Need to let some steam out? Do it here!

The Analog Grownup

This is somewhat like the "What pissed you off today" thread, but this is more a general type of pissed off-ness. The one that doesn't happen on a day to day basis, but the one that lives a prolonged life.

I'll start:

My country is selling Dong, which is providing the country with heat and energy, to Goldman Sachs which to me exemplifies the worst capitalism has to "offer". Part of our infrastructure will be in the hands of a bank who cynically does whatever it can to make money, no matter how many victims it leaves behind it. Never have I had so little faith in my politicians.

And a second one:

Why can't people see that the social medias are anything but "social". We are being duped here! "It's all about sharing and giving something back to the community". Sorry, I'm not buying into that. Call me a cynic if you will but Facebook was never about us being social, it was about us thinking we were and making money. Out the window goes any critical sense and ability to think for yourself, it's all been reduced to stupid slogans, selfies and narcissistic navel gazing.

It's all just hot air. A string of buzz words that mean absolutely nothing. Why is the world in such a Goddamn hurry?!

• Like 4

Why can't people see that the social medias are anything but "social". We are being duped here! "It's all about sharing and giving something back to the community". Sorry, I'm not buying into that. Call me a cynic if you will but Facebook was never about us being social, it was about us thinking we were and making money. Out the window goes any critical sense and ability to think for yourself, it's all been reduced to stupid slogans, selfies and narcissistic navel gazing.

It's all just hot air. A string of buzz words that mean absolutely nothing. Why is the world in such a Goddamn hurry?!

F**king this. Also, who really needs more of a reason to hate their family members and high school classmates? No wonder we're all shooting each other in public. FB is evil.

As for a country "selling Dong" though... sorry, I kind of LOL'd inappropriately. :blush:

• Like 1

This is somewhat like the "What pissed you off today" thread, but this is more a general type of pissed off-ness. The one that doesn't happen on a day to day basis, but the one that lives a prolonged life.

I'll start:

My country is selling Dong, which is providing the country with heat and energy, to Goldman Sachs which to me exemplifies the worst capitalism has to "offer". Part of our infrastructure will be in the hands of a bank who cynically does whatever it can to make money, no matter how many victims it leaves behind it. Never have I had so little faith in my politicians.

And a second one:

To touch on social media, its obviously a big money grab, some people get WAAAAAY to into it.

Are the other social media sites big over there? Twitter, instagram, snapchat?

And here I thought *we* (Italians) had the worst politicians the world over! We probably have, but I knew nothing about Dong and Goldfinger Sachs. When we think about Northern Europe we always go "Oh, that's paradise, decent honest countries..."

Why do people on Facebook feel the need to update us on every little thing their doing during a day?! "I ate this, I washed this, I watched this, I changed my Babies nappy it ponged..." - WOW i'm so very interested, please continue...
  • Like 1

I'll start:

My country is selling Dong

I LOL'd

Damn! :rage: I should have read this thread first before I read Light's thread about Dong. I wouldn't have had an energy company stuck in my head. I would have only been thinking of the dong I knew previously..... Crap! Edited by Narpzilla

Watching Fox News and the prep for the State Of The Union...... F**k all these politicians!...... :facepalm: I could swear they are all on the same team.....
  • Like 3

And here I thought *we* (Italians) had the worst politicians the world over! We probably have, but I knew nothing about Dong and Goldfinger Sachs. When we think about Northern Europe we always go "Oh, that's paradise, decent honest countries..."

Don't worry (or worry a lot), you still have :P

Forgot to add this: The grass ain't always greener on the other side ;)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

F**king this. Also, who really needs more of a reason to hate their family members and high school classmates? No wonder we're all shooting each other in public. FB is evil.

As for a country "selling Dong" though... sorry, I kind of LOL'd inappropriately. :blush:

I'll start:

I LOL'd

I'll start:

I LOL'd

Damn! :rage: I should have read this thread first before I read Light's thread about Dong. I wouldn't have had an energy company stuck in my head. I would have only been thinking of the dong I knew previously..... Crap!

I had a feeling it could be funny, but thought "naah, they won't notice"... ;)

It is kind of funny :D

I'll start:

And a second one:

To touch on social media, its obviously a big money grab, some people get WAAAAAY to into it.

Yup, unfortunately. Twitter and Instagram is somewhat big but of course not as much as Facebook. Snapchat will probably grow since it's even more useless.

Why do people on Facebook feel the need to update us on every little thing their doing during a day?! "I ate this, I washed this, I watched this, I changed my Babies nappy it ponged..." - WOW i'm so very interested, please continue...

Some people need to keep a private diary instead. Amazing what people disclose about themselves. I must admit that I'm on Facebook, but I try to keep a healthy distance. I rarely write and when I do I try to turn things around. Think I'll start posting when nothing at all happens.

And what's with all the pictures of girls/women looking like dolls on speed?

• Like 1

People and their dang texting. You got to text nowadays if you want to have a conversation. Everywhere I turn, people are texting, want to text, need to text. It's crazy. Every single person texts. Except me. And when I tell people I can't text and don't use my cell phone they look at me like, "You do know that we've also invented the wheel and fire?"

So....

Late this morning...

I purchased an iPhone 5S. A little silver number. She's a pretty little thing.

Now, who do I text first?

I'll start:

And a second one:

Yup, unfortunately. Twitter and Instagram is somewhat big but of course not as much as Facebook. Snapchat will probably grow since it's even more useless.

I know, its absurd. I was talking to my students about the other ones (facebook, twitter, instagram)

I ask "let me get this straight, instagram is like posting pictures on facebook, you post pictures people comment, right?"

"Twitter is like the facebook wall, except you cant send personal messages, and you are limited to how much you write, correct?"

"snap chat is like FB messenger, but shit dissapears, right?"............................................................................................................................................................................................................

so basically the other three social media platforms that were bought for billions are just crappy versions of facebook and with more limitations?

These have all spawned because your moms and aunts and grandmas are on FB. am I right?

Forgot to add this: The grass ain't always greener on the other side ;)

The grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting...... :eh:

People and their dang texting. You got to text nowadays if you want to have a conversation. Everywhere I turn, people are texting, want to text, need to text. It's crazy. Every single person texts. Except me. And when I tell people I can't text and don't use my cell phone they look at me like, "You do know that we've also invented the wheel and fire?"

So....

Late this morning...

And never have the masses been worse at writing coherent, grammatical correct and thoughtful sentences, since the beginning of the industrial age.

I'll start:

And a second one:

I know, its absurd. I was talking to my students about the other ones (facebook, twitter, instagram)

I ask "let me get this straight, instagram is like posting pictures on facebook, you post pictures people comment, right?"

"Twitter is like the facebook wall, except you cant send personal messages, and you are limited to how much you write, correct?"

"snap chat is like FB messenger, but shit dissapears, right?"............................................................................................................................................................................................................

so basically the other three social media platforms that were bought for billions are just crappy versions of facebook and with more limitations?

These have all spawned because your moms and aunts and grandmas are on FB. am I right?

Imagine how many years of your life you would spend looking down at a small screen, all the while life passes you by? If you imagine the picture of our evolutionary step, I fear we in a generation or two will be back to the same hunched over posture. Only difference will be a smartphone in our hand instead of a club.

I'd rather look up. So much too see other than the pavement or my iphone.

It's so funny that you started this thread, because earlier today I was thinking that I'd like to start a thread called something like "Random Things I'd Like To Shout." :LOL:
  • Like 1

Look, my brain is FRIED right now. I left the office at 11 am when the "light snow showers" that were predicted started looking far more ominous. Add temps dropping through the 20s and it was disaster.

I have a 13 mile commute, against heavy traffic.

I got home at 5:30.

At about 3 o'clock, I peed on an overpass. In my coffee mug. It is a 64 ounce mug so nice and wide and plenty of room, but still. People, I took a whiz in the middle of gridlocked traffic IN MY GODDAM COFFEE MUG.

• Like 5

Look, my brain is FRIED right now. I left the office at 11 am when the "light snow showers" that were predicted started looking far more ominous. Add temps dropping through the 20s and it was disaster.

I have a 13 mile commute, against heavy traffic.

I got home at 5:30.

At about 3 o'clock, I peed on an overpass. In my coffee mug. It is a 64 ounce mug so nice and wide and plenty of room, but still. People, I took a whiz in the middle of gridlocked traffic IN MY GODDAM COFFEE MUG.

Holy crap :o

So....

Late this morning...

And so it begins.