barney_rebel

you've read it?

Didn't know it was a book.... :sigh: :outtahere:

Now you've made Bill angry.

http://www.projectalbatross.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Burroughs.jpg

:LOL:

Lit is about as far from my wheelhouse as it gets.... :codger:

naked lunch

Or any list of results you get with Googling, "most disturbing novels".

My Forum education in full swing. Now that I know that its book and an apparently disturbing one, if I ever decide to read another book again, this won't be the one... Thanks literatus.... :)
  • Like 1

naked lunch

My Forum education in full swing. Now that I know that its book and an apparently disturbing one, if I ever decide to read another book again, this won't be the one... Thanks literatus.... :)

You're welcome! You might be pleasantly surprised to find that, compared to many readers and writers, you're not such a perv after all. :LOL:

(EDIT: To be clear, I know you're not REALLY a perv.)

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes
  • Like 1

naked lunch

You may not know it, but the band Steely Dan gets its name from Naked Lunch. The "Steely Dan" is a giant dildo.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

The book clubs my wife goes to don't actually discuss the books they just talk, drink wine, and eat. One of her book clubs just got a new member who used to be in a book club with Geddy's wife. She says the food and wine was always incredible at the Lee household.

maybe you can try and meet geddy

The book clubs my wife goes to don't actually discuss the books they just talk, drink wine, and eat. One of her book clubs just got a new member who used to be in a book club with Geddy's wife. She says the food and wine was always incredible at the Lee household.

Not to start a thread fight, but why can't literature be about the books these days?

EDIT: Oh crap, I think I just wrecked the thread. :oops:

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes

naked lunch

You're welcome! You might be pleasantly surprised to find that, compared to many readers and writers, you're not such a perv after all. :LOL:

:d13: Your secret is safe with me. I promise not to spill the beans as to how sweet you really are..... :)
  • Like 1

naked lunch

You may not know it, but the band Steely Dan gets its name from Naked Lunch. The "Steely Dan" is a giant dildo.

Damn. Bet that leaves a mark....
  • Like 1

naked lunch

:d13: Your secret is safe with me. I promise not to spill the beans as to how sweet you really are..... :)

Aww, thanks! I needed that, as I was having another attack of low self-esteem. :blush:

• Like 1

do you understand it? I don't

The book is a stream of consciousness representation of what was going on in Burroughs's head during various stages of drug withdrawal. I think he wrote it in bits and pieces during those times.