Sludgy Stoner Doomish stuff

ucsteve667

^^^^^ holy cow, havent heard tiamat mentioned anywhere in ages

Just rediscovered Wildhoney. Not a big fan of their other material, but this is a masterpiece of gothic doom. :haz:

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

^^^^^ holy cow, havent heard tiamat mentioned anywhere in ages

Just rediscovered Wildhoney. Not a big fan of their other material, but this is a masterpiece of gothic doom. :haz:

It seems we would agree then. Wildhoney a great one, the others i tried do not recall liking

I had mixed feelings on mothership for some reason

I can definitely see that .. was it the vocals ??

Not sure, was 3 weeks or so ago gave a few a spin. Coukd have been vocals, but odd as i love the genre

• Like 1

Those Elder songs don't sound bad. I have to check this album out.

Thanks guys. :cheers:

• Like 2

Lore is quite good as well, if you have not heard that one yet

• Like 2

Lore is quite good as well, if you have not heard that one yet

No, I haven't heard of the band at all. Only thing that bothers me so far is the poor production, especially the muffled drum sound.

• Like 1

Just listening to the new Elder. Sonntag sounds like they're big Krautrock fans. Love it. :AlienSmiley:

The drum sound is still the only drop of bitterness for me. Otherwise it's a fantastic album.

• Like 1

Just listening to the new Elder. Sonntag sounds like they're big Krautrock fans. Love it. :AlienSmiley:

The drum sound is still the only drop of bitterness for me. Otherwise it's a fantastic album.

My favorite Elder song is Lore... off the Lore album.

• Like 1

My favorite Elder song is Lore... off the Lore album.

http://youtu.be/PzDm6ImLtHc

I have both albums now but I started listening to the new one first. Lore is to be at the ready but I'm addicted to BASK at the moment. Finally an American band that is capturing. They rock!

• Like 1

Oh, how wonderful! Plenty of new bands right in my wheelhouse to discover and listen to!

This band falls more in the stoner rock/metal category than the sludge or doom metal category, but I saw this band support for ENDON and Mutoid Man a few months back and I really liked them a lot. They have a new album that just came out a few weeks ago, but this from their previous album which I have on CD if anyone's interested.

I have a feeling someone has mentioned this band before here or elsewhere, but I dig this Yob album also:

• Like 1