treeduck

Joe Vitt should be removed as linebacker coach, even if he stays on as (Sean's buddy) an assistant, special teams coordinator Greg McMahon should be fired and defensive line coach Bill Johnson should be shitcanned too. If these three stay in their current jobs, then nothing changes. The three guys fired today look like just changes to be changing.

I don't understand why so many offensive coaches were fired. The Saints offense wasn't their problem imo.

I don't get it either.

Saints’ Junior Galette arrested

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 5, 2015, 11:43 AM EST

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmwzmm0owu1otyzn2uyytjmm2y2mjy0njkyzgfmytbi-e1409774481517.jpeg?w=231

Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette was arrested in Kenner, Louisiana this morning.

The Times-Picayune reports that police confirmed Galette was in custody but have not released any details of the reason for the arrest.

The Saints signed Galette as an undrafted rookie out of Stillman College in 2010 and he has emerged as one of their best defensive players. In 2014 he led the team with 10 sacks.

Galette signed a four-year, $41.5 million contract with the Saints in September.

After NFL players went six weeks without getting arrested at the end of the regular season, this is the second arrest of an NFL player since the regular season ended.

bored at home = gettin into trouble

They need a daycare program for NFL players when they aren't in season. Seems like they do some stupid shit when they get a little free time.

• Like 1

Junior Galette booked for simple battery related to domestic violence

Posted by Josh Alper on January 5, 2015, 4:25 PM EST

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptvhodu0nda2ndrjztg2odjimgm3yju2mteymdcyy2ez.jpeg?w=250

Earlier on Monday, we learned that Saints linebacker Junior Galette had been arrested in Kenner, Louisiana and details about the reason for his arrest have now come to light as well.

Galette was booked for simple battery related to domestic violence after an incident at his home. A police spokesman said, via the Baton Rouge Advocate, that police arrived at Galette’s house on Monday morning and found a 22-year-old woman was bleeding from the ear with scratches on her face that she claimed were the result of being “jumped” by Galette and another man when she asked for cab fare.

The woman said she had been in a relationship with Galette in the past, but says she now stays with him and does cooking and cleaning. Galette described her as a “dancer” who came over on Sunday night and stayed until Monday morning.

Per the report, Galette called a police officer an “insulting name” when he was informed that he’d be arrested and talked about how being arrested on charges related to domestic violence could negatively impact his career.

Both the NFL and the Saints have said they are aware of the arrest and monitoring the situation.

:facepalm: :banghead:

Drew Brees is going to the Pro Bowl (to replace Roethlisberger).

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 1

So the AFC and NFC can change players?

They did away with the conference format. Players were chosen regardless of conference and then Deion and Rice chose sides. It's the same thing this year except with two other ex players.

They did away with the conference format. Players were chosen regardless of conference and then Deion and Rice chose sides. It's the same thing this year except with two other ex players.

Pathetic!!

I have not watched the game in years. It's like flag football :facepalm:

Edited by troutman

Pathetic!!

It IS a pathetic display...and yet, it draws a bigger TV audience than any regular season baseball game.

• Like 1

Pathetic!!

It IS a pathetic display...and yet, it draws a bigger TV audience than any regular season baseball game.

Damn,

I miss the old days! :codger:

Pathetic!!

And, I must add, it is more interesting than any soccer game ever played.

How Saints WR Brandin Cooks plans to take his game to the next level

http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/nfl/images/2015/01/16/011615-NFL-Saints-Brandin-Cooks-PI-CH.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

A fast start to New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandin Cooks' rookie season had an abrupt ending.

Cooks, who had 53 receptions for 550 yards and 3 touchdowns in 10 games, sustained a thumb injury in Week 11. The injury required surgery and Cooks was placed on the season-ending IR. Nearly two months later, Cooks has been attacking the weight room and the field with the same type of intensity that made him a first-round pick a year ago.

"I've been cleared for three weeks," Cooks told FOXSports.com in a telephone interview. "I've been catching balls, lifting weights and getting back into it. I'm looking forward to hitting it really hard right after the Super Bowl ends."

Cooks, along with a large contingent of last year's rookie class, has spent the past week in Long Beach, Calif., at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl game. Appearing with Panini NFL trading cards, the 21-year-old has taken some time to reflect on his first year in the league after a decorated collegiate career at Oregon State.

"I feel like I had an all right season," Cooks said. "Unfortunately, I had to end my season a little short, but for the time that I played I thought I got better every game and got used to the NFL each week.

"I'm completely confident in my abilities and there's no question about it. This work that I'm going to put in during the offseason will be huge for next year. I can't wait to get out there and be a playmaker."

Shortly after Cooks was selected 20th overall, he returned to Corvallis to finish his classes and graduate. Getting up to speed in the Drew Brees-led offense was challenging, but the former Biletnikoff Award winner — given to the best receiver in college football — made up for lost time.

Before training camp began, Cooks spent time with Brees at his offseason home in San Diego to work on the duo's timing. While Brees threw for a league-leading 4,952 yards and earned a Pro Bowl nod, the Saints' postseason expectations fell short. Cooks plans on a rendezvous this offseason.

"Yes I'll be out there again this year," Cooks said. "I won't change that. As long as he's my quarterback, I'll be out there working with him."

Dennis Allen joins Saints’ staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 7:06 AM EST

300x7.jpg?w=250

Dennis Allen, who was fired after four games as the Raiders’ head coach last year, has found a new job.

Allen will join the Saints’ staff, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

This will be Allen’s second stint as a Saints assistant. He was previously on the Saints’ staff from 2006 to 2010, first coaching the defensive line and then coaching the secondary. Allen will now have to mesh with Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who wasn’t there during Allen’s previous tenure with the Saints.

Allen went 8-28 in three seasons as head coach of the Raiders.

300x7.jpg?w=250

Dennis Allen, who was fired after four games as the Raiders’ head coach last year, has found a new job.

This will be Allen’s second stint as a Saints assistant. He was previously on the Saints’ staff from 2006 to 2010, first coaching the defensive line and then coaching the secondary. Allen will now have to mesh with Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who wasn’t there during Allen’s previous tenure with the Saints.

Your so fu****!!! :facepalm: :LOL:

300x7.jpg?w=250

When Allen was at the Raiders they went 4-12 and 4-12 again and now 3-13, but when he was last with the SAINTS we won the Super Bowl. That's the difference you see, we know how to use him, not as a head coach or even a coordinator but as an assistant or a position coach.

300x7.jpg?w=250

When Allen was at the Raiders they went 4-12 and 4-12 again and now 3-13, but when he was last with the SAINTS we won the Super Bowl. That's the difference you see, we know how to use him, not as a head coach or even a coordinator but as an assistant or a position coach.

Which is where he should be,

I never did like that the Raiders picked him as head coach. :D

I don't like this hire though, but then apparently Sean Payton worked with Ireland when he was with the Cowboys.

Report: Jeff Ireland joining Saints personnel department

Posted by Josh Alper on January 20, 2015, 9:56 AM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptjlndfiyjmyytu2owq3mjdmmmu4ytcxytk0mjdhntlk-e1421765784501.jpeg?w=211

The Saints lost a couple of members of their personnel department to the Bears recently and they’ve reportedly brought in a familiar name to help them move forward in the 2015 season.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Saints are hiring former Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland to do college scouting for the team. The Saints saw director of pro personnel Ryan Pace become the General Manager in Chicago and he took area scout Josh Lucas with him to be the Bears’ director of player personnel.

Ireland was fired by the Dolphins following the 2013 season after six years on the job. Those years were filled with increasing amounts of fan discontent with Ireland’s performance, leading to airplane banners over Sun Life Stadium and few tears when owner Stephen Ross decided to make a change last season.

Ireland was a draft consultant for the Seahawks after getting fired last year, but it didn’t turn into a long-term position with the club. He and Saints coach Sean Payton both worked for the Cowboys at the same time in the early 2000s.

Evan Woodbery of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis said he didn’t know what reporters were talking about when asked about Schefter’s report. Loomis, who is in Mobile for the Senior Bowl, is expected to have an extended chat with the media later this week.

Jeff Ireland says he hasn’t been hired by the Saints, yet

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EST

350x-339.jpg?w=250

Not so fast on Jeff Ireland joining the Saints’ front office.

Responding to a report that he had been hired by the Saints, Ireland told Alex Marvez of FOX Sports that he has not been hired for a front-office job in New Orleans. Ireland did speak to the Saints and would like to work with them, but nothing is official.

Ireland spent six seasons as the Dolphins’ general manager before he was fired at the end of the 2013 season. He briefly worked as a consultant with the Seahawks last year but hasn’t had a full-time job in the NFL since leaving Miami.

Jeff Ireland says he hasn’t been hired by the Saints, yet

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EST

350x-339.jpg?w=250

Not so fast on Jeff Ireland joining the Saints’ front office.

Responding to a report that he had been hired by the Saints, Ireland told Alex Marvez of FOX Sports that he has not been hired for a front-office job in New Orleans. Ireland did speak to the Saints and would like to work with them, but nothing is official.

Ireland spent six seasons as the Dolphins’ general manager before he was fired at the end of the 2013 season. He briefly worked as a consultant with the Seahawks last year but hasn’t had a full-time job in the NFL since leaving Miami.

There's still some hope!

You gotta believe!

• Like 1

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say they still dem aints? LMAO!!

:huh:

I think what he meant was "one gift playoff victory, a 35 year old QB with back issues and a running back that's more used up than a hooker in the French quarter. We're invincible!"

• Like 1