Gross fast food joints!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I like Krystal burgers. I know lots of people that like them too.
Seems you either love them or hate them.
I love them and wish we had a Krystal around here.

I see you are in myrtle beach.  We used to spend every summer vacation there when our kids were young and still at home.
We have not been back in 5-6 years.

Sponsored Post

#82 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 11087 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostNarpski, on 14 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostJohn V, on 14 March 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 March 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

There used to be a chain called White Castle.  A lot of people got diarrhea from their burgers and the toilets in the rest rooms never worked, but that didn't bother anyone as they continued to use them.   I'll let you judge what it both looked and smelled like in one of them.

Don't frequent any fast food places any more so I can't comment on what is currently in vogue.

View Postbathory, on 13 March 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 12 March 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 March 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 12 March 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

There used to be a chain called White Castle.  A lot of people got diarrhea from their burgers and the toilets in the rest rooms never worked, but that didn't bother anyone as they continued to use them.   I'll let you judge what it both looked and smelled like in one of them.

Don't frequent any fast food places any more so I can't comment on what is currently in vogue.

Used to be? I have a White Castle not 5 minutes from my house.  They don't call them "sliders" for nothing.
I have seen plenty of White Castles but have by some miracle have never eaten anything from there. Do you mean that the "Sliders" slide in and then back out a little to abruptly? :huh:
we've got krystal in my area, its the same shit

We had Royal Castle in Miami and loved the little burgers.  They are all gone now.  The last one closed up last month.
On I-95 headed south as you are leaving Georgia, there are several Krystal joints along the highway.  We always try to get there about lunch time as my wife and I both love those little greasy burgers.

White Castle is in the same mold as the two I mention.  I like those little burgers.  In fact I have a desire for 5 right now.
Greasy yes. But very tasty.
We have a Krystal in Myrtle Beach. I would never eat a burger from there but I have been there many times for 3 chili cheese pup hot dogs and fries. Yummo.... :)

the krystal chiks (which are just mini-chicken sandwiches) kick ass

#83 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2618 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostJohn V, on 15 March 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

I see you are in myrtle beach.  We used to spend every summer vacation there when our kids were young and still at home.
Krystal's are OK, but I'll take a Whitey One Bite from White Castle every time.

#84 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Postpjbear05, on 17 March 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostJohn V, on 15 March 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Krystal's are OK, but I'll take a Whitey One Bite from White Castle every time.

You have White Castle in south Florida?  I remember there were a few many, many years ago.  Then all that was left was Royal Castle.  Now there are no Royal Castle's left.
So, if i want a small burger in that similar mold, it has to be Krystal.

#85 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1437 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Can a convenient store count as a fast food place? I purchased one of those burritos you can microwave in the store and it actually wasn’t all that bad, until a roach crawled into my car…

As far as generic chains, I’m going to have to go with BK. I don’t really like the charbroil flavor.

#86 manders

manders

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Music, running, reading, my cat (yes, I'm a crazy catlady)

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

White Castle is hands down the worst fast food EVER. My husband has this horrid love of their gut-rot garbage and I almost puke just smelling their slop when he goes through the drive-thru and I'm in the car. I have to say I haven't missed that since he's been stationed in South Korea. Nasty...

#87 hobo73

hobo73

In the court of the Crimson Hobes

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

View Postmanders, on 30 March 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

White Castle is hands down the worst fast food EVER. My husband has this horrid love of their gut-rot garbage and I almost puke just smelling their slop when he goes through the drive-thru and I'm in the car. I have to say I haven't missed that since he's been stationed in South Korea. Nasty...

White Castle is horrendously disgusting lmao
The only thing I can stomach from their menu are their chicken rings, and even those are bland.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users