2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

It's time again to start over again! Spring Training is officially starting! The A's will have a full workout on Thursday morning!

I am so happy to start fresh after my incredible Chokeland A's, I mean Oakland A's lost another Game 5 in the ALDS to Justin Nerdlander!

So let the Curse continue!!

Another new MLB Thread. Another chance to hope that my Oakland A's will win the World Series this season!

The pieces are in place, I just hope they don't have to play the damn Tigers again in the first round!!!!

The A's are going to win the West again.

Cano is a Mariner. I can't believe it.

The Yankees are done. It's time for the A's to prevail.

Let's face it. The Dodgers are the New York Yank Mees of the West! Fukk the San Francisco Giants too!

It's going to be the A's and the Dodgers in the World Series in October.

Cespedes V. Puig!

Kershaw V. Sonny Gray!

Let's go Oakland!

Who else has some balls on here to make some baseball predictions?

It makes me sick that Tim Hudson is a Giant.

He turned down more money by the A's to go across the bay.

I hope that bites him in the arse!!!

Bring it on baseball lovers!!

The time is now!!!!!!

IN BEANE WE TRUST!!

See you in the playoffs!

THE HUNT FOR A GREEN OCTOBER!

• Like 2

Thanks for creating this thread and giving such an entertaining opening reply, RUSHHEAD666. I'll be cheering for the Jays. I'm not sure what type of season they will have, but Boston proved you can go from worst to first. I predict the Jays will have a better season in 2014 than their terrible 2013 showing. Bring on spring and bring on the baseball season. .

Thanks for creating this thread and giving such an entertaining opening reply, RUSHHEAD666. I'll be cheering for the Jays. I'm not sure what type of season they will have, but Boston proved you can go from worst to first. I predict the Jays will have a better season in 2014 than their terrible 2013 showing. Bring on spring and bring on the baseball season. .

Thanks!

I hope the Jays have a good season! I think the Tankees are TOAST! They suck! Now is the time to strike! Everyone else in your division is a contender!

The Stankees are a pretender! It's going to be a Derek Jeter Parade all season long! He will probably spend more time on the DL then in many ballparks around North America!!

As a diehard A's fan I remember those A's Blue Jays playoff games! Remember when Canseco hit a 700 foot blast into the fifth deck at Skydome?

Wendy and I flew back to Toronto to see the R30 Tour and by luck there was a Red Sox Jay game the night following the Rush concert.

We hiked up to where Canseco hit that baseball. Security told us to leave the area as there was no one around that section.

Instead I had the security guard take our picture where Canseco hit that ball. EPIC!!!

Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!

EArl

Thanks!

I hope the Jays have a good season! I think the Tankees are TOAST! They suck! Now is the time to strike! Everyone else in your division is a contender!

The Stankees are a pretender! It's going to be a Derek Jeter Parade all season long! He will probably spend more time on the DL then in many ballparks around North America!!

As a diehard A's fan I remember those A's Blue Jays playoff games! Remember when Canseco hit a 700 foot blast into the fifth deck at Skydome?

Wendy and I flew back to Toronto to see the R30 Tour and by luck there was a Red Sox Jay game the night following the Rush concert.

We hiked up to where Canseco hit that baseball. Security told us to leave the area as there was no one around that section.

Instead I had the security guard take our picture where Canseco hit that ball. EPIC!!!

Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!

EArl

Oh, the YANKEES are toast? Says the fan of a team that hasn't made the playoffs since the release of Counterparts, and has barely improved from last year, if at all, on paper. But, paper isn't how the game is played, so I wish the Blue Jays well. But if you ask me, the Yankees eat the Blue Jays for breakfast, and have plenty more room for the Red Sux.

Thanks!

Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!

EArl

Oh, the YANKEES are toast? Says the fan of a team that hasn't made the playoffs since the release of Counterparts, and has barely improved from last year, if at all, on paper. But, paper isn't how the game is played, so I wish the Blue Jays well. But if you ask me, the Yankees eat the Blue Jays for breakfast, and have plenty more room for the Red Sux.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What a typical Yank ME fan! Are you kidding me? Have you been under a pin striped rock over the last two years?

The Oakland Athletics have won the West two seasons in a row!!!!! WTF?

Sure we lose in Game 5 each time in the ALDS to Verlander but at least the low payroll A's are winning the WEST!

More than I can say about your pathetic Yankees!!! When was the last time the Yankees won the East? When Jeter actually played a full season and wasn't always on the DL?????

The Yankees are old and broken down. Perhaps Mark Davis of the Oakland Raiders should buy the Yankees.

Same old shit, different year.

Pure CRAP!

Thanks!

Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!

EArl

I don't think so. The Yankees' rotation looks to be bad (let me tell you about highly touted Japanese starters), they lost their best every day player, and their otherworldly closer is gone. I'm biased, in that I despise the Yankees, but it looks more likely to be a looong summer for them.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Funny. Real funny. When was the last Jays world championship? Oh, yeah, 1993. Best of luck to ya, though. Hopefully it's Yanks and Jays in the ALCS. ;) Got a broom I can borrow? Edited by Disk98

At least we agree on one thing!

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

The "Walk Off" Bunt was huge in Oakland many years ago against them in the playoffs!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

Ahem. That's "reigning world champion Red Sux" if you don't mind.

Haha! Yep that is very true. Congrats. I'm just glad the San Francisco Giants didn't win another ring. Shoot me now if they win it again this year. It's an even year so I'm worried.

Thanks!

Anyway GOOD LUCK!!!

EArl

I don't think so. The Yankees' rotation looks to be bad (let me tell you about highly touted Japanese starters), they lost their best every day player, and their otherworldly closer is gone. I'm biased, in that I despise the Yankees, but it looks more likely to be a looong summer for them.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

LOL! I actually thought Cano was going to be a Yankee for life! Now I have to deal with him out here in the Northwest! Killing me!!!!!

The Yankees will finish in last place this year.

Jays will have a better year this season. Last year couldn't have gone worse considering the talent on the team. I think one year of playing together and a little luck with health and they will challenge for the AL East.
  • Like 1

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

The "Walk Off" Bunt was huge in Oakland many years ago against them in the playoffs!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

Haha! Yep that is very true. Congrats. I'm just glad the San Francisco Giants didn't win another ring. Shoot me now if they win it again this year. It's an even year so I'm worried.

You should be worried, Panda's in a contract year so he will have to put away the fork for a bit. My baseball bucket list is to see the Giant's beat the Yankee's and A's in the World series.

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

You should be worried, Panda's in a contract year so he will have to put away the fork for a bit. My baseball bucket list is to see the Giant's beat the Yankee's and A's in the World series.

I might draft Panda this season but I am a Giants Curse. I drafted Posey number two last year and he wasn't very good!

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

I might draft Panda this season but I am a Giants Curse. I drafted Posey number two last year and he wasn't very good!

The power numbers just weren't there. He wasn't too bad early on and his average stayed decent but he basically just faded the way the whole team did. The Giant's never got any spark last season and the loss of Pagan didn't help. Their usually stellar pitching wasn't as reliable either. It's funny cause the team hit well early but with bad pitching. When the pitching finally settled in the lineup looked gassed and Sandoval looked bigger than ever. I think that if Brandon Belt starts slow again he may become trade bait.

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

The power numbers just weren't there. He wasn't too bad early on and his average stayed decent but he basically just faded the way the whole team did. The Giant's never got any spark last season and the loss of Pagan didn't help. Their usually stellar pitching wasn't as reliable either. It's funny cause the team hit well early but with bad pitching. When the pitching finally settled in the lineup looked gassed and Sandoval looked bigger than ever. I think that if Brandon Belt starts slow again he may become trade bait.

Hey dude! Belt went 2-2 today! Luckily my A's destroyed you guys today! I know it's just a Spring Training game but I will take it!

It always feels great when the A's crush the Giants! Hahaha!

Personally I think Belt is going to have a breakout year!

THE "RED SUX!"

I HATE THEM TOO!

Signed,

Ramon Hernandez

Sandoval has a surprisingly high career average. But you're right.. Last year's power numbers were lame. 26 homers in two years, just three more than his total in 2011.

Is anyone going to put together a fantasy league for TRF? Haven't noticed if anyone does anything like that here. I'd definitely sign up. Hell, I'll even make the league as long as everyone promises me their first-round picks in the draft.

If there's enough interest, I'd love to do it. But I know how a lot of people feel about fantasy baseball.

Is anyone going to put together a fantasy league for TRF? Haven't noticed if anyone does anything like that here. I'd definitely sign up. Hell, I'll even make the league as long as everyone promises me their first-round picks in the draft.

If there's enough interest, I'd love to do it. But I know how a lot of people feel about fantasy baseball.

I'd be interested as well, provided I'd be available during a draft. While I hate fantasy football for a myriad of reasons I've always enjoyed fantasy baseball, provided that the subbing rules aren't too crazy/involved.

• Like 1

I'd be interested as well, provided I'd be available during a draft. While I hate fantasy football for a myriad of reasons I've always enjoyed fantasy baseball, provided that the subbing rules aren't too crazy/involved.

Yeah. Fantasy football is trash.

And any league with the forum would be very simple. Something that anyone could enjoy. Nothing crazy/stupid.

• Like 1