Your Preferred Age Difference: The Ladies Edition

dating romance love marriage sex etc..

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Preferred Age Differences (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Ladies, which age do you prefer your men to be?

1. Same age as you, give or take 5 years. (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. Older than you 5+ years (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Older than you 10+ years (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Older than you 15+ years (4 votes [13.33%])

5. Older than you 20+ years and beyond (4 votes [13.33%])

6. Younger than you 5+ years (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

7. Younger than you 10+ years (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

8. Younger than you 15+ years (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

9. Younger than you 20+ years and beyond (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. I like em' just eligible to vote. (0 votes [0.00%])

11. I like em' just eligible to drink. (0 votes [0.00%])

12. I like em' geriatric and in need of a sponge bath and tapioca pudding. (0 votes [0.00%])

13. I like em' rich and almost dead. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

I've tended to gravitate towards older by about 10+ years.  I just turned 46, and my husband will turn 57 in April.  We've been married 11 years as of yesterday.

I will say this: an age difference like this is an issue when both the guy and the girl are younger (say 15 years and 26 years, illegal and yuck) and again when they're older.  When my husband & I married at 35 and 46, it wasn't a big deal at all.  But now we can see a bit more clearly down the road, and the truth is that he'll probably be slowing down somewhat earlier than I will.  There is also the sad possibility that I'll be widowed, given the fact that men have a shorter life expectancy and the already extant age gap.  But who knows?  I smoked for 25 years so it's quite possible he'll outlive me.  The SOB looks like he's in his mid-forties anyway, dammit - HE seems to have stopped aging!

I wouldn't change a thing, though.  Just pointing out that a significant age gap gets MORE significant as time passes.

Sponsored Post

#22 umoveme

umoveme

California Sundress SILLY

• Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

I guess I really don't care as long as he is smart, funny, secure and really "gets me."

#23 hobo73

hobo73

In the court of the Crimson Hobes

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostMara, on 23 February 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

I've tended to gravitate towards older by about 10+ years.  I just turned 46, and my husband will turn 57 in April.  We've been married 11 years as of yesterday.

I will say this: an age difference like this is an issue when both the guy and the girl are younger (say 15 years and 26 years, illegal and yuck) and again when they're older.  When my husband & I married at 35 and 46, it wasn't a big deal at all.  But now we can see a bit more clearly down the road, and the truth is that he'll probably be slowing down somewhat earlier than I will.  There is also the sad possibility that I'll be widowed, given the fact that men have a shorter life expectancy and the already extant age gap.  But who knows?  I smoked for 25 years so it's quite possible he'll outlive me.  The SOB looks like he's in his mid-forties anyway, dammit - HE seems to have stopped aging!

I wouldn't change a thing, though.  Just pointing out that a significant age gap gets MORE significant as time passes.

I always tell my husband I'll be changing his diapers right along with our grandkids' diapers lmao

#24 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

HARD TO FIND GOOD MEN MY AGE...SO I'LL TAKE SAME AGE OR OLDER.     :rose:

#25 manders

manders

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Music, running, reading, my cat (yes, I'm a crazy catlady)

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

My husband is 5 years older than I am, and it works. I wouldn't go with younger though. What can I say, I like a bit older men...always have.

#26 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Not of interest: Chodes!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

When I was in my teens, 20's and 30's I dug older dudes but the more I am hatin' this getting older bs I find myself looking at boys much younger than me thinking... young and dumb will do just fine and  no ties, they can keep their drama.
Booty call bay yeah! :haz:

Edited by Lady April, 03 April 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#27 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostLady April, on 03 April 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

When I was in my teens, 20's and 30's I dug older dudes but the more I am hatin' this getting older bs I find myself looking at boys much younger than me thinking... young and dumb will do just fine and  no ties, they can keep their drama.
You gotta love anyone, male or female, who knows what they want and like and go for it..... :cheers: to life and the pursuit of happiness.... :) You only get one

#28 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostNarpski, on 03 April 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

You gotta love anyone, male or female, who knows what they want and like and go for it..... :cheers: to life and the pursuit of happiness.... :) You only get one

Totally :lol: but first I have to deal with the most ungratifying marriage ever... :unsure:

#29 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostLady April, on 03 April 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Totally :lol: but first I have to deal with the most ungratifying marriage ever... :unsure:
Depending on how you define "ungratifying", you may be preaching to the choir... :unsure:

#30 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostNarpski, on 03 April 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Depending on how you define "ungratifying", you may be preaching to the choir... :unsure:

Yeah exactly lol. Though I do have to say mine is like... 5% better...

#31 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Postumoveme, on 02 April 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

I guess I really don't care as long as he is smart, funny, secure and really "gets me."
Thats the trick. I was lucky enough to find someone who REALLY gets me... not gets me for a while and then says "You're too f***ing crazy for me to deal with!" or "Why can't you be normal?!" He's seen my crazy and loves me still. Encourages me to be the woman I want to be and is so supportive all of the time.  It doesn't matter our ages are so different we are exactly who we need in our lives (both ways) and our relationship is our business.

#32 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6189 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Seems kinda silly to me.. How can you judge a person is based on their age? Isn't that generalizing?  

I'm 43.. Ok ladies.. How do you like me so far!  Lol

#33 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 03 April 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Seems kinda silly to me.. How can you judge a person is based on their age? Isn't that generalizing?  

Yes and no. We can judge what we like based off of the ages of the partners we've enjoyed the most in the past. We can also judge by human development and were humans are supposed to be/act at certain ages. Not everybody falls into those categories of course but what I've learned from dating is that I most enjoy partners that are at least 15 years older than I am.

#34 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 03 April 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Thats the trick. I was lucky enough to find someone who REALLY gets me... not gets me for a while and then says "You're too f***ing crazy for me to deal with!" or "Why can't you be normal?!" He's seen my crazy and loves me still. Encourages me to be the woman I want to be and is so supportive all of the time.  It doesn't matter our ages are so different we are exactly who we need in our lives (both ways) and our relationship is our business.

She said 'both ways' :P

#35 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Ladies, I am writing a book with a female lead character and was wondering if any of you who like men 10+ years older than you could elaborate a little as to why.  My timeline is character gets married at 20 to her male professor who is 10 years older than her.  They get divorced ten years later when her husband starts feeling old and wants to get with 20 year old women again.  I guess i can see a student/teacher relationship starting but I would guess most of you who prefer older men probably didn't start this way.  What does a woman get out of the older man deal?

#36 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostLady April, on 03 April 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 03 April 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

She said 'both ways' :P
Now why did I know YOU would be all over that lil comment?! :lol:

#37 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostApollo, on 03 April 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ladies, I am writing a book with a female lead character and was wondering if any of you who like men 10+ years older than you could elaborate a little as to why.  My timeline is character gets married at 20 to her male professor who is 10 years older than her.  They get divorced ten years later when her husband starts feeling old and wants to get with 20 year old women again.  I guess i can see a student/teacher relationship starting but I would guess most of you who prefer older men probably didn't start this way.  What does a woman get out of the older man deal?

Because Geddy Lee.

#38 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 03 April 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Because Geddy Lee.

:lol: Say no more!

#39 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostNarpski, on 03 April 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Jeez Narp, we can sing in harmony then... :)

#40 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 03 April 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 03 April 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yes and no. We can judge what we like based off of the ages of the partners we've enjoyed the most in the past. We can also judge by human development and were humans are supposed to be/act at certain ages. Not everybody falls into those categories of course but what I've learned from dating is that I most enjoy partners that are at least 15 years older than I am.

Not just that but also how we are raised and what we see and experience of relationships while growing up. Like me for example I went through enough hell that in adulthood I had sevear 'daddy' issues which is why I liked older men. In some cases much older! At this point of my life there is a lot of what-if's and hindsight going on Which is why i have worn myself thin with dudes older than me taking advantage of me or taking me for granted.So I think just based on your personal life experience is what you gravitate toward.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dating, romance, love, marriage, sex, etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users