Documentaries

Mr. Not

Cartel Land - Amazing story of vigilantes fed up with both the Government and the Cartel by taking matters into their own hands.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/c55c3a67-ce40-42ae-9328-3948ffae9ae7_zpsx3zwzci2.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen this series?

http://s.sidereel.com/tv_shows/58379/giant_2x/295697-1.jpg

I saw a few, maybe 3 of them, funny in parts.

Don't binge watch, since it's Docu-Comedy, loses something.

Very original, low budget

• Like 1

Due to recent events they are showing a doc called

"Slave trade: how prince remade the music business."

Fascinating look at his battle with Sony in the 90s. I was unaware how ahead of his time he was in taking control of the business from the record companies and concert promoters. He even foretold that the Internet was going to crush the music business and the experts all said he was a kook. Check it out if you can.

Fascinating look at his battle with Sony in the 90s. I was unaware how ahead of his time he was in taking control of the business from the record companies and concert promoters. He even foretold that the Internet was going to crush the music business and the experts all said he was a kook. Check it out if you can.

I have heard of this one, I need to look for this.

I believe this is the time he changed his name to 'The symbol' as well right?

• Like 1

I have heard of this one, I need to look for this.

I believe this is the time he changed his name to 'The symbol' as well right?

Yeah, apparently they owned the rights to his name and the switch was a form of protest.

Dockumentary. The amazing story of the pitcher Dock Ellis. LSD laced No hitter. Drug addict. Lightning rod for racial tensions in a period of time laced with them. Amazing redemtion story of a man who experienced everything. Well worth your time to see the story of an amazing dude who defied everything.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

"AIR WARRIORS" is a documentary Series featuring aircraft that have performed magnificently in the U.S. Air Force throughout the years. Mostly Modern aircraft so far, Jets, tilt rotor (V-22 Osprey) aircraft, Helicopters and Drones among others that have been profiled so far. (9 episodes in total) Excellent show if you're into Air Power and such! I use them for info in my model building also!

:banana:

• Like 1

Dockumentary. The amazing story of the pitcher Dock Ellis. LSD laced No hitter. Drug addict. Lightning rod for racial tensions in a period of time laced with them. Amazing redemtion story of a man who experienced everything. Well worth your time to see the story of an amazing dude who defied everything.

I keep forgetting to watch this ! Thank you for the reminder, and the good review. A Pirates pitcher that played at the same time, Steve Blass, helps broadcast Pirate games now and he was just talking about the LSD game the other night! A strange but memorable milestone in Pittsburgh history.

• Like 1

http://cdn5.brusimm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Blackfish-film-review.jpg?56e547

Amazing!

I saw this before, it'll make you lose a few points in faith toward humanity that's for sure.

The stories from the crew who had to kidnap this whale from its parents when it was a baby were terrible. Even they were almost crying!

I saw one last night on Netflix about John Dupont and his wrestling compound called Team Foxcatcher. I never followed this story when it was going on and knew nothing about any of these guys before last night. It was really pretty good, I'd recommend it.

It's actually pretty scary to see this guy go from lovable outsider to friggin' crazy in a bag. The home movies in this make the story.

• Like 1

http://cdn5.brusimm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Blackfish-film-review.jpg?56e547

Amazing!

I saw this before, it'll make you lose a few points in faith toward humanity that's for sure.

The stories from the crew who had to kidnap this whale from its parents when it was a baby were terrible. Even they were almost crying!

I saw one last night on Netflix about John Dupont and his wrestling compound called Team Foxcatcher. I never followed this story when it was going on and knew nothing about any of these guys before last night. It was really pretty good, I'd recommend it.

It's actually pretty scary to see this guy go from lovable outsider to friggin' crazy in a bag. The home movies in this make the story.

Team Foxcatcher sounds like a good documentary. I'll see if I can find it on Netflix :)

Amazing!

This documentary was well done, but it only told one side of the story. Because of that, it came across to me as more of a propaganda piece.

Werner Herzog. Say no more.

Happy People: A year in the Taiga

people living in siberia. REAL remote part. Incredible. Must see

Fantastic doc. :yes:

Has anyone seen this series?

http://s.sidereel.com/tv_shows/58379/giant_2x/295697-1.jpg

I saw a few, maybe 3 of them, funny in parts.

Don't binge watch, since it's Docu-Comedy, loses something.

Very original, low budget

Very clever stuff.

We finished the Lemmy one from 4 or 5 years ago the other night too.

Man, the guy just seemed so friggin' laid back and cool.

Imagine doing all that touring pretty much non-stop for 40 years. I love playing music but I couldn't live that way.

• Like 1

The Smartest Guys in the Room. The Enron Story. If you haven't seen it you should.

Incredible story on how rigged things can be

yep. Enron, the NBA....

Politics. Everything. ;)

Probably a factor in my rekindled interest in the work of Bertolt Brecht. I've been watching a number of shorts on YouTube on his concept of the Alienation Effect in theater.

Amazing!

This documentary was well done, but it only told one side of the story. Because of that, it came across to me as more of a propaganda piece.

I think propaganda is too strong a word, but definitely one-sided.

• Like 1