2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Can the neighborhood play be far behind?

The argument for the neighborhood play being non-renewable is to protect the infielders.

Making it reviewable would not change a thing, I don't think. I hope it's not too far behind.

Just my opinion, but having your foot on the bag and making a real out (instead of a phantom out) is more important than an infielder's risk of injury. All other infielders have to have their foot on the bag/plate to record the out, so 2nd base should not be an exception. Infielders can always make the choice of going for the double play or not going for it....if they're that scared of getting hurt.

If certain infielders are scared of getting hurt at 2nd base, then they can always get different jobs. Risk of injury is part of any sport, so they should man up and deal with it.

Agreed. Plus there are ways of players policing this themselves...

A's defeat the Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim. :dweez:

More than just a mark in the win column, this is a victory for fiscal conservatives everywhere!

• Like 1

Can the neighborhood play be far behind?

The argument for the neighborhood play being non-renewable is to protect the infielders.

Making it reviewable would not change a thing, I don't think. I hope it's not too far behind.

Just my opinion, but having your foot on the bag and making a real out (instead of a phantom out) is more important than an infielder's risk of injury. All other infielders have to have their foot on the bag/plate to record the out, so 2nd base should not be an exception. Infielders can always make the choice of going for the double play or not going for it....if they're that scared of getting hurt.

If certain infielders are scared of getting hurt at 2nd base, then they can always get different jobs. Risk of injury is part of any sport, so they should man up and deal with it.

Agreed. Plus there are ways of players policing this themselves...

They could (and should) regulate the slide.

Damned Cardinals!! :rage: The Red Menace beats the good guys again!! It's getting to where I'm fixin to shoot the redbirds in my back yard!! :rage:

Big surprise...the game is on MLB Network and we have to listen to the Yankee broadcasters.. :wacko:

A's split the four game series with the Evil Empire (West Coast Edition). Still 1.5 up on Texas, 3 up in the Angels and M's.

:dweez:

They are in the middle of a 17-day series of games. :scared:

• Like 1

Ha-ha, Price got torched last night! Yankees' winning streak hits 5. First place at 10-6. Go Bombers! :D Edited by Disk98

Wow!

10169441_10152748463927678_7438031330069723454_n.jpg

Maybe the most amazing thing about this is that Aaron hit 389 more HRs and had 681 more XBHs after his 31st birthday...not to mention 3 seasons of OPSs > 1.000 after the age of 35.

• Like 1

Reyes is on the DL after one at bat. :rage:

Jose is back. Jays beat Cleveland 5-0. Mark Buehrle is now 4 - 0. :dweez: His ERA is around .68. During the broadcast, Buck Martinez acknowledged Geddy Lee and :rush: as members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :ebert:

Rays over Yanks 16-1.

Yanks now 14th in AL in run differential and are one behind the Cubs in that category...

Brewers 8

Pirates 7

Ryan Braun (yeah, "that guy") puts the first pitch he sees from Pirate closer Jason Grilli way over the left-center field fence for a game-winning 2-run homer in the 9th. Two homers tonight for Braun, who is killing teams in their own ballparks this year (over .900 slugging). I think the boos and taunts are motivating him quite a bit..... :laughing guy:

Brewers 8

Pirates 7

Ryan Braun (yeah, "that guy") puts the first pitch he sees from Pirate closer Jason Grilli way over the left-center field fence for a game-winning 2-run homer in the 9th. Two homers tonight for Braun, who is killing teams in their own ballparks this year (over .900 slugging). I think the boos and taunts are motivating him quite a bit..... :laughing guy:

That guy did it again! He homers off of Jason Grilli in the 9th to tie the game at 2-2.....!! Brewers go on to win, 3-2, in 14 innings, and take 3 of 4 in Pittsburgh!!

Them Brewers are HOT!!

:fury: :fury: :fury:

Nice to see the Yankees back in the win column. 5-1 victory in extra innings behind great pitching from Vidal Nuno and the bullpen. Off day tomorrow before heading to Boston to face the Red Sux. Go Yanks!

Wow!

10169441_10152748463927678_7438031330069723454_n.jpg

Maybe the most amazing thing about this is that Aaron hit 389 more HRs and had 681 more XBHs after his 31st birthday...not to mention 3 seasons of OPSs > 1.000 after the age of 35.

'Roids.

How 'bout the brawl?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24533948/video-brewers-pirates-brawl-after-carlos-gomez-triple

Gomez flips the bat and trots...turns out to hit the wall and he legs out a triple. The pitcher calls him out with a few choice words, Gomez flip, and the benches clear.

Who's to blame? Is the culture of not showing up the pitcher ultimately a protection for batters? I imagine the natural inclination to put one in a guy's earhole on his next at bat plays a big role in insisting on some degree of humility.

How 'bout the brawl?

http://www.cbssports...os-gomez-triple

Gomez flips the bat and trots...turns out to hit the wall and he legs out a triple. The pitcher calls him out with a few choice words, Gomez flip, and the benches clear.

Who's to blame? Is the culture of not showing up the pitcher ultimately a protection for batters? I imagine the natural inclination to put one in a guy's earhole on his next at bat plays a big role in insisting on some degree of humility.

Gomez was not showing up the pitcher. Whenever Gomez hits a homer, he runs quite fast around the bases. Gomez thought it was a fly ball out.

"I'm not flipping my bat because I think it's a home run. I thought it was an out," Gomez said. "I thought it was a fly-ball out, line drive center field. And I'm kind of like, 'Oh, I had good contact but I don't think it's going out.' It's not like I'm pimping a home run."

Cole barked at Gomez because he misunderstood what Gomez was doing. Gomez barked back, and after everyone came out onto the field, order was being restored. Cole went back to the pitching mound.

BUT THEN, Travis Snider (who had come out of the dugout) went after and attacked Gomez, who naturally defended himself, and the fight was on.

Baseball players should stop being such thin-skinned divas and play ball. If something similar had happened in the NFL, it would have been much to do about nothing..... :huh:

• Like 1

A's are now 13-5. If only we could play the Astros every game.

2.5 up onTexas. 5 up on the Empire, and 6 on the M's. :dweez:

Edited by goose