweez:

#6 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

Has your son dreamed about this game all his life.  Is it his Middletown Dream?

#7 KennyLee

KennyLee

    Always A Bridesmaid

  • Members
  • 2937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delaware
  • Interests:Rush, hockey, Rush and hockey.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

View Postbillybobjoe1881, on 21 February 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Has your son dreamed about this game all his life.  Is it his Middletown Dream?

Haha. It is!

Middletown won 3-2!!  Woo-hoo!!

Game was tied 2-2 at the end of regulation. The captain scored the game winning goal 15:24 into OT.  (Love that they let them play and didn't go shootout)

Nerve wracking game but it was great. Both teams really brought it.

Congrats, Zach!

Posted Image

#8 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79312 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostKennyLee, on 21 February 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

View Postbillybobjoe1881, on 21 February 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Has your son dreamed about this game all his life.  Is it his Middletown Dream?

Haha. It is!

Middletown won 3-2!!  Woo-hoo!!

Game was tied 2-2 at the end of regulation. The captain scored the game winning goal 15:24 into OT.  (Love that they let them play and didn't go shootout)

Nerve wracking game but it was great. Both teams really brought it.

Congrats, Zach!

Posted Image

Yay!   :yay:  :yay:   Well done, Zach!   :clap:  :clap:

#9 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7194 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Great stuff! Congrats!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hockey, kids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users