Has anyone ever gotten more mileage out of one play?

Doug Flutie.

Maybe, but not enough to make the NFL to take much interest.

Terrell Suggs had something like 22 sacks in his last season, and no one was talking about him being picked #1. Clowney had 3 last year.

He was double teamed by SEC offensive lineman. That's why a Kelcy Quarles was able to make plays. We don't play in a pansy league.

What's with the Clowney hate?

3 sacks in the SEC translates to, what, 11 in the NFL?

Doug Flutie.

Terrell Suggs had something like 22 sacks in his last season, and no one was talking about him being picked #1. Clowney had 3 last year.

He was double teamed by SEC offensive lineman. That's why a Kelcy Quarles was able to make plays. We don't play in a pansy league.

Will he be double teamed in the NFL?

Also it wouldn't be surprising if he was holding back this year, when you have nothing left to prove and millions of dollars to lose you can't blame him if he did.

Clowney posted a 4.47 in the 40! :o :o :o

He registered two more sacks than Rudy.

It was rounded up to 4.53!

What the hell? Are they using base six in their calculations?

• Like 1

Doug Flutie.

Also it wouldn't be surprising if he was holding back this year, when you have nothing left to prove and millions of dollars to lose you can't blame him if he did.

So he'll be hungrier after becoming a multimillionaire?

Doug Flutie.

I'm not saying he definitely will, I don't know enough about his makeup, but it's certainly possible that, having now become set for life financially he can turn his focus toward being a transcendant pro. He gets hurt in college, he (probably) gets limited to the income from his insurance policy (probably $4-5 million). Since he didn't, he's guaranteed in the tens of millions with a big chance, if he shows the ability to do so, to sign a huge $40-50 million plus second contract.

Why would anyone need to double team a guy who had 3 sacks in college?

If they don't, his production will likely go way up.

Clowney posted a 4.47 in the 40! :o :o :o

He registered two more sacks than Rudy.

It was rounded up to 4.53!

What the hell? Are they using base six in their calculations?

There's a couple of front seven guys now who are faster than Clowney but both of them weigh about 30-40 pounds less...

Doug Flutie.

I'm not saying he definitely will, I don't know enough about his makeup, but it's certainly possible that, having now become set for life financially he can turn his focus toward being a transcendant pro. He gets hurt in college, he (probably) gets limited to the income from his insurance policy (probably $4-5 million). Since he didn't, he's guaranteed in the tens of millions with a big chance, if he shows the ability to do so, to sign a huge $40-50 million plus second contract.

So will he also play that next contract year like he's afraid of getting hurt?

I'm searching for an example of a projected high draft pick that tanked his last year and then became a great pro.

HE DIDN'T TANK LAST YEAR! Did you watch our games?

Again, I'm cool with honest criticism, a such as: he needs to do better against the run, he shouldn't be running late all the time, he should have the bone spurs removed.

If you watched our games he was doubled teamed AND ran away from by most teams on every play. Georgia ran his way, late, after running away from him all day in 100 degree heat, and Tennessee ran at him behind a future NFL tackle and he couldn't stop some of the runs. We lost both of those games.

Ironically, the player who played him the best was Taylor Lewan, of Michigan, in the bowl game. He is also a future lineman.

Those two offensive tackles dominated their position in college,much like Clowney dominated his position, except when they lined up against each other.

I'm thinking he is aptly named.

Really, do you watch our games? An objective criticism of Clowney would be : He's fast, and a man amongst boys, but he needs to work on stopping the run.

What do you mean by our games? Where do you play and what position? Btw, clowney does not have a team right now so I'm not sure what the point of your answer would be....

Really, do you watch our games? An objective criticism of Clowney would be : He's fast, and a man amongst boys, but he needs to work on stopping the run.

What do you mean by our games? Where do you play and what position? Btw, clowney does not have a team right now so I'm not sure what the point of your answer would be....

Gimme a f*ckin' break. It's a goddammed sports thread. It's nothing but irrational tribalism. Obviously, I'm talking about the Gamecocks.

HE DIDN'T TANK LAST YEAR!

I'm not sure that strengthens the case for him.

Did you watch our games?

What number were you?

Me neither. In 2 games that I remember against O-tackles that are going to the NFL, he didn't dominate them. He only dominated lesser talent, and I'm sure that was the same for those o-lineman.

Gimme a f*ckin' break. It's a goddammed sports thread. It's nothing but irrational tribalism. Obviously, I'm talking about the Gamecocks.

So is this objective criticism? Thanks.

There is no objectivism in sports. I try to be objective, but everyone is a homer, in the end, to one degree or another. I mean, I'm being forced to defend Clowney and he's not even close to being my favorite Gamecock, not last year, or ever, really. Edited by Aikenrooster

I mean, I'm being forced to defend Clowney

There really is no obligation to do so.

I'm just amused that knocking a guy's helmet off in an era where the fad was not to buckle helmets properly (or wear helmets way too big or both) has gained this guy superhuman status. If a helmet is properly worn and buckled and it's rolling on the ground, it probably has a head in it.

I mean, I'm being forced to defend Clowney

There really is no obligation to do so.

I'm just amused that knocking a guy's helmet off in an era where the fad was not to buckle helmets properly (or wear helmets way too big or both) has gained this guy superhuman status. If a helmet is properly worn and buckled and it's rolling on the ground, it probably has a head in it.

That's what it looked like, hence the popularity. We yearn for barbarism as a sick society. Just ask any redneck why they watch/attend car racing .... to see the wrecks. UFC is the most popular sport in America, now, due to blood and guts.

And the reason I'm on the defensive, in the spirit of honesty" is because my ball team didn't accomplish squat on the grid iron for over 100+ years. We didn't win a bowl game until 1992. We have won over 40 games in the last 4 years and highly ranked, and it happens to be synced with this Clowney business.

As a fan, I feel as if you're attacking my team, which, more than likely you are not.

And the reason I'm on the defensive, in the spirit of honesty" is because my ball team didn't accomplish squat on the grid iron for over 100+ years. We didn't win a bowl game until 1992. We have won over 40 games in the last 4 years and highly ranked, and it happens to be synced with this Clowney business.

As a fan, I feel as if you're attacking my team, which, more than likely you are not.

Of all the SEC teams, I hate South Carolina the least...if that helps. (to be honest I can't muster any good old-fashioned SEC hate for Vandy either)