California Breed..from the ashes of Black Country Communion

CALIFORNIA BREED, the band originally built around the foundation of legendary vocalist-bassist Glenn Hughes, drummer extraordinaire Jason Bonham and newcomer guitarist-singer-songwriter Andrew Watt, split up several months after the release of the group's debut album because Hughes "couldn't commit" to working on a second CD without Bonham.

Jason quit CALIFORNIA BREED last year ahead of a scheduled tour in Europe and the U.S., forcing Hughes and Watt to recruit former QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo to sit behind the kit for the duration of the trek.

In a brand new statement on Facebook, Hughes explained his decision to put CALIFORNIA BREED to rest. He wrote: "On June 2 [2014], Jason left CALIFORNIA BREED. We had just gone on sale with tickets for the USA and Europe tours. I felt it necessary to commit to these shows, as we had recorded an album and we needed to play and promote our work.

"Joey C came in and played drums and helped us out on tour, and I am supremely grateful for this. What I couldn't commit to was a second album.

"[CALIFORNIA BREED] was Jason, Andrew and myself, and there was no way moving forward without all three original members.

"Over the past four decades, I have built a very loving and loyal fan base, where I know most of you, through touring, signing autographs for all, or on social networks, where I see your photographs or avatar, and answer you, in whatever you wish to ask or share with me.

"Those of you who have met me, or know me, know that I deeply care about LIFE...

"I am currently working on three projects, two musical and one movie...

"I will give more details as I move forward.

"The canvas of my life is vast... and I go ... where my spirit… leads me.

"Big love to all my fans, friends and golden ones across our planet.

"In my world, love is the answer… Remember this."