California Breed..from the ashes of Black Country Communion

J. D. Simo and Jo Bonamassa are good buddies. I was watching the Rig Rundown of Simo's rig on YouTube, and he mentions Bonamassa. And he uses one of Bonamassa's signature Wah pedals.

Any of you guys heard of the band Simo? I got their self titled first album today, and I really like what I have heard so far. They are in the vein of what we are talking about in here. Makes me wish Glenn Hughes would have tapped J. D. Simo to be the guitarist for California Breed.

Wow. Listened to two clips (What's On Your Mind and I'd Rather Die In Vain)...and I'm buying the album just off the strength of these two cuts. THANKS so much man.

• Like 1

Any of you guys heard of the band Simo? I got their self titled first album today, and I really like what I have heard so far. They are in the vein of what we are talking about in here. Makes me wish Glenn Hughes would have tapped J. D. Simo to be the guitarist for California Breed.

Wow. Listened to two clips (What's On Your Mind and I'd Rather Die In Vain)...and I'm buying the album just off the strength of these two cuts. THANKS so much man.

We share great music ITT!!!

Have you heard of Doyle Bramhall II? His album Welcome is in this same vein, too, and I think it is brilliant.

Hmmmm...Looks like What's on Your Mind is on the album, but I'd Rather Die In Vain must be from another release. He does have a couple of solo albums. I haven't heard the whole album, yet, but track 3 seemed to go right into track 4, and I rally dug how he did it. That would be Fool For You and Clementia's Lament.

Ok my CB album finally arrived, listening to it now, first track "The Way" sounds good, the production is beefy and organic, not brick-walled at all which is a relief...

Aye.

Ok my CB album finally arrived, listening to it now, first track "The Way" sounds good, the production is beefy and organic, not brick-walled at all which is a relief...

Aye.

It's not a bad album though kind of fades a little by the last 4 or 5 tracks.

Yeah. Joe gets TONS of shit and now this. Look inward Glenn.

Only underscores just how great BCC was by comparison. Just not impressed with Watt.

I guess there's a real reason what a good bass player with such a great voice hasn't really been in any great bands for most of 40 years.

^ I can't argue this. Not to lay all the blame on Glenn, but it surely ceases to be everyone else's fault at some point. Not that he's claimed that, necessarily, but some of his supporters intimate that.

They really gave Bonamassa a ration of shit over his efforts with BCC...and here we are again. Joe quits, Derek Sherinian goes to play with Joe, and now Jason summarily quits the band that he and Glenn created saying that commitments would permit him from touring with the band (sound familiar!?!?) and that it "just wasn't going to work out."

:D

Glenn may be tough to work with, but he has only recovered from his addictions in the early 90's, and he did try hard to make it work as a solo artist right up to when BCC was formed. So it's not like he's been trying to put a band together for the past 40 years and failing.

Glenn may be tough to work with, but he has only recovered from his addictions in the early 90's, and he did try hard to make it work as a solo artist right up to when BCC was formed. So it's not like he's been trying to put a band together for the past 40 years and failing.

True enough. But he is 0-2 now since 2010, and the second band fell apart more quickly than the first. Believe me, I wish Glenn nothing but the best. I never knew who he was until BCC, and he quickly became one of my favorite singers/bassists/song writers. BCC 2 is a monumental achievement in retro hard rock, and he wrote most of the album. Sure, the individual playing was all great, but it was the songs that really shined as a whole.

Believe it or now, I'm still carry a torch in hopes of a BCC 4 album.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Yes. I actually prefer it to the debut overall. Very underrated album.

I hope for a BCC4 as well. Supposedly Joe and Glenn are talking again. I don't see a reformation happening, but an album down the line probably is not an impossibility either.

• Like 1

CALIFORNIA BREED 'Is Over'

January 15, 2015

http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/californiabreedcastillo2014_638.jpg

CALIFORNIA BREED, the band originally built around the foundation of legendary vocalist-bassist Glenn Hughes, drummer extraordinaire Jason Bonham and newcomer guitarist-singer-songwriter Andrew Watt, "is over", according to a posting on the group's official Facebook page.

Watt elaborated on the CALIFORNIA BREED split in a separate posting, writing: "To the CALIFORNIA BREED fans here, I put everything I had into this band. All I can say is I was in it for the long hall.

"I have a lot of new music for you guys.

"[i am] going to be announcing my plans soon.

"I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you supporting us, buying our music, coming to our shows.

"This is not the end... It is truly the beginning.

" cannot wait to continue the quest to bring rock 'n' roll back to the people that are hungry for it.

"What an amazing learning experience for me here and introduction to an amazing world of people and fans that share love for the same thing."

California Breed

Musician/Band · 17,310 Likes · 6 hrs ·

The band is over...what a logo though right??

California Breed

Musician/Band · 17,310 Likes · 5 hrs ·

To the California Breed fans here...I put everything I had into this band...all I can say is I was in it for the long hall...I have a lot of new music for you guys...going to be announcing my plans soon...I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you supporting us, buying our music, coming to our shows...this is not the end...it is truly the beginning...cannot wait to continue the quest to bring rock n roll back to the people that are hungry for it...what an amazing learning experience for me here and introduction to an amazing world of people and fans that share love for the same thing.

Love,

Andrew Watt