2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has been fined $5,000.00 by MLB for shoving an umpire during the NLDS.

Molina makes $15,000,000.00 a year. The fine is 1/3000 of his salary.

A fine of this "magnitude" for the average worker ($30,000.00) would be $10.00. :o :D

This is why athletes don't give a crap about fines. It's nothing to them.

BTW, what was the situation? I don't recall seeing it.

Game 1 of the NLDS. Wainright hit Yasiel Puig, and Adrian Gonzales, who was next up, had "words" with Molina. The two got face to face, and the ump was "accidentally" pushed out of the way so the pleasant conversation could continue.... :D

Oh yeah,

The highlights of the game I didn't want to see. :facepalm:

Wow...tying run scores with 2 outs in the top of the 9th on wild pitch with the runner running from second!
  • Like 1

Bought SF tickets for game 4. The Giants have to win or I don't get to see the Royals, in person, in the Series!

Jesus you and I are neighbors! I hope the Royals will crush the Giants but sadly the Giants are going to win it all!!

I am a bitter, jealous, angry A's fan!

I grew up in Walnut Creek from 1970 to 1983.

They are turning Walnut Creek into Beverly Hills 2.0.

Unreal!

I remember when Walnut Creek was just a bunch of walnut trees!

The nightlife in Walnut Creek is excellent!

You can watch the Giants at Royals Game One of the World Series at Stadium Pub!

The Giants will easily win tomorrow.

Bought SF tickets for game 4. The Giants have to win or I don't get to see the Royals, in person, in the Series!

Jesus you and I are neighbors! I hope the Royals will crush the Giants but sadly the Giants are going to win it all!!

Unreal!

You'll have to come to one of our BARFs, (Bay Area Rush Fans), parties that we throw about three times a year. (And you too, Goose!) Lots of music, Prog and otherwise, and oodles of A's fans. Good times!

As far as the Series goes, if it's SF/KC, it will be a good one. Two similar teams, evenly matched.

Baseball is a fickle mistress, eh?

• Like 1

Unreal!

You'll have to come to one of our BARFs, (Bay Area Rush Fans), parties that we throw about three times a year. (And you too, Goose!) Lots of music, Prog and otherwise, and oodles of A's fans. Good times!

As far as the Series goes, if it's SF/KC, it will be a good one. Two similar teams, evenly matched.

Sounds like fun!

The 2 teams that won the 1 game Wild Cards are now in the World Series. A team doesn't need to win the division and spend all their energy in the regular season, as KC and SF have proven.

I hope the World Series goes to the 9th inning of the 7th game.. A blowout with 1 team going cold (like what happened to Baltimore, Detroit, Angels, etc) will be a disappointment, at least for me.

• Like 1

The 2 teams that won the 1 game Wild Cards are now in the World Series. A team doesn't need to win the division and spend all their energy in the regular season, as KC and SF have proven.

I hope the World Series goes to the 9th inning of the 7th game.. A blowout with 1 team going cold (like what happened to Baltimore, Detroit, Angels, etc) will be a disappointment, at least for me.

You called it.

Well, well, I get my wish for game 7.... What a roller coaster series this has been... It looked like KC would be eliminated in 4... some blowout games in the series also... May the best team win tonight!

It's time to light the burner on the Hot Stove....

A few signings here and there, but the Braves and Cardinals got the trade mill going today. Miller and a prospect from St. Louis for Heyward and Walden.

Some are calling it a blockbuster, but I am not so sure if that is fitting. Either way, it is probably good for both clubs.

Atlanta gets a good young arm in Miller (and maybe some redemption for sending Wainwright to St. Louis 10 years ago if things play out well). Jenkins is also a strong prospect that may pan out for the Braves.

St. Louis fills the outfield void left by Taveras' death, for a year at least, and at a reasonable cost (weird that 8.3M is a bargain in baseball dollars). Heyward is pretty clearly a one year rental as he is in his walk year, has made it clear he wants to test free agency, and it is doubtful the Cardinals will be willing to pay what he will command in 2016 if he does perform well in 2015 (which he should - it's magical how players always show up in their walk year, yes?). Probably the hidden gem in this deal is the Cardinals getting Walden (with club control for 2 years) as hard throwing set up man to replace Neshek.

Fans of both teams should be happy.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Jays sign catcher Russell Martin, a Canuck

Definitely a good pick up for Toronto. They had some issues at the backstop last year and he should provide some stability. If he can repeat anything close to his 2014 numbers, even better.

Reports are showing 5 years and $82M pending physical. Of course, after Canadian taxes, that's something like the league minimum, but at least the physical is paid for, being in Canada and all that! :syrinx:

Unreal!

Hey LaFella! Sorry I missed this post!! HELL YES! I AM IN!!!

PM ME or I will PM YOU!!

The Fickle Mistress.

Says it all..

Sounds like my wife.

• Like 1

Jays sign catcher Russell Martin, a Canuck

Definitely a good pick up for Toronto. They had some issues at the backstop last year and he should provide some stability. If he can repeat anything close to his 2014 numbers, even better.

Reports are showing 5 years and $82M pending physical. Of course, after Canadian taxes, that's something like the league minimum, but at least the physical is paid for, being in Canada and all that! :syrinx:

I'm not sure about this pick up. Hell it's Russell Martin. They guy is a wavier wire player in Fantasy.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Oakland reshuffles the deck, trades Samardzija to the White Sox.

The A's gave up Samardzija and minor-league pitcher Michael Ynoa in exchange for shortstop Marcus Semien, catcher Josh Phegley and prospects Rangel Ravelo, a first baseman, and Chris Bassitt, a pitcher.

Edited by Principled Man

The A's gave up Samardzija and minor-league pitcher Michael Ynoa in exchange for shortstop Marcus Semien, catcher Josh Phegley and prospects Rangel Ravelo, a first baseman, and Chris Bassitt, a pitcher.

Pure insanity! Now Cespedes is a Tiger! Shoot me now!

• Like 1

Pure insanity! Now Cespedes is a Tiger! Shoot me now!

The life of an A's fan. At least we still have the elephant.

Good ideas

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/baseball-owners-negotiating-with-union-on-pace-of-game-changes-pitch-clock-011415

Baseball owners are negotiating pace-of-game changes with the players union, but the initial adjustments will be more dramatic at the minor-league level, sources told FOX Sports.

A 20-second pitch clock will be implemented at Double-A and Triple-A, but not in the majors in 2015, sources said.

Owners could vote to approve a particular course of action at their meetings in Phoenix on Thursday, but no changes will be official until the union approves.

The exact proposals for the majors are not known, but baseball has discussed forcing managers to make replay challenges more quickly.

In the minors, baseball will enact other changes that it tried during the recent Arizona Fall League season, one source said.

Those changes include a rule requiring a hitter to keep one foot in the batter's box, a time limit on pitching changes and also a limit on breaks between innings.

The introduction of the pitch clock would be the most significant innovation, one that baseball ultimately may adopt at the major-league level.

Multiple players and coaches told FOX Sports recently that they found the pitch clock to be effective and not disruptive to the flow of the game.

Major League Baseball Advanced Media will pay for the clocks, according to one source. Such an expenditure would require the approval of the owners.

News of the pitch clocks at Double-A and Triple-A was first reported by Robert Murray of MLBDailyRumors.com.