16 - Best Song From Test For Echo

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1032 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Test For Echo
    • Driven
    • Half the World
    • The Color of Right
    • Time and Motion
    • Totem
    • Dog Years
    • Virtuality
    • Resist
    • Limbo
    • Carve Away the Stone

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Aug 24 2004, 12:11 PM)
Driven,
to pick one.
The whole album is great, love it from the day I heard it frist.

i think i love you

jk

wub.gif wub.gif Test For Echo is my all time favorite song. And It inspired my band Inuit(from my blood relatives, yes i am from Nunuvut) to play like this. I cannot tell you how much i love this song and album. It was the first album i ever owned and i got it when i got straight As in the third grade. It will always have a special place in my heart, because right now i'm playing it full blast. But I need to say something to any one who hates Test For Echo; it really makes me mad with everyone saying how much they hate it. There is nothing to hate. It is better than any other band's albums by FAR!!! They just do not get it when you grow up with Inukshuks, satalites, and looking at Auroras every day. It's my home and I love this album because it shows you what it's like up there being Inuit. This is not over I will say more about Test For Echo to get it into you skulls. banghead.gif banghead.gif dazed025.gif pokey.gif angry.gif

"Resist." heart.gif

I actually prefer the acoustic Rush in Rio version. It's so beautiful when being played by just Geddy, Alex and two acoustic guitars. It also happens to be among my favorite Rush songs. wub.gif

Driven, no contest here for me.

2- Time and Motion

3- Resist

4- Half the World

5- Limbo

6- Carve Away the Stone

7- Test for Echo

8- Virtuality

9- Dog Years

10-Totem

11-The Color of Right

Went with Resist. Best song on a fairly solid album that I liked when it came out and still do thereby ending the streak at 3 that I had had of not liking an album and having it grow on me, liking an album when it came out and then losing interest in it.

One major exception with this album however. Dog Years 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif The song makes me howl in pain like a werewolf in London.

Actually I would rather listen to Werewolf in London the listen to Dog Years which is, IMO, the worst Rush song by far. In fact I would go so far as to say that its not a bad Rush song - its just plain a bad song.

Other than that abomination this is a good, solid album.

Driven. An interesting album. Kind of melds the 80s synth and the 90s back to basics. I've actually learned to enjoy this album more over time and I think it gets better over time. A very strong effort.