Military grade pizza with three-year shelf life ‘tastes pretty much’ like pie from ‘a pizza parlour,’ U.S. lab says

barney_rebel

They're probably hoping that soldiers are only familiar with NY pizza and not Chicago style.

Euw, what?

I am just fascinated to live in a world where 'military grade pizza' exists.

(It makes me imagine a secret fast food war between the US and Soviets: By 1958 the CIA learned what it had long feared - the Soviets had indeed developed their own Marinara sauce, mostly likely from enriched pizza-grade tomatoes smuggled out of South America. Released cold war documents show that America had little to fear, however: Although Moscow spoke boldly of plans for a four- or even five-item pizza by 1970, repeated pepperoni failures held their entire program back. By the time the Americans launched the first Pizza Hut locations the race was over, and the Politburo saw no benefit in pouring money into their pizza pie program any longer. :D )

Edited by gudbuytjane
  • Like 4

They're probably hoping that soldiers are only familiar with NY pizza and not Chicago style.

Chicago Style > New York style

In all honesty, I have had some pretty awesome pizza in just about every part of the country, all a little bit different style

• Like 1

Euw, what?

Sorry if I offended you by calling New York style pizza "pizza". I was being kind, as anyone who's had both would know.

• Like 1

The 3 year pizza is being developed and tested by a company in Natick, MA (not to far down the road from where I work). They were on a local radio station the other day and had the DJ's try it. They said it was pretty good.