Why Are RUSH Taking So Long A Break?

presto123

First of all, we all know they need and deserve a break, but does it have to be like a year and a half? Aren't they worried that at their age a year and a half could be like 5 years? What if skills start to diminish. I don't want Rush to become a living, breathing example of their own song Losing It. Take a few more months and get back to work fellas. You can rest when your career is over and that's right around the corner relatively speaking.

I'm sure they realize they're not getting any younger but I would think they need a break not just physically but mentally as well. Sometimes you have to get away from something for a while to get inspiration again. Alex said that Geddy's buying up basses like there's no tomorrow so that's a good sign. I would rather have them take a longer break and come back and give us some great music than to take a short break and put out a substandard album. And I'm sure that'll spur some comments about the last few albums. :LOL:
  • Like 10

I think they should announce a retirement tour and stick to it.

Geddy's voice is fooshed, Peart should be enjoying his daughter's childhood and Lifeson will end up wearing the most ridiculous wigs.

• Like 3

Why make the money if they aren't going to enjoy it?

It has to be very difficult for Neil to be away from his young child especially after what happened to his first daughter. Every day away has to make you feel guilty and that you are throwing away precious time.

Every time they go out I'm actually surprised. They must have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives so it must be tempting to just go enjoy it.

• Like 1

I'm sure they realize they're not getting any younger but I would think they need a break not just physically but mentally as well. Sometimes you have to get away from something for a while to get inspiration again. Alex said that Geddy's buying up basses like there's no tomorrow so that's a good sign. I would rather have them take a longer break and come back and give us some great music than to take a short break and put out a substandard album. And I'm sure that'll spur some comments about the last few albums. :LOL:

Substandard albums? :o :LOL:

The only Rush albums I consider in anyway substandard are their first three :finbar:

Yowza!! :blink: Ah to be young..... :)

I think they should announce a retirement tour and stick to it.

Geddy's voice is fooshed, Peart should be enjoying his daughter's childhood and Lifeson will end up wearing the most ridiculous wigs.

But … then what will you be negative about? :smoke:

• Like 1

Wow.. people are real quick to spend other peoples time, aint they?

The dudes worked from mid 2011 through mid 2013 on CA and the tour. And thats right after 2010/2011 on Time Machine.

They made it VERY clear they were going to take a year off after the end of the CA tour and then get together and figure out what they want to do next.. and as far as I have heard that plan is still in place. They'll meet up in September, have one of their "Business meetings" (see the final scene in BTLS) and then get things in order for whatever they choose.

They've invested a LOT of their lives into this band.. at 60+ years old if the boys want or need to take a year for themselves, they've earned it!

• Like 5

Why make the money if they aren't going to enjoy it?

It has to be very difficult for Neil to be away from his young child especially after what happened to his first daughter. Every day away has to make you feel guilty and that you are throwing away precious time.

Every time they go out I'm actually surprised. They must have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives so it must be tempting to just go enjoy it.

I think spending time on tour is enjoying it. :huh: They're taking a break (well deserved) but the most fun a musician has is on stage. If you still can do it (and they can) they will. Not because they need the money. It is what they love and who they are.

• Like 1

First of all, we all know they need and deserve a break, but does it have to be like a year and a half? Aren't they worried that at their age a year and a half could be like 5 years? What if skills start to diminish. I don't want Rush to become a living, breathing example of their own song Losing It. Take a few more months and get back to work fellas. You can rest when your career is over and that's right around the corner relatively speaking.

They're probably still practicing their techniques while on break. These guys aren't the type to let one thing slip if they can help it. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about their greatness in the present tense.

They're probably still practicing their techniques while on break. These guys aren't the type to let one thing slip if they can help it. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about their greatness in the present tense.

Well, I don't think they should announce retirement just yet. Why would they want to do that when they're practially the greatest band in the world? Taking a break in between tours in fine, which is usually normal, but don't forget, the whole time they arent on break. Don't forget, if they are going to go on tour, they need to write new songs, record new songs, and then perform the new songs on tour. Thatlightinyoureyes has it right. They're not going to let anything slip if they can help it. Wouldn't that be silly since they're already the greatest rock band in the world?

• Like 1

its usually not too long before Ged and Alex get bored and restless. they'll start writing eventually

The only Rush albums I consider in anyway substandard are their last six previous to Clockwork Angels :finbar:

Fixed for accuracy

Fixed again... :)
  • Like 2

The only Rush albums I consider in anyway substandard are their first three albums :finbar:

Fixed for accuracy

Fixed again... :)

Back to how it was ;)

:LOL:

Because I told Geddy that I needed to see him a minimum of 6-10 shows next tour and he knows that I'm still paying off my credit cards and debt from Clockwork Angels and that I was laid off of my better paying job and still paying catch-up from that.
  • Like 4