I noticed that Neil doesn't do half as much as he used to. I saw Rush many many times from the mid 70s to the Early 90s, then didn't go again until this past summer. Neil doesn't play near as many fills, and Alex's ripping solos are few and far between. I'd have to concede that part of it simply has to do with the mellower material they are doing, but some of those older songs have definitely been simplified. You can say the same thing about Jimmy Page at the O2 show, so I guess its just age catching up with them.
  • Like 1

Alex mentioned in a recent interview that Neil had developed a severe case of tendentious on the last tour. I'me sure that had something to do with it.

I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that Neil being tendentious is a particularly new development. :LOL:

• Like 2

Alex mentioned in a recent interview that Neil had developed a severe case of tendentious on the last tour. I'me sure that had something to do with it.

I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that Neil being tendentious is a particularly new development. :LOL:

Just wanted you to know I am paying attention even if nobody else is... :LOL:

I am sure he can be disappointed or feel shame not only for many old lyrics but many old songs too. Imagine, he has to relive those old memories over and over to please the fans.

I am sure he can be disappointed or feel shame not only for many old lyrics but many old songs too. Imagine, he has to relive those old memories over and over to please the fans.

I am certain Neil took that into consideration long before he called Alex up and told him he was having trouble finding a job and would he and Geddy please consider taking him back as a drummer.

OFF TOPIC:

Ssooooooo - swerving in front off his bike and slowing down while a buddy drives next to him to box him in is not the best way to make a formal introduction?

Crap, plan 10.2 out the window........

Highly Recognizable People (the HRP condition) just want to be treated like regular people. Period. They more than likely want to talk about anything other than work. I have a friend who was the executive producr of a movie that made over $160 million at the box office. When we do get ot hang out, we usually talk about baseball or family things. We rarely talk about his career. I never ask him about his latest project or that aspect of his life. It's not important.

ON TOPIC:

When I saw them in NJ for CA, the drumhead broke on Big Money. Things happen. That's why they play it live. They are also 60ish. I'll cut them some slack.

What I "funny" about the OP ist hat people always complain that they never play the old stuff but when they do, they complain about the way they play it...Ugh...

What I "funny" about the OP ist hat people always complain that they never play the old stuff but when they do, they complain about the way they play it...Ugh...

That's because we'd rather them NOT attempt to play it IF they play it with obvious CONTEMPT.

It's not that Neil's "too old" or CAN'T play such old songs, it's that he phr*ckin' HATES them and purposely dumbs them down as he quietly resists.

You can be DAMN sure that when he plays a sh*tfest such as "Faithless" or "Wish Them Well" EVERY little nuance and detail will be reproduced perfectly with the care of a surgeon; each and every fill, the touch and dynamics will be played absolutely accurately, a fully maximized effort to get such songs JUST RIGHT.

He purposely disrespects any older songs for one reason...he feels that not only the SONGS are beneath him, but those songs' fans are as well.

He plays NO old songs anywhere NEAR how he used to. NONE. On PURPOSE. And there's a reason for that. And that reason is TOTAL DISGUST.

• Like 1

Highly Recognizable People (the HRP condition) just want to be treated like regular people. Period. They more than likely want to talk about anything other than work.

:goodone: