So "24" is coming back?

Mara

I guess Keifer Sutherland needs the money?

I'll give it a shot but it was completely worn out long before Mark I ended.

It was the coolest show around for about the first five seasons, hence my willingness to give it a try.
  • Like 1

I am currently finding the third season really annoying. Could be that I have watched to much to soon, or that it really is just so darn silly.

The first season was one of the greatest seasons of television ever. It slowly went down hill.

I actually liked the first season of Sutherland's show Touch. But in the second season his character changed from a widower with a seemingly autistic son who brings people who have been searching for one another together, to Jack. They lost me there.

Based on the little flashes Fox showed during the SB, my wife and I predicted it was coming back!

Looks like it'll be in England.

The first 2 seasons were some of the best series on TV I thought.

I am currently finding the third season really annoying. Could be that I have watched to much to soon, or that it really is just so darn silly.

Both, I'd say. Of the first five seasons, season 3 was the only one I wasn't compelled to buy on DVD. Seemed like they were trying too hard.

And yes, an overload is entirely possible. I would suggest giving "24" a rest for a while, and going right to season 4.

Both, I'd say. Of the first five seasons, season 3 was the only one I wasn't compelled to buy on DVD. Seemed like they were trying too hard.

And yes, an overload is entirely possible. I would suggest giving "24" a rest for a while, and going right to season 4.

Thanks! I have! Funnily enough, I enjoyed season 2 a lot more than the first...the threat felt more realistic and based in reality. Season 3, Jack Bauer is getting silly and Kim...arg I find her character grates after a while. The pretty blonde in perilous situations seems so stuck in the past, and what was it with the random scene with the cougar? I found it so funny!

• Like 1

Thanks! I have! Funnily enough, I enjoyed season 2 a lot more than the first...the threat felt more realistic and based in reality. Season 3, Jack Bauer is getting silly and Kim...arg I find her character grates after a while. The pretty blonde in perilous situations seems so stuck in the past, and what was it with the random scene with the cougar? I found it so funny!

I thought the second season was the best of the lot.

I thought the second season was the best of the lot.

I still think the first season holds up, and would suggest to anyone who's interested in catching up on the series to start there. But yeah, to me, seasons 2 and 5 are at the top, with 1 and 4 right behind.

Recaps for those wondering...

Season one begins at 12:00 am on the day of the California presidential primary. Jack Bauer's protocol is to protect SenatorDavid Palmer from an assassination plot, and rescue his own family from those responsible for the plot, who seek retribution for Jack's and Palmer's involvement with a covert American mission in the Balkans.

Season two, set 18 months later, begins at 8:00 am. Jack must succeed in stopping a nuclear bomb from detonating in Los Angeles, then assist President David Palmer in proving who is responsible for the threat. This is necessary to avoid an unfounded war between the U.S. and three Middle Eastern countries.

Season three, set three years later, begins at 1:00 pm. Jack must re-infiltrate a Mexican drug cartel in order to seize a deadly virus being marketed underground. Meanwhile, Palmer attempts to be devoid of further political scandal which could cost him his presidency. Later, Jack and Palmer must cooperate with terrorist Stephen Saunders, who eventually gains possession of the virus, and stop him from releasing it in several American cities.

Season four, set 18 months later, begins at 7:00 am. Jack must save the lives of his new boss Secretary of Defense James Heller and Heller's daughter Audrey Raines (with whom Jack is romantically involved) when they are kidnapped by terrorists. However, Habib Marwan uses this as a disguise to launch further attacks against America, and Jack is forced to use unorthodox methods to stop him, which results in long-term consequences for both Jack and the United States.

Season five, set 18 months after, begins at 7:00 am. Jack is believed to be dead by everyone except a few of his closest friends. He is forced to resurface when some of those friends are murdered and he is framed by terrorists with connections to the American government. They attempt to steal nerve gas in order to protect U.S. oil interests in Asia, and Jack discovers an insidious conspiracy while trying to stop them.

Season six, set 20 months later, begins at 6:00 am. Jack is released after being detained in a Chinese prison following the events of season five. Terrorists who hold a vendetta against Jack plot to set off suitcase nuclear devices in America and he must secure them. Later, Jack is forced to choose between those he loves and national security when the Chinese set their sights on sensitive circuitry that could trigger a war between the U.S. and Russia.

Redemption, set three-and-a-half years later, Jack finds himself caught up in a military coup in the fictional African nation of Sangala. Militants are being provided assistance from officials within the United States, where Allison Taylor is being sworn into office as president. Due to the 2007–2008 Writers' Strike, season seven was delayed one year.[9] To bridge the one-and-a-half-year gap between seasons, Redemption was produced. This television film aired on November 23, 2008.

Season seven, set 65 days after the end of Redemption, begins at 8:00 am. Jack is assisted by the FBI and covert operatives when the firewall for America's federal computer infrastructure is breached by the same people responsible for a conflict in Sangala. Jack must then uncover who is corrupted within President Taylor's administration, which has allowed for the Sangalans to raid the White House and capture Taylor. She is later blackmailed by a private military contractor in an attempt to release biological weapons on U.S. soil. Jack must thwart these attacks so that the co-conspirators fail to cement their power at a government level.

Season eight, set 18 months later,[10] begins at 4:00 pm. Jack is brought in by CTU to uncover a Russian plot to assassinate Islamic leader Omar Hassan during peace negotiations with U.S. President Taylor. Russia's contingency plan involves engineering a dirty bomb, which Islamic extremists threaten to detonate unless Hassan is handed over. Jack then seeks retribution for personal losses suffered after Charles Logan convinces Taylor to cover up these crimes in order to protect the peace agreement. Jack becomes a fugitive from Russian and American governments and disappears.

Live Another Day is set four years later, and finds the fugitive Jack in London.[11]

Loved the season with the epic White House shootout.

When the last season ended, I really didn't think it'd take them this long to get shit back together.

Ugh, that Audrey thing is back. I found her too annoying for words in Season 3 (?). I hope she doesn't get romantic with Jack again.