Your Preferred Age Difference: The Ladies Edition

dating romance love marriage sex etc..

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Preferred Age Differences (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Ladies, which age do you prefer your men to be?

1. Same age as you, give or take 5 years. (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. Older than you 5+ years (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Older than you 10+ years (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Older than you 15+ years (4 votes [13.33%])

5. Older than you 20+ years and beyond (4 votes [13.33%])

6. Younger than you 5+ years (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

7. Younger than you 10+ years (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

8. Younger than you 15+ years (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

9. Younger than you 20+ years and beyond (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. I like em' just eligible to vote. (0 votes [0.00%])

11. I like em' just eligible to drink. (0 votes [0.00%])

12. I like em' geriatric and in need of a sponge bath and tapioca pudding. (0 votes [0.00%])

13. I like em' rich and almost dead. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

EDIT: This one is for the ladies since we can't have a double-poll without people having to vote in both and I doubt that everybody is bi-seuxal on here. Hehehe

So just out of curiosity I made this little poll for both the ladies and gents of the forum. Some of us ladies were talking about our preferences for older men and I was wondering how people generally feel about age differences in relationships and what their personal preferences are and why.

For the people in relationships out there I am wondering what you PREFER, not the age of your partner, unless your partner falls into your preferred age range, but the age range of the people you'd look for if you were single.

Obviously, due to our various age ranges, not all of us can select 20+ years younger and whatnot without risking going to jail were we to actually date somebody more than 20 years younger so keep it clean and legal. But I don't really need to tell you that.*

Also, after you complete the poll please give the reasons as to why you checked the option(s) that you did, as well as provide examples of personal experiences if you have them, if you are comfortable doing so. I am just really curious and think this would be an interesting discussion for us to have. And why not, we already talk about literally everything else in here anyway. :laughing guy:

:heart: ,

Gangster

* However my best friend is a lawyer and would advise me to have that little disclaimer.

Edited by gangsterfurious, 10 February 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83471 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

76 years plus 33 minutes and it has to be 33 minutes too! Once they get to 34 minutes they're too old and I have to move on!

#3 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

So would that be "rich and almost dead"? Come on, let's see some results here.

#4 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Bah, the poll won't let me answer the first question unless I click options in both. Does anybody know a way around this or do I need to create another thread?

#5 hobo73

hobo73

In the court of the Crimson Hobes

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

With women, I'm truly not picky. I love them my age, slightly younger, slightly older and much older.

With men, I much prefer them to be at least ten years older than me. Men in their 40's are....just...... :dweez: :bump: :drool:
Yes please.

#6 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

I like them older.  Other than that, I'm not too picky.  I've dated some men just a year or two older, and I've dated men 25 years older than me.  And, a lot in between.  I was married to a man 11 years older than me.  The man that is 25 years older than me is the father of my son.  Even though he was that much older than me, he was a selfish child.  :eyeroll:

I did go out one time with a guy that was 4 or 5 years younger than me (hey, he was sexy as hell!).  IT didn't make it beyond one date.  Total disaster.

#7 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 10 February 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Bah, the poll won't let me answer the first question unless I click options in both. Does anybody know a way around this or do I need to create another thread?
Can we just pick our preference for both then?... :) Like Hobo did?

Edited by Narpzilla, 10 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#8 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

This is the first time I've seen a double poll, but it makes sense that you'd have to vote in both. You either have to add a choice in each poll for "I'm a guy (gal) and I voted in the other poll," or make two separate threads.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, 10 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#9 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 10 February 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

This is the first time I've seen a double poll, but it makes sense that you'd have to vote in both. You either have to add a choice in each poll for "I'm a guy (gal) and I voted in the other poll," or make two separate threads.

Boooooo

Okay then I'll make another one.

#10 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 10 February 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 10 February 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Boooooo

Okay then I'll make another one.

I can reset this poll to zero votes and add those "I voted in the other one" poll choices, if you like. I think you'd get more out of this if you can see both sexes' answers side-by-side in one thread.

#11 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Okay I fixed it, there is a separate thread for the gents.

#12 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 10 February 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Okay I fixed it, there is a separate thread for the gents.
You should have punched the time clock for that one.... :) :sigh: :fuckinputer:

#13 cleverlycareless

cleverlycareless

The Seeker

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'm in the 10+ range. I'm 26 and usually find that guys in their late 30s or early 40s are more my speed. Plus I've always found older men to be sexy.

#14 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21760 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

I voted for same age as me give or take 5 years, but it really depends on the person. There are plenty of younger people out there that act old and the other way around.  I tend to hang out with younger people than myself most of the time. As a ideal partner though I would have to say the above. People around the same age tend to have the same things in common and are hopefully around the same mental age as well as physical. I'm not into the "daddy" thing or the "son" thing with a guy. I want to be equal partners.

#15 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

View Postcleverlycareless, on 11 February 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

I'm in the 10+ range. I'm 26 and usually find that guys in their late 30s or early 40s are more my speed. Plus I've always found older men to be sexy.
Very true.... :yes: :)

#16 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79230 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm in the 5+ range.

#17 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17666 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

View Posthobo73, on 10 February 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

With men, I much prefer them to be at least ten years older than me. Men in their 40's are....just...... :dweez: :bump: :drool:
Yes please.

Well, hey there...Hobo, is it? blue J's the name... ;)

:P

Ahhhh, I'm just funnin'.

But seriously, I thank you, on behalf of all of us who've embarked upon the fifth decade of this life. (yikes)

#18 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I get better with age.

How are you doin'? :cool:

#19 hobo73

hobo73

In the court of the Crimson Hobes

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Whew!! You guys are charmers, lemme tell you ;)
Blue J, you're welcome! Lol I've always loved older men. I can't even explain it.

Enough small talk. When are ya buying me that drink? LOL

#20 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

I don't see age. I see the person.

Age is just a number.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dating, romance, love, marriage, sex, etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users