The official "Good Morning" thread

Blue J

Good morning, everybody!

I love my mornings. I'd say that I'm a morning person, at least much more than I used to be, but I'm really an anytime person- I don't sleep all that much, hahaha. Anyway...I'm sitting here enjoying my second cup of Costa Rican roast, and making some customary morning rounds inside the Rush forum...

I just wanted to have thread designed for all of us to say good morning to each other- and when I say it, I mean it! (Incidentally, I don't say good morning really to anybody when I get to work. Go figure).

For you Brits and Europeans, it is already (or at least nearly) afternoon. But I hope you had a good morning anyway!

So if this thread flies, it'll fly, and if it dies, then it'll die. But in any case, I thought I'd start it. :)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Mornings to me are rather....umm....."different".

I get home from work around 4:00 am....... :o

Good morning Blue J! :hi:

I'm just now sitting down with my first cup of coffee. The kids are actually playing nice upstairs and I get a chance to watch the Today show, sip some coffee AND write a most fascinating post about it. :LOL:

It's the calm before the storm. Pretty soon it'll be a frenzy to get the kids ready for school.

• Like 1

Good morning Blue J! :hi:

I'm just now sitting down with my first cup of coffee. The kids are actually playing nice upstairs and I get a chance to watch the Today show, sip some coffee AND write a most fascinating post about it. :LOL:

It's the calm before the storm. Pretty soon it'll be a frenzy to get the kids ready for school.

Yeah, see? That's the spirit, right on. :)

You are fortunate on the school schedule I think, Janie- my little guys have to be up and out of the house and we are at the bus stop no later than 7:00 AM. They're gone by 7:05. Not a whole lot different from other kids, maybe, but I think it's kind of early for elementary school-age kids.

We have a basketball game at 9:00 this morning. Why we do this to ourselves on Saturdays on the middle of winter, I can't answer, but anyway...later is my son's birthday party with his friends, and then they're all spending the night here. Calm before the storm, indeed. I hope the house will survive five 9-10 year old boys...and the 6 year old with one of his friends, too.

Good morning, everybody. Time to make my coffee.

Good morning!! I'm off today, and about 2-4 inches of new snow are just a few minutes away, according to the radar map..... :boohoo:

Maybe I'll go back to bed..... :o

Good morning!! I'm off today, and about 2-4 inches of new snow are just a few minutes away, according to the radar map..... :boohoo:

What do you do that get home from work at 4:00 AM? Bartender? EMT?

What do you do that get home from work at 4:00 AM? Bartender? EMT?

Evening shift in a pharmaceutical distribution center - Sunday thru Thursday. Pharmacies around the country want their drugs EARLY, so trucks have to be on the road by 11pm, 1am, 3 am, etc. How demanding.....!! :P

Good morning, Rush family...I've extended my weekend by one day today. It's my little protest for the company being open on a national holiday. And besides that, I'm dead tired after the weekend full of birthday celebration we had here at home. I need another day, just to be lazy. :) I hope everyone else is well.

Good morning to Blue and everyone else. Once again, the kids are playing nice and I get to watch the Today show and drink some coffee. Makes me feel kind of old and boring but I'm happy and relaxed so what are you doing to do? The kids are obviously home today so unfortunately I don't have the day off. I'll be helping my oldest do a book report today. He's 7. How does a 7-year-old have a book report due?! Plus, he has to present it in front of his class. Boy oh boy, things are way different than back in my day. Edited by Janie

I'm used to waking up early now cause of Lucy lol

I'm really groggy and sluggish in the morning. Not as bad as I used to be lol but NEVER have I ever been a "morning person" ;)

......at least I don't growl at people trying to wake me up anymore.

Good morning, Rushians! Here. Virtual coffee.

:coffee:

Good morning, Blue J, my sweet! :)

Ahh, you've beaten me to it! I've been darting around here for an hour or so, but I thought I'd give you all some time to wake up.

Good morning, dear. :)

Good morning once again, all...it's another rather chilly one today. This winter has been nuts. I like it, but...nuts! I'm not sure I enjoy this frigid cold that seems to be persisting. Hot coffee all day long, though. :)

Today is the kind of day that I'd like to just stay in all day long and just look at the snow, while I stay warm in here. I 'm pretty sure my boss has other plans for me, though. Oh, well.

Good morning once again, all...it seems I can only say that when it's between about 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning (maybe after that, there are too many variables that can make it not so good- work, anyone?), so enjoy it while it lasts...hahaha...

The temperature here in lovely southwest Ohio has gone down by 25 degrees in the past three or four hours (about eight degrees colder in the past half hour alone), and still sinking...fifteen below, twenty below zero by tonight? Sure, bring it on. We seem to be going through this at least once a week lately

"Feels like I'm stuck in a January that don't ever end..."

I love winter weather; I really do. But this year has been just ridiculous.

Oh, well. Such is life.

My younger son was developing a fever when he went to bed last night, so I may be staying home with him today, anyway. We shall see.

Anyway...everybody stay warm, and have a great day.

Good morning, everybody...I can't say it's bright and early, because it's still dark. But that's how early it is. But if you say something like "it's dark and early", people just think you're an idiot. (And really, honestly, I'm not. I swear! You don't believe me, do you?).

Anyway...I can't remember if I've seen a thread or a particular section here where we post about Rush dreams, but I had one a week or so ago. First Rush dream I've had in ages and ages. I dreamt I was in a rehearsal space of theirs, and Neil was there before either of the other two, and he asked me, "Hey, you want to see something?" And he picks up Alex's 12-string acoustic and starts just picking away...then he put it down and picked up one of Ged's basses, and starts jamming on it. Then he put it down, and was just cheesing- big grin on his face, and he chuckled a little bit. (I guess he just wanted to show me that he really can do EV-erything!). Then he goes back to his drum kit and I just watch him play until Ged and Alex arrived, and they played Far Cry for me.

What a nice bunch of guys they are. :)

Right, then, have a good day, all.