Bioshock Infinite

barney_rebel

Who's playing? I'm almost half way through, no spoilers please.

I finished it in December. It's not as good as the others, but it left me loving it at the end.

I heard it makes a better movie than it does a game.

I'm not so sure about that in this case. This has way more shooting/violence than the others, which, to me, detract from the story-telling but make for a good game, still.

I finished it in December. It's not as good as the others, but it left me loving it at the end.

You get a feeling that it's a lot like Clockwork Angels at all?

Do you mean in feel or in story? I definitely feel it is similar in feel. But I didn't get the idea that the stories were at all similar. Looking back on it now that you've said it, there is an obvious correlation between the anarchist and the dictator and the war between them. But the comparison works less well for me as the "anarchist" is more of a communist in Bioshock, and the Watchmaker is more of an ultra conservative free-market guy than an order freak. Each Bioshock game pits ideologies against each other, and so in that case the stories are similar to clockwork angels. And the future as seen by the past works well in all Bioshocks and CA as well.

I'm glad you brought this up.

Edited by LedRush

You get a feeling that it's a lot like Clockwork Angels at all?

Do you mean in feel or in story? I definitely feel it is similar in feel. But I didn't get the idea that the stories were at all similar. Looking back on it now that you've said it, there is an obvious correlation between the anarchist and the dictator and the war between them. But the comparison works less well for me as the "anarchist" is more of a communist in Bioshock, and the Watchmaker is more of an ultra conservative free-market guy than an order freak. Each Bioshock game pits ideologies against each other, and so in that case the stories are similar to clockwork angels. And the future as seen by the past works well in all Bioshocks and CA as well.

I'm glad you brought this up.

Yes, exactly my thoughts. Angel in the sky too.

EDIT, and how they worship their leader much like The Watchmaker

Edited by barney_rebel

I love some of the old pop-culture references throughout the game.

Some nice racist undertones too...

Finish it yet?

The DLC is not worth it, in my mind. If you want good DLC, get the one from Bioshock 2...which was a great value and a great story.

I love some of the old pop-culture references throughout the game.

Some nice racist undertones too...

Finish it yet?

The DLC is not worth it, in my mind. If you want good DLC, get the one from Bioshock 2...which was a great value and a great story.

I just hijacked the blimp and Elizabeth changed her clothes.

I got the DLC for free as a Steam gift.