Good VGM / OSTs

Mr. Not

What is it?..... :huh:

Videogame Music / Original Soundtrack.

I have a thing for these threads where media is listed where I don't like to put my submission into the OP, as I want every post to be on an equal playing field. I'm working on my first post as we speak.

What is it?..... :huh:

Videogame Music / Original Soundtrack.

I have a thing for these threads where media is listed where I don't like to put my submission into the OP, as I want every post to be on an equal playing field. I'm working on my first post as we speak.

Don't mind me but that helps..... :eh:

I loved fighting this boss a kid just so I could hear this tune... It's the organ that makes it! Though I couldn't have told you that when I was younger.

I spent a good chunk of my life slaving over Runescape from my Jr High years onward. Nothing ever came out of it, not even in-game! I would always decide to start a new account before becoming someone in the game, and I did play in "Old School Runescape" from its release until a few months later. During that period, it was the time when I did become someone, or at least, I was close to becoming recognized. I was in the top 1,000 players (out of half a million at the time, with probably about 300,000 of those being active players)! Wipee! But then, life started to become something I needed to tend to, and I wouldn't possibly be able to maintain that position in the high scores... I also figured during that time there should be no reason one would have to dedicate so much time to such a monotonous game to begin with (not exactly an enlightenment, but a change in attitude). This was silly of me to think because such dedication is only required if you desire to be a top player, but that's what I wanted. I wanted the reward, and wasn't willing to take the sacrifice which came with it (being a functional productive person who cares for others is what you sacrifice). I became careless and decide to bot. After some weeks, I was caught for it, and my account was banned. I didn't care and still don't. That's the end of that.

But, anyway, as for this OST... Well, Runescape music was notorious for it's outdated quality. People mocked it for this relentlessly. The music itself was good, but the production was something you really couldn't help but acknowledge. Little did we know at the time, but it was the terrible quality of the music which would make it even more nostalgic in the future... And Runescape's music actually sort of seemed to embrace it, this "weakness" was likely intentional, and so it was one of Runescape's unique staples.

• Like 1

A lot to say about this one, but I'll save most of it. I didn't like Mother 1 as a game, but the intro story always touched me a bit. It was nice and this music as accommodation is really what did it. Of course later games in the Mother series were much better (aka actually playable), but this OST is still my favorite from the entire series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhZDJyuUOc

Oh! And this one too! I love it <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbRJoHTJAM

Edited by Mr. IsNot

The Witcher

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

System Shock 2

Fallout 1/2

Duke Nukem 3D

Doom

Deus Ex

Retro/Grade

Just to name a few :P

The Monaco OST is amazing.

The Command and Conquer games have some great tunes as well.

I only am aware of Doom's OST.

m8s, you best be linking a representative track for these ;)

As requested, OST links:

Monaco complete OST The description separates all of the individual tracks for you. Some of my favourites are: Discothéque Rouge, What's yours is mine (the game's official theme) and Turf War but the honest truth is that the whole thing is astounding.

For C&C...I don't remember the songs off hand but Hell March is pretty solid. I know there are better.

I'd also like the following to my list:

The old megaman games (I have a playlist of these and a bunch of other game OSTs for when I code).

's what seems to be the youtube equivalent of my playlist.

F-Zero games. Notable examples:

• Fire Field (F-Zero)
  • Dream Chase (F-Zero X)
  • Devil's Call in Your Heart (F-Zero X)
  • Climb Up and get the last chance! (F-Zero X)
  • Shotgun Kiss (F-zero GX)

Smash bros has excellent original music, as well as revamped old tunes. Final Destination (both main and alternate music) and Battlefield are great tracks.

Metal Gear Solid has some excellent tunes. See: VR Training, Main Theme and The Best Has Yet to Come.

I do enjoy much of the music in Megaman, but I never got into 3 and beyond when it comes to those. F-Zero never caught me personally.

Everything about Monaco appears appealing (you taught me of it), so I'll be waiting for a steam sale for it. I rarely actually go on steam, so we'll see how that works out.

Make sure to have friends if you do get Monaco. The game is good alone but it's one of the best video game experiences I've had with friends. Edited by USB Connector

The Witcher

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

System Shock 2

Fallout 1/2

Duke Nukem 3D

Doom

Deus Ex

Retro/Grade

Just to name a few :P

The Monaco OST is amazing.

The Command and Conquer games have some great tunes as well.

I only am aware of Doom's OST.

m8s, you best be linking a representative track for these ;)

u wot m8 ill wack yer gabber i swer on me mum

System Shock 2 - Ops 2

Fallout - Radiation Storm

Duke Nukem 3D - Stalker

All of the games I listed, except for Retro/Grade, can be found on a site called gog.com. Most of those games also come with their soundtracks as bonus goodies for free as well, so you don't have to go scourging the internet for an additional source. I would definitely pick them up if I were you!

• Like 1

Chrono Trigger and Cross

Castlevania (not the sh*tty new games)

Pretty much every Zelda Game

Silent Hill (every one with Akira Yamaoka as the composer)

Dragon Quest

I'm probably forgetting some. I'm surprised no one listed Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross yet. Those are some of the best OSTs I've ever heard.

• Like 1

Classic

Myst Soundtrack is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-VACX3QLVw&list=PL5AC20ACEB609CBDD

One of the all time best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4OgJl3LPI

the soundtrack for streets of rage, I think this thing actually charted in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4OgJl3LPI

• Like 1

I'll give the longer fuller OSTs a listen while I'm doing busy work. But I can tell you about Ocarina of Time right of the bat: wow. Very nostalgic, and I was never much of a Zelda player or fan either... But that intro was such an interesting way to set the tone for the game. Really a lovely experience. I still stand by Wind Waker being my favorite, it has great music as well.

In fact, I'm surprised I haven't shared this one yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJsviRJ4voc

• Like 2

I'll give the longer fuller OSTs a listen while I'm doing busy work. But I can tell you about Ocarina of Time right of the bat: wow. Very nostalgic, and I was never much of a Zelda player or fan either... But that intro was such an interesting way to set the tone for the game. Really a lovely experience. I still stand by Wind Waker being my favorite, it has great music as well.

In fact, I'm surprised I haven't shared this one yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJsviRJ4voc

Absolutely love this.

A friend loaned me a CD with this version - symphonic! its excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7yZ-jAj7Zk

Look no further than my profile pic to figure out my favorite video game song. Of course the video has already been posted, so I won't double post. I also enjoy the entire score for Crash Bandicoot 2, my favorite game, and Super Mario RPG
  • Like 1