Caffeine Use Disorder?

And yet you can find dozens of articles on how good coffee is for your health.

I have taken steps to see how far I can extend my use of coffee. Today I gently heated some cream with coffee beans, which is now sitting in the refrigerator to settle. Will make a desert tomorrow with layers of crushed Ladyfingers lightly soaked in Grand Marnier, strawberries and raspberries and topped with coffee infused whipped cream and Mascarpone cheese with a bit of vanilla and rum extract. :drool:

Will look something like this

http://saesonforgodsmag.dk/sites/default/files/recipes/images/jordbaertrifli_old_school.jpg

• Like 5

As I have said before I did drink lot's and lot's of beer for years but no longer. I have never been a coffee drinker at all. I have probably had maybe 10 cups of coffee in my entire lifetime. I only drank those on those cold mornings playing golf up north to keep my hands warm. Like Light says, try to get my :d13: from me..... :) My one vice I have left if it's a vice..... Edited by Narpzilla

I have taken steps to see how far I can extend my use of coffee. Today I gently heated some cream with coffee beans, which is now sitting in the refrigerator to settle. Will make a desert tomorrow with layers of crushed Ladyfingers lightly soaked in Grand Marnier, strawberries and raspberries and topped with coffee infused whipped cream and Mascarpone cheese with a bit of vanilla and rum extract. :drool:

http://saesonforgodsmag.dk/sites/default/files/recipes/images/jordbaertrifli_old_school.jpg

Can I come over and share? :D

I love caffeine. I'm particularly a Mountain Dewaholic. I love coffee too especially with lots of cream. I'm a regular customer at Starbucks. My favorites being white chocolate mocha and during the holidays I adore the pumpkin spice latte.
  • Like 1

Can I come over and share? :D

I promise if you make it all the way to Denmark I'll make you some :D

• Like 1

I drink 2-3 two-liter bottles of Diet Mountain Dew daily. I also start the day with a 64-ounce mug of coffee and have another late in the evening as I'm web-surfing or reading. It does not keep me awake. Sometimes I'll have coffee in the afternoon if I'm hungry and can't figure out what I want to eat.

Sure, I'm addicted. I'd mainline caffeine if I could. But I do not care. I quit a 25-year smoking habit nearly a year ago, so I am DONE with vice reform for a very long time.

• Like 2

I drink 2-3 two-liter bottles of Diet Mountain Dew daily. I also start the day with a 64-ounce mug of coffee and have another late in the evening as I'm web-surfing or reading. It does not keep me awake. Sometimes I'll have coffee in the afternoon if I'm hungry and can't figure out what I want to eat.

Sure, I'm addicted. I'd mainline caffeine if I could. But I do not care. I quit a 25-year smoking habit nearly a year ago, so I am DONE with vice reform for a very long time.

:o

At least now I don't feel too guilty about admitting my 3 two-liter bottle per week Diet Coke habit. I don't think there's a waking moment when I don't have some sort of caffeinated beverage within reach, and I also drink coffee late in the evening and it doesn't interfere with my sleep.

Oh my effing Deity! It tastes so unbelievably good :drool:

• Like 2

Jesus Christ. I hope I don't ever get around you in Atlanta traffic.

The only time you can tell I have a caffeine addiction is when I have gone without for too long, at which point yep, I morph into an Olympic class harpy from hell. Caffeine doesn't make me speed at all.

But this may give you an insight as to why I was reduced to peeing in my coffee mug while sitting in this past week's snow and ice gridlock. ;)

• Like 1

The only time you can tell I have a caffeine addiction is when I have gone without for too long, at which point yep, I morph into an Olympic class harpy from hell. Caffeine doesn't make me speed at all.

But this may give you an insight as to why I was reduced to peeing in my coffee mug while sitting in this past week's snow and ice gridlock. ;)

Mara, you are a piece of work and I mean that in the best of ways..... :) That would explain the need to "go" for sure Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 1

"Caffeine Use Disorder"? Gee, that sounds officially serious! I'm sure the pharmaceuticals are already working on a drug for this (Caflexa?) that we'll "need" to take for the rest of our lives just so we can drink coffee, with tons of cool side effects that will be far worse than caffeine jitters. :coffee:
  • Like 1

Ah, don't knock the pharmaceuticals used to treat addictions! I know I wouldn't have been able to quit cigarettes if not for Chantix.

But caffeine addiction. As far as I'm concerned it's harmless; my BP is insanely low even with my stratospheric caffeine intake and my heart beats about six times a minute. Even if it isn't harmless, I don't care. When my husband was told to stop with the caffeine, I quipped that my response to a doctor telling me the same would be something along the lines of, "heh, oh well, guess I'm gonna die!"

I'm pretty much caffeine free, I do have a cup of coffee maybe 2 or 3 times a year when out at breakfast, but I usually do half-caf.

I drink OJ with my breakfast, water with mu lunch and dinner. I'll occasionally have lemonade, but no soda for me.

When I worked at AT&T, I used to drink coffee every morning and would have terrible terrible headaches on the weekend. It was my body looking for that caffeine. I gave it up then and suffered through it for a week or so :) Never looked back

I love caffeine. I'm particularly a Mountain Dewaholic. I love coffee too especially with lots of cream. I'm a regular customer at Starbucks. My favorites being white chocolate mocha and during the holidays I adore the pumpkin spice latte.

Are you one of those people that practically has their drink made by the time you walk up to order and pay?