2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

I'm not sure if the Yankees have announced it, but if they expect CC to pitch Opening Day, if they expect CC to be their #1…he'd better pitch like it. We can't have another near-5 ERA from the "ace."

On the bright side, Kuroda, Tanaka, and Nova are all projected to have ERAs below 4. CC is, too, but I'm not so confident in him.

I'm not sure if the Yankees have announced it, but if they expect CC to pitch Opening Day, if they expect CC to be their #1…he'd better pitch like it. We can't have another near-5 ERA from the "ace."

On the bright side, Kuroda, Tanaka, and Nova are all projected to have ERAs below 4. CC is, too, but I'm not so confident in him.

I don't think the Yankees are going to do much this year. I'm still surprised they let Cano walk. McCann and Ellsbury are - somewhat - solid additions, but it's going to be tough to compete in the East. Tanaka is a toss-up. Kuroda is solid, and so is Nova, but I'm not sure they've got what it takes to get back to the postseason this year. They'll be a good one to watch, though.

I don't think the Yankees are going to do much this year. I'm still surprised they let Cano walk. McCann and Ellsbury are - somewhat - solid additions, but it's going to be tough to compete in the East. Tanaka is a toss-up. Kuroda is solid, and so is Nova, but I'm not sure they've got what it takes to get back to the postseason this year. They'll be a good one to watch, though.

Absolutely. They'll certainly contend this year, though. I'd say they'll at least have a better record than 85-77. I'm thinking more along the lines of 91-71, likely a Wild Card spot.

Absolutely. They'll certainly contend this year, though. I'd say they'll at least have a better record than 85-77. I'm thinking more along the lines of 91-71, likely a Wild Card spot.

They did get no-hit tonight by the Marlins, so I'm now thinking they'll probably win the AL East. ;)

They did get no-hit tonight by the Marlins, so I'm now thinking they'll probably win the AL East. ;)

Yeah, well…they're frustrating. But a nything is possible, I suppose. :)

Can't wait for games to start. Already picked which ones we're going to this year and tickets are bought. I'm not too sure how the Mariners are going to be this season but I love going to Safeco field, especially on a nice day, sitting with the family, and eating hotdogs and garlic fries and watching some baseball.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/88c5c8ea-1b00-415d-bdf4-2f0c6bfed3d4_zps4cae0a62.jpg

:yay:

Edited by Janie
  • Like 2

Can't wait for games to start. Already picked which ones we're going to this year and tickets are bought. I'm not too sure how the Mariners are going to be this season but I love going to Safeco field, especially on a nice day, sitting with the family, and eating hotdogs and garlic fries and watching some baseball.

Yes, I am also ready to watch MLB. Bring on the baseball season! My family and I plan a few road trips to Toronto to see the Jays. It's a great way to spend the day.

You're very lucky. I love my Mariners. ;)

In all honestly, they're sure going to be a hell of a lot more exciting than they have been in the last ten or so years. The team might actually hit some home runs. If the injuries to the rotation continue, it's going to be a significant issue. But the lineup is going to be solid. Cano, Morrison, Hart (lol). Good additions.

In all honestly, they're sure going to be a hell of a lot more exciting than they have been in the last ten or so years. The team might actually hit some home runs. If the injuries to the rotation continue, it's going to be a significant issue. But the lineup is going to be solid. Cano, Morrison, Hart (lol). Good additions.

:hi: Are you from Seattle or just an M's fan? I love Safeco field. (Although, it's the only one I've ever been too.) There are not many things better than being at a game on a nice summer day. I have to add stuffing my face with a giant mustard-drenched pretzel and having a beer to the above food list. Mmmm, stadium food. The boys gorge themselves on bottomless popcorn and orange pop. :LOL:

:hi: Are you from Seattle or just an M's fan? I love Safeco field. (Although, it's the only one I've ever been too.) There are not many things better than being at a game on a nice summer day. I have to add stuffing my face with a giant mustard-drenched pretzel and having a beer to the above food list. Mmmm, stadium food. The boys gorge themselves on bottomless popcorn and orange pop. :LOL:

Safeco is one of the best. I've been a handful of times.

I'm just an M's fan, because I used to spend a majority of my summers up there... back when they were one of the league's best. I've been a fan ever since. I'm very excited about the upcoming season.

The regular season is only a few days away ... bring it on.

Didn't it start last week down under? ;)

The regular season is only a few days away ... bring it on.

Didn't it start last week down under? ;)

yes you are correct, my bad. the regular season in North America will start in a few days.

I said it more to mock MLB's killing of the great opening day tradition than to correct you, sorry if I came across as an anal retentive jerk. When I do that I usually mean to. :)

Detroit finalizes a deal with Cabrera approach $300 million. :facepalm: A new team to hate.

Meanwhile, the A's will pay their entire roster just over $60 million this year. :notworthy: Green collar baseball!

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/53/69/full/1733_oakland_athletics-champion-2013.png

• Like 1

Detroit finalizes a deal with Cabrera approach $300 million. :facepalm:

Can this continue? Normally, one would think that the salaries must max out somehow, but I'm not so sure. The way MLB exists now, we could eventually see players getting $40 or 50 million a year. I don't see any salary cap appearing anytime soon..... :wtf:

Ryan Braun gets a standing ovation in the bottom of the 1st inning. The very few boos were easily muted by the ovation. Milwaukee baseball is underway with the air of forgiveness. :)

Ryan Braun gets a standing ovation in the bottom of the 1st inning. The very few boos were easily muted by the ovation. Milwaukee baseball is underway with the air of forgiveness. :)

Suckers

• Like 1

Detroit finalizes a deal with Cabrera approach $300 million. :facepalm:

Can this continue? Normally, one would think that the salaries must max out somehow, but I'm not so sure. The way MLB exists now, we could eventually see players getting $40 or 50 million a year. I don't see any salary cap appearing anytime soon..... :wtf:

Seems ridiculous.