My one and ONLY complaint about the CA Live DVD

Thunder Bay Rush

My only complaint - I didn't see Kelly D and her smokin' hot blond friend anywhere in the video.

Goddam it!

I don't know what you're talking about, and the DVD was really meant to capture the band and string ensemble with a few crowd shots, I don't think that the Kelly D thing is actually really important as compared to the sound on the iTunes mix. I can't hear some keys and strings at the best of times.

Not sure why people are complaining about the sound and the editing... it sounds fine on my shitty TV set. Maybe if I had a big system like some of you do, I'd notice a difference. The only thing I did notice, was the drums weren't loud enough at times. I think the camera work and the editing are excellent.

But, I still miss Kelly D and her friend rockin' out!!!

All of the fast jumping around from one camera angle to another is headache inducing. Even my sister who's just now becoming a Rush fan noticed that she couldn't understand what Geddy was singing very well. She's never had a problem with any of the other DVDs.

I sat down and watched Time Machine the other day and in comparison with Clockwork Angels, Time Machine is miles better. I never in a million years thought I'd say that. I couldn't even watch it for a while. Even with Geddys poor cold he sounds better. And the video editing is much much better.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

All of the fast jumping around from one camera angle to another is headache inducing. Even my sister who's just now becoming a Rush fan noticed that she couldn't understand what Geddy was singing very well. She's never had a problem with any of the other DVDs.

I sat down and watched Time Machine the other day and in comparison with Clockwork Angels, Time Machine is miles better. I never in a million years thought I'd say that. I couldn't even watch it for a while. Even with Geddys poor cold he sounds better. And the video editing is much much better.

Thank you. Quick cutting makes me intensely uncomfortable. And CA tour hurts my brain. Time Machine and S&A are way better visually. I watched CA once. that was enough.

Mick

I don't have too many complaints, but I'll play along by admitting that Alex did seem to be intentionally hamming it up to distract the audience from Geddy's cracking voice or Neil's declining stamina. Of course that's just a theory, and if it's true then it just shows what a good guy Alex is. So, bonus sentimental value for fans of just seeing the guys at work on anything whatsoever.

Seriously, though, I would pay full price for a DVD of them doing one of those reaction videos they have on YouTube where viewers tape themselves watching a disgusting video or film. They could just sit on the couch and react and it would be the best thing ever. That's how interesting they are.

• Like 1

I don't have too many complaints, but I'll play along by admitting that Alex did seem to be intentionally hamming it up to distract the audience from Geddy's cracking voice or Neil's declining stamina. Of course that's just a theory, and if it's true then it just shows what a good guy Alex is. So, bonus sentimental value for fans of just seeing the guys at work on anything whatsoever.

Seriously, though, I would pay full price for a DVD of them doing one of those reaction videos they have on YouTube where viewers tape themselves watching a disgusting video or film. They could just sit on the couch and react and it would be the best thing ever. That's how interesting they are.

The first paragraph was funny as hell. Sarcasm befits you..... :sarcastic: :LOL: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

The first paragraph was funny as hell. Sarcasm befits you..... :sarcastic: :LOL:

Thanks. It can be a great coping mechanism. :)

The first paragraph was funny as hell. Sarcasm befits you..... :sarcastic: :LOL:

I know I enjoy the hell out of it. I just wish I had the balls to do it without giving it away........ :)
  • Like 1

Geez, a posts posts about one simple beef with the video and we end up with a laundry list of complaints, Who could foresee the thread going that direction? :eh:

My only complaint? I haven't yet seen it.

• Like 3

Perhaps Neil should consider a change to balsawood drumsticks.

Perhaps Neil should consider a change to balsawood drumsticks.

:LOL:

I know I enjoy the hell out of it. I just wish I had the balls to do it without giving it away........ :)

I got you this just because...... :) :sarcastic:

1549518_612221875517617_1933075480_n.jpg

I'd much rather have seen Kelly D than the mixing board guy. Seriously, who's bright idea was it to show him (no offense to him but didn't get why those shots were included). Also this is the first dual-layered dvd I've noticed the pause on in a long time. I'm even playing it on my blu-ray player.

I'd much rather have seen Kelly D than the mixing board guy. Seriously, who's bright idea was it to show him (no offense to him but didn't get why those shots were included). Also this is the first dual-layered dvd I've noticed the pause on in a long time. I'm even playing it on my blu-ray player.

If you have a blu ray player, why did you get the DVD?

If you have a blu ray player, why did you get the DVD?

The dvd was cheaper and I have to yet to buy any concert releases on blu-ray yet. For this release I now wish I had. Don't recall the Time Machine dvd pausing like the CA dvd does.