The "I Hate Facebook" Thread

ThatLightInYourEyes

Countless updates with photos of animals with captions like they're some sort of human.

When people write updates they should rather share with a friend offline instead.

Profile pictures where (and this is sadly only women who do that) they try to look so pretty and doll like, they end up looking almost cross eyed and a little dead. Oh, and the duckface. WTF?

Likewhores!

When people on Facebook goes into overdrive in weepy stories and everybody shares and likes. I don't care and most of it is probably fake.

There is most likely a lot more, but this is what I could think of.

• Like 1

Countless updates with photos of animals with captions like they're some sort of human.

When people write updates they should rather share with a friend offline instead.

Profile pictures where (and this is sadly only women who do that) they try to look so pretty and doll like, they end up looking almost cross eyed and a little dead. Oh, and the duckface. WTF?

Likewhores!

When people on Facebook goes into overdrive in weepy stories and everybody shares and likes. I don't care and most of it is probably fake.

There is most likely a lot more, but this is what I could think of.

Oh yeah. "Selfies." Forgot to mention that.

• Like 2

I hate the fact that it exists, honestly. I don't have an account there and I don't want to have one, but in a lot of cases, it seems to have become some people's (and even some organizations') primary mode of communication.

For example, when it comes to my sons' school- I should be entitled to the same information that all other parents get, even though I'm not on Facebook. I don't have specific example to give off the top of my head, but I've had conversations with some other parents who seem to have more details about things than I do, and when I can't help but make it obvious that I don't know what they're talking about, they'll say, "Aren't you on Facebook?" And when I tell them I'm not, I will invariably get a response like, "Oh, see, that's why you don't know." It just pisses me off.

My sister had a Facebook page. Or I should say she still has one- even though she's been dead for five and a half years. It's still active. And that's just not right. With all of the information they collect about people, they ought to be able to erase somebody's page when that person has been dead for a matter of years.

Yeah...consider all of this to be a sore spot with me, I guess.

• Like 5

I hate the fact that it exists, honestly. I don't have an account there and I don't want to have one, but in a lot of cases, it seems to have become some people's (and even some organizations') primary mode of communication.

For example, when it comes to my sons' school- I should be entitled to the same information that all other parents get, even though I'm not on Facebook. I don't have specific example to give off the top of my head, but I've had conversations with some other parents who seem to have more details about things than I do, and when I can't help but make it obvious that I don't know what they're talking about, they'll say, "Aren't you on Facebook?" And when I tell them I'm not, I will invariably get a response like, "Oh, see, that's why you don't know." It just pisses me off.

My sister had a Facebook page. Or I should say she still has one- even though she's been dead for five and a half years. It's still active. And that's just not right. With all of the information they collect about people, they ought to be able to erase somebody's page when that person has been dead for a matter of years.

It is possible to delete it, but I'm not sure how. My dad's profile got deleted soon after his death.

It is possible to delete it, but I'm not sure how. My dad's profile got deleted soon after his death.

For both Blue J and The Analog Grownup - :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 3

Some people post on their Facebook pages their personal opinions/rants on social and political issues, which is fine, but then they get mad if anyone hides those particular posts from their own Facebook pages. :crazy:

Excuse me, my dear, but I AND I ALONE determine what I will see on MY Facebook page..... :nya nya:

• Like 1

I like it because I don't take anything too seriously, really. I detest the "like" and this baby will be saved etc. I also have no tolerance for hurt or sickly animal pics.

I do enjoy posting my sarcastic responses to stuff though.

• Like 5

Since I have seemed to have just arrived in the computer age just recently I do have a facebook account now. My son set it up for me a few months ago. My problem with it is 1. I have no clue how to post on there or change my photo or any of that sh*t. I just look at what people have put on there and make a comment once in a while. 2. I have seemed to have acquired many religious "friends" and have to navigate through gobs of posts about this and that. They are family, and friends of family mostly. I asked my wife the other day if I can un-friend at least some of them. She looked at me like "not a good idea" so I didn't push further. Maybe its a bore fest for me because I don't know much of how to use it or its just a bore fest in general. Jury is still out.... :)
  • Like 2

Since I have seemed to have just arrived in the computer age just recently I do have a facebook account now. My son set it up for me a few months ago. My problem with it is 1. I have no clue how to post on there or change my photo or any of that sh*t. I just look at what people have put on there and make a comment once in a while. 2. I have seemed to have acquired many religious "friends" and have to navigate through gobs of posts about this and that. They are family, and friends of family mostly. I asked my wife the other day if I can un-friend at least some of them. She looked at me like "not a good idea" so I didn't push further. Maybe its a bore fest for me because I don't know much of how to use it or its just a bore fest in general. Jury is still out.... :)

How many friends do you have on their out of interest? I've got 21 - I don't want a load of people on their I don't really know. A couple of my friends on it have over 1 THOUSAND! That's just too many.

How many friends do you have on their out of interest? I've got 21 - I don't want a load of people on their I don't really know. A couple of my friends on it have over 1 THOUSAND! That's just too many.

I finally figured how to tell how many I have. Says I have 23... :huh:

For both Blue J and The Analog Grownup - :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

That's very sweet of you :hug2:

For me it shows the real intelligence of people you once thought actually had a functioning brain...I see so many idiots lured into the whole "Click here YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS" spam trick...as well as the gullibility of people sharing obviously fake news stories as if they were the most factual articles in the world...atrocious spelling errors...like really bad ones that a 1st grader could spell no problem...constant re-posts of dead fetuses and animal abuse videos...people under the impression that everyone cares about every single thing you do on an hour to hour basis...lastly (and i understand parents are proud of their children) but holy shit, tone it down a notch with the thousands of baby pictures/vines/videos that you're obviously begging for likes with...only reason that last one bothers me personally is about 70% of the "proud parents" are ones that lack the common sense to even properly care for a child...(example: "LUV MY BABY" while the photo shows a infant under 3 months riding on a 4-wheeler while the father drives and holds the kid with one hand...no helmet...i mean seriously...come on.)...okay rant over...man I get fired up sometimes....

That being said, I kind of enjoy the ability to see what old friends are up to and post my art and music...cant say i use it for much else than that.

• Like 4

In terms of the site:

Every time they change they interface, they make it harder and less intuitive to reach certain things

In terms of the users:

People who post pics of their food and/or deliberately orchestrate photos to post on facebook (like the "let's take pictures of our feet in a circle while at the beach" pic).

Thankfully there is a button that allows me to never see posts from those people without their knowledge. They're not offended, and I don't ever need to see it.

• Like 1

2. I have seemed to have acquired many religious "friends" and have to navigate through gobs of posts about this and that. They are family, and friends of family mostly. I asked my wife the other day if I can un-friend at least some of them.

You can "hide" any post you like. You can even hide an entire person without "defriending" him/her.

Shown in the example below, in the upper right-hand corner of every post on your Facebook page, there should be a little box that you can open.

You can click on "I don't want to see this" and delete that specific post, or you can click on "Unfollow [the person]".

Don't ever forget that it's YOUR Facebook page. You can delete any post you like, and if someone objects, TOO BAD......

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/facebook_zps50573cd7.png

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

2. I have seemed to have acquired many religious "friends" and have to navigate through gobs of posts about this and that. They are family, and friends of family mostly. I asked my wife the other day if I can un-friend at least some of them.

You can "hide" any post you like. You can even hide an entire person without "defriending" him/her.

Shown in the example below, in the upper right-hand corner of every post on your Facebook page, there should be a little box that you can open.

You can click on "I don't want to see this" and delete that specific post, or you can click on "Unfollow [the person]".

Don't ever forget that it's YOUR Facebook page. You can delete any post you like, and if someone objects, TOO BAD......

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/facebook_zps50573cd7.png

Sounds like the un-follow thing would be for me... Thanks for your help. Us old charmers need to stick together.. :cheers:

What annoys me the most is people I don't know popping up on my friends posts, and I know from their opinions I'd really dislike them in person.. I've really cut back on checking out my news feed cause I realize I just don't give a shit.. Facebook is a narcissists dream.

I'm not too keen on seeing Facebook on every other site where I want to partake in a discussion board.

Login with Facebook......Login with Facebook......I don't want to login with my f&cking Facebook, ok?!! I don't need or want to involve Facebook in every gawd dammed thing I do online, ok?!

• Like 5