Recently, while watching the live version of "A Passage to Bangkok" from the Snakes and Arrows Tour I noticed that Neil doesn't play the drum fills during the chorus. I assume that Neil is extremely embarrassed by the lyrics of that song and not playing the drum fills is his little way of protesting the song. Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kB0vgbB7zs&t=1m2s

• Like 2

Embarrassed? I don't think so, why would he be? :smoke:
  • Like 3

Didn't he write the lyrics?

Maybe he considers all his lyrics like his children. This one is the red-headed stepchild...... :wacko: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Didn't he write the lyrics?

Maybe he considers all his lyrics like his children. This one is the red-headed stepchild...... :wacko:

hey! Red headed kings are da bomb!

I think Neil has other songs to be humiliated by than songs about herb.

*bark bark woof woof* if you catch my drift.

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 6

I think Neil has other songs to be humiliated by than songs about herb.

*bark bark woof woof* if you catch my drift.

Was that from the 90's cause I don't recall that one?..... :D-13:

Maybe he's just tired...... :)

Sometimes I wonder whether he has some sort of chronic pain issue and just doesn't talk about it.

He is married..

Kurt I'd give you 100 likes for that post if I could

Me too..... I gave him another. We need a petition thread for some more... :yes:
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder whether he has some sort of chronic pain issue and just doesn't talk about it.

He is married..

Me too..... I gave him another. We need a petition thread for some more... :yes:

Add my likes as well!
  • Like 2

He is married..

Add my likes as well!

:cheers: Need some more........
  • Like 1

Recently, while watching the live version of "A Passage to Bangkok" from the Snakes and Arrows Tour I noticed that Neil doesn't play the drum fills during the chorus. I assume that Neil is extremely embarrassed by the lyrics of that song and not playing the drum fills is his little way of protesting the song. Any thoughts?

You should write him a letter and tell him how to play the song properly. I've heard tips from fans are the source for most of his drum ideas.
  • Like 3

He is married..

Add my likes as well!

:cheers: Need some more........

Add mine as well...

• Like 3

You should write him a letter and tell him how to play the song properly. I've heard tips from fans are the source for most of his drum ideas.

I hear Neil is very open to advice and criticism, even if u catch him walking around.

• Like 2

I hear Neil is very open to advice and criticism, even if u catch him walking around.

Agreed, You should just approach him with open arms and give him a bear hug. He just loves those.

:gumby:

• Like 3

Agreed, You should just approach him with open arms and give him a bear hug. He just loves those.

:gumby:

Only after announcing (very loudly) "I am your biggest fan ever!"
  • Like 6