Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show

workingcinderellaman

So how will Fallon do? I personally think that it's a mistake to get rid of Leno but I think that NBC is trying to compete for the younger audience that Kimmel is attracting. In my opinion, The Tonight Show has traditionally been geared for an older audience and has done better than any other night time talk show for that reason. I think that many of those viewers will bail and Fallon won't do as well as Leno did.

I personally like Kimmel better and I'm very interested to see how Seth Meyers does with the Late Night Show. I think he may be a lot better than Fallon as well.

Edited by workingcinderellaman

Question - Is Jimmy Fallon funny? Ive never really watched much of anything with him other than a few clips here and there, which have been underwhelming. Am I missing out on anything? Edited by tx_rush

This show is still on?

Imagine that.

This was my reaction. I find myself thinking a bit like you and agreeing with you quite a bit. Should this concern me?... :huh: :)

Wow not the thread I was expecting. Leno is so corny and unfunny I haven't watched the show in many years. Fallon is very talented and funny. He might be the most talented host of the show yet. It won't be for every one and will be more of a modern update than when Leno took over though.
  • Like 7

Wow not the thread I was expecting. Leno is so corny and unfunny I haven't watched the show in many years. Fallon is very talented and funny. He might be the most talented host of the show yet. It won't be for every one and will be more of a modern update than when Leno took over though.

I do like Fallon a lot more than Jay. I liked Headlines and Jay Walking - couldn't stand his monologue.

I'm a Conan fan... and I really like the Jimmy, JT combo. Jimmy on his own is very hit or miss for me like I said.

• Like 1

Haters gon' hate! LOL

I LOVE Jimmy Fallon!! I think he's hilarious, and I absolutely love him as a late night host. He's actually become a very close second to my personal fave, Conan (don't you Rushians be dissin' my CoCo, now).

I have never found Leno funny. Heck, even mildly amusing....I just never did. *shrug* very dry sense of humour. I never liked him much, but he's still waaayyyyyyyyyyy better than Letterman 0_o

• Like 2

leno sucks, fallon seems like he sucks but I haven't watched enough to say (and I won't). apparently leno used to be great but I've never seen any old stand-up or anything.

I don't know who seth meyers is, but I'm guessing he's another person who has given lots of blowjobs to lorne michaels and the other nbc turds?

• Like 1

Fallon is AWESOME!!!

As AncientWays said, Leno is corny and unfunny (has he EVER been funny???!!!)

Whereas Fallon is hugely talented and hilarious. I am so glad that bit stealing, never was funny, never is funny, never will be funny Leno is gone and hopefully for good this time.

Don't let the door hit ya in the chin Leno you cuntt (to quote Ducky). Good riddance!!!

It's a great day at the 11:30 time slot, finally somebody worth watching!!!

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan
  • Like 2

I never really watched late night very often, but I liked Jay Leno. His humor was more adult, while Fallon's, from what I've seen, is silly and somewhat juvenile.

Anyone not familiar with Fallon check out YouTube. Plenty of clips on there. One of my fave segments was jimmy and the roots doing blurred lines with toy instruments. They do a hell of a job and you can tell they had a great time.
  • Like 3

Leno is so corny and unfunny I haven't watched the show in many years. Fallon is very talented and funny. He might be the most talented host of the show yet. It won't be for every one and will be more of a modern update than when Leno took over though.

I also think that Fallon is very talented and funny, but to say he's the most talented host of the Tonight Show might be pushing it. I wasn't even born when he was still hosting it, but I'd from the clips I see on YouTube, we shouldn't forget about Johnny Carson. That said, I did see Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in person last summer and he did a lip-sync battle bit with John Krasinski from The Office and the musical guest on that taping was The Breeders (happened to be in the bench section behind The Breeders). It was awesome to say the least.

Never had an opinion of Leno prior to the 2010 incident , and I've never even watched a single episode of his till afterwards and I'd say he was boring. Saw his first appearance on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show on YouTube just a few days ago and I couldn't wrap my brain around as to how people found his bit funny. Now Bill Hicks' rip on Leno is even funnier to me.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I never really watched late night very often, but I liked Jay Leno. His humor was more adult, while Fallon's, from what I've seen, is silly and somewhat juvenile.

Yeah, more adult. For people at retirement homes.

• Like 3

Leno is so corny and unfunny I haven't watched the show in many years. Fallon is very talented and funny. He might be the most talented host of the show yet. It won't be for every one and will be more of a modern update than when Leno took over though.

I also think that Fallon is very talented and funny, but to say he's the most talented host of the Tonight Show might be pushing it. I wasn't even born when he was still hosting it, but I'd from the clips I see on YouTube, we shouldn't forget about Johnny Carson. That said, I did see Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in person last summer and he did a lip-sync battle bit with John Krasinski from The Office and the musical guest on that taping was The Breeders (happened to be in the bench section behind The Breeders). It was awesome to say the least.

Never had an opinion of Leno prior to the 2010 incident , and I've never even watched a single episode of his till afterwards and I'd say he was boring. Saw his first appearance on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show on YouTube just a few days ago and I couldn't wrap my brain around as to how people found his bit funny. Now Bill Hicks' rip on Leno is even funnier to me.

I grew up watching Johnny. Saying jimmy is more talented isn't a dig at Johnny. Jimmy is a good singer, a good writer and a funny guy. I think that is more talents than Johnny brought to the table, that's all.