Leonard Nimoy Reveals He Has COPD

ThatLightInYourEyes

Obviously a gigantic part of probably my favorite television show all time. 82 ain't bad already. At 53 now, if I were offered to live till 82 right now, I would probably take it. :cheers: to him and hopefully he is happy for however much longer he has... :)
  • Like 2

I saw pictures of him in a wheelchair at an airport recently, with what looked like oxygen, so I knew something was up.

I read this story yesterday. He gave up smoking in the mid 80's but he says it was too late to avoid this

I saw pictures of him in a wheelchair at an airport recently, with what looked like oxygen, so I knew something was up.

I read this story yesterday. He gave up smoking in the mid 80's but he says it was too late to avoid this

This is sad.

I smoked for about 10 years before quitting 14 years ago. I guess I am done for.

This is sad.

I smoked for about 10 years before quitting 14 years ago. I guess I am done for.

Well, if it's not one thing, it's another. And if not sooner, then later. And as for predicting your own death, worrying leads to stress. And that can kill you, too. All we can do is do the best with what we have.

Wow, how many cliches was that, anyway?

• Like 1

Obviously a gigantic part of probably my favorite television show all time. 82 ain't bad already. At 53 now, if I were offered to live till 82 right now, I would probably take it. :cheers: to him and hopefully he is happy for however much longer he has... :)

Of all the Star Trek actors, Nimoy is the one whom I've always wanted to meet. Patrick Stewart is a distant 2nd.....

I wonder if this is why his role in Into Darkness was so small and viewscreen-only, he could have been sitting in a wheelchair the whole time for all we know.

I saw him and Shatner at a convention about 15 years ago and they were pretty funny together. Of all the Trek actors who've passed already DeForest Kelly sucked the most for me.

God help us when Brent or Patrick dies, that'll be one dark day around here.

• Like 1

I wonder if this is why his role in Into Darkness was so small and viewscreen-only, he could have been sitting in a wheelchair the whole time for all we know.

I saw him and Shatner at a convention about 15 years ago and they were pretty funny together. Of all the Trek actors who've passed already DeForest Kelly sucked the most for me.

God help us when Brent or Patrick dies, that'll be one dark day around here.

For me the worst was a toss-up between DeForest Kelley and James Doohan. I always had a crush on Kelley's down-to-earth TOS character, especially when he bickered with Spock. Plus I got a good laugh at "Night Of The Lepus" as well. As for Doohan, the story of how one Trek fan wrote him a suicide note and he actually took it upon himself to visit the guy was an impressive one. He didn't have to do that, but I guess that was the kind of person he was.

As for Nimoy, he was on Piers Morgan not long ago and he looked much better. The condition will probably be one of those that will give him good days and bad days. At his age, that's normal. As for Shatner, though, we all know nothing can stop him.