Need to let some steam out? Do it here!

The Analog Grownup

This is really a minor thing, but...auto-correct. What the hell? I guess it's what I get for using an iPad. Makes us look like we don't know what proper syntax is.

Ever send an email or a private message to somebody and it totally chops up what you're trying to write? SO annoying!

All right...that's about as close as I come to a rant right now.

Yes I know exactly what you mean!

I had to turn it off on my tablet because every now and then, if I wasn't keeping an eye on it, when typing a long piece, the cursor would jump up to a few lines above and insert what I was typing there instead!

WTF????

I had a really bad auto-correct a while ago... I texted another coach to ask him if he was here... but I accidentally typed "hete" instead of "here" and the stupid Android phone I was using changed that to "heterosexual". So I sent him a message that said "are you heterosexual?" His reply was "sorry to disappoint you, but yes I am. You work with my wife" :LMAO:

A good sport.... :LOL:

This is really a minor thing, but...auto-correct. What the hell? I guess it's what I get for using an iPad. Makes us look like we don't know what proper syntax is.

Ever send an email or a private message to somebody and it totally chops up what you're trying to write? SO annoying!

All right...that's about as close as I come to a rant right now.

Yes I know exactly what you mean!

I had to turn it off on my tablet because every now and then, if I wasn't keeping an eye on it, when typing a long piece, the cursor would jump up to a few lines above and insert what I was typing there instead!

WTF????

I had a really bad auto-correct a while ago... I texted another coach to ask him if he was here... but I accidentally typed "hete" instead of "here" and the stupid Android phone I was using changed that to "heterosexual". So I sent him a message that said "are you heterosexual?" His reply was "sorry to disappoint you, but yes I am. You work with my wife" :LMAO:

:LOL:

You know this little fad, trend, epidemic or whatever you want to call it, where people form a heart with their hands?

http://catholicmom.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/heart-hands.jpeg

I can always taste my own bile whenever I see a picture of it. I can partially understand when girls do it, because they probably think it's so cutesy, but when guys do it - come on, grow a sack! It doesn't get anymore moronic.

The more people do it the more I hate it!

• Like 2

You know this little fad, trend, epidemic or whatever you want to call it, where people form a heart with their hands?

I can always taste my own bile whenever I see a picture of it. I can partially understand when girls do it, because they probably think it's so cutesy, but when guys do it - come on, grow a sack! It doesn't get anymore moronic.

With you bro. An attempt at being romantic gone way wrong..... :yes: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

With you bro. An attempt at being romantic gone way wrong..... :yes:

Seems to me people do it all the time everywhere. It's fine if people feel strongly about something, but it also seems like they desperately need to validate their feelings through a gesture. They act as if they don't feel anything unless people have seen their "heart" photo on instagram or facebook.

Seems to me people do it all the time everywhere. It's fine if people feel strongly about something, but it also seems like they desperately need to validate their feelings through a gesture. They act as if they don't feel anything unless people have seen their "heart" photo on instagram or facebook.

You need to try my insular life at some point :LOL: . I agreed with you because I think its silly but I can't honestly ever remember seeing one specifically. I know I have and I realize this "fad" exists but it is at the bottom my most annoying things list... :)

You need to try my insular life at some point :LOL: . I agreed with you because I think its silly but I can't honestly ever remember seeing one specifically. I know I have and I realize this "fad" exists but it is at the bottom my most annoying things list... :)

I think it will do me good :LOL:

I hate it when people name their daughter Dylan. Some names are just meant to be boys' names. You will spend your lifetime correcting people cuz they'll assume you're a man. And when Dylan is used as a man's name, it reminds me of hippies and trailer trash. Edited by Boots

Office mate constantly complains and fusses that he has nothing to do, no projects to bill all of his time to, we're all going to get laid off because work is so slow (it always is this time of year). . . .

Then someone gives him something to help out on so he has billable work and he DOESN'T FREAKING DO IT!!!! Or he does it wrong. And he never shuts up, so those of us who ARE busy with important stuff, like posting on TRF, can't focus. He surfs the web and tries to start conversations about random crap off of Facebook or MSN, then is puzzled why no one will engage - "what's wrong? Oh, you must have taken your Adderall - you're so intent that you can't hold a conversation." Um, no, I am actually getting shit DONE.

What I suspect he really wants is for us to be so busy that his screwing around goes unnoticed. He wants to have JUST enough work to stay under the radar.

He's a genuinely nice guy - I have worked with him for 8 years and I do like him. But god, sometimes I still want to shoot him!

• Like 1

Office mate constantly complains and fusses that he has nothing to do, no projects to bill all of his time to, we're all going to get laid off because work is so slow (it always is this time of year). . . .

Then someone gives him something to help out on so he has billable work and he DOESN'T FREAKING DO IT!!!! Or he does it wrong. And he never shuts up, so those of us who ARE busy with important stuff, like posting on TRF, can't focus. He surfs the web and tries to start conversations about random crap off of Facebook or MSN, then is puzzled why no one will engage - "what's wrong? Oh, you must have taken your Adderall - you're so intent that you can't hold a conversation." Um, no, I am actually getting shit DONE.

What I suspect he really wants is for us to be so busy that his screwing around goes unnoticed. He wants to have JUST enough work to stay under the radar.

He's a genuinely nice guy - I have worked with him for 8 years and I do like him. But god, sometimes I still want to shoot him!

Wow, sounds like a lot of people here. I hate being slow. I find stuff to do. I just wrote an app that takes a little user input and then provides answers to questions I get asked by the 2nd line support staff. :LOL: One nice thing about being a developer - we don't have to sit on many customer facing calls :)

PTSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssss . Whew!... aah!

Gravity is what really gets me down though..
  • Like 1

1. Michael Moore is an IDIOT!!! IMO, NOTHING HE PUTS OUT IS A "DOCUMENTARY"!!! (maybe a DICK umentary, cause that's what he is.)

2. A commercial for Chanel 'No.5' parfume that tells women they have to 'shape up' because they "NEED A MAN"...Why? I think a woman needs a man to survive about as much as a man needs a woman to be complete. Why does most of the world believe this bull dooky? Some things do have to be done by both genders, but not much out of the bedroom, ya know? Gender should NOT MATTER except in those few situations where two are required. I'm not talking about the fact that men and women fall in love with each other and choose each other to love each other for their lifetime, just someone TELLING THEM they HAVE TO DO IT A CERTAIN WAY. HORSE PUCKY!

3.I will NEVER get a Shetland Pony for a PET. Unless it is litter-Trained. :blink:

My drawing teacher is a rude, condescending a**hole. If he were a woman, then he wouldn't be teaching at that college without an MFA. I've decided to take classes at a large university next year to protest how much I hate that man. My revenge on that art college is not spending another dime or another semester there.
  • Like 1

My drawing teacher is a rude, condescending a**hole. If he were a woman, then he wouldn't be teaching at that college without an MFA. I've decided to take classes at a large university next year to protest how much I hate that man. My revenge on that art college is not spending another dime or another semester there.

Have you seen this woman?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/NCIS-abby2.jpg

Have you seen this woman?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/NCIS-abby2.jpg

No I haven't

Edited by Boots